Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    BTW... did any other issue of Abrams' Spider-Man came out?
    Issue#4 came out in september, surprisingly, I thought that **** finished releasing before Corona **** happened.

Guess the last issue will be released next year, assuming it's not cancelled already like a lot other minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    thats what happen when Peter kicks your ass you tend to be a little obsessed
    Kraven also had a taste for spiders as he thought that it would get him into the mindset of Spider-man, anyone heard of Renfield?
    Hail Hydra!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah they just don't care about lying, Abrahams' Spider-Man was talking like Peter and MJ would be the starts of the comic, then issue#1 comes out, MJ got fridged, and turns out the story is about this bland ass kid nobody cares about, then solicits from issue#4 says this:

Not only did they lie, they have the fucking audacity to say this... It's honestly kinda funny, it'd be even funnier if they got sued for false advertisement.

For that to happen, the comic needs to remember Randy exists, and that Robbie exists too.
    Abrams Spider-Man is going on the direction of “Year One”.... Forgotten about by the Spider Office and never to return

Sin eater wins. The Order of the Web witness the mental state of Peter mind. they are still comparing Gwen to OG Gwen that conversation is so repetitive now. I feel like Madame Web needs to get hit or something I feel like she knows exactly whats going on but doesnt say anything just to check up appearances of being mysterious
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Abrams Spider-Man is going on the direction of “Year One”.... Forgotten about by the Spider Office and never to return
    Well, I don't even know what Year One is, so it seems Marvel is doing a good job at burying that .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, I don't even know what Year One is, so it seems Marvel is doing a good job at burying that .
    Year One was a non-canon year long story by John Byrne that was actually liked by Marvel, but was despised by fans because it messed with Amazing Fantasy 15 ( and is considered by fans familiar with it in the 10 worst Spider-Man stories ever). To be fair, The Other and Silk did the same thing but since those stories are considered canon, we are stuck with them. I have little doubt that Abrams Spider-Man will be considered one of the worst stories in Spider-Man history, and based on fan reaction and Marvel’s treatment of it, it will be below Year One when ranking All-Time bad Spider-Man stories.

Year One was a non-canon year long story by John Byrne that was actually liked by Marvel, but was despised by fans because it messed with Amazing Fantasy 15 ( and is considered by fans familiar with it in the 10 worst Spider-Man stories ever). To be fair, The Other and Silk did the same thing but since those stories are considered canon, we are stuck with them. I have little doubt that Abrams Spider-Man will be considered one of the worst stories in Spider-Man history, and based on fan reaction and Marvel’s treatment of it, it will be below Year One when ranking All-Time bad Spider-Man stories.
    bro you are a broken record I can only associate you with The Other and Silk Hatred I think everyone here knows you hate the character. Why do you feel compelled to bring it up every time? And a legit answer would be appreciated

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    bro you are a broken record I can only associate you with The Other and Silk Hatred I think everyone here knows you hate the character. Why do you feel compelled to bring it up every time? And a legit answer would be appreciated
    Those two were brought up because like Year One, they messed with Amazing Fantasy 15. It was a comparison because the poster who asked about Year One was not familiar with it.

Oh, you mean Chapter One lol.

Those two were brought up because like Year One, they messed with Amazing Fantasy 15. It was a comparison because the poster who asked about Year One was not familiar with it.
    The Other didn't do much to mess with AF#15, 'cause by that point JMS had been saying for a while that Spidey was connected with some magic Spider-God, he was being cute by saying "Hey, maybe it was science", but doing little to support that side, so the preference was obvious, and The Other just confirmed what he was heavily pointing at anyways.

Not saying that The Other doesn't suck, it does, just that it didn't bring the magic side, only made the connection more obvious.

Really they expanded upon the origin or add things? Dont comics do that all the time? Plus nothing changed with the spider biting someone else the only reason why Peter is serious about Spider-Man is because his uncle died had Uncle Ben not been killed Peter wouldnt have been a hero it seems. Nothing changed. Plus if you hate that you should hate the other retellings or other references to the issue. Like Jessica Jones too?

asm #200 legitimately destroys AF #15 yet only i speak the truth of how terrible it is, join me, my kin
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Chapter One was pretty much dropped as quickly it arrived. To say it ruined AF#15 was a bit silly however seeing as AF is still around, and Chapter One got ignored the moment it finished. At least we got the Ultimate Universe out of it.

Abrams' Spider-Man will be largely forgotten. I don't think it has any lasting impact on the character, either within editorial or in character (it's not canon so...).
    It is funny to think that it's still being released and yet it hasn't touched the character at all. No one talks about it and every issue is now just a stealth release. It got a tiny amount of hype from Marvel which went as soon as the first issue hit.
    I've not read any of it, but from what I've heard, it's a generic Spider-Man story. Nothing good enough to remember and nothing bad enough to stand out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    asm #200 legitimately destroys AF #15 yet only i speak the truth of how terrible it is, join me, my kin
    I am a proud hater of Wolfman's run, so:

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I knew I'd regret reading your post, so I only have myself to blame.