Page 386 of 432 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386387388389390396 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by MkDiz View Post
    Cable isnt Jean's child from another time. Rachel and Nate are. But I dont know why many are so confused of Jean's and Cables relationship when adoption and step parents exists in the real world. Jean raised Cable in a post apocalyptic world for 12 years and she even has Maddies memories. Jean being motherly to Cable isnt something I find weird, its natural given the history between the two. To the contrary, I find it weird that Jean seems somewhat nonchalant when Cable died when she used to have flashbacks of her raising Nathan when she sees Cable in a near death situation lol

Rachel is a bit more complicated because she's from another timeline and both of them were adults when they first met. Their relationship was rocky at first, understandably so, but I think their issues has been resolved so while I dont think Rachel has the same bond to Jean like Cable does, I think it make sense that Jean will have maternal feelings towards her. Same with Nate
    She wasnt nonchalant when he died. She was pissed and vowed to find out who murdered him and make that person pay. That emotion was quenched when she learned that Cable killed himself and she became affectionate towards the teen version who is only a few years removed from she was forced to leave him. From that point, grieving older Cable became less of an issue bc she still had him around, albeit at a younger age, but he wasnt truly gone. We saw an insight into her head in terms of Cable's death in the Exterminated issue when she helped Hope through her grief
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-25-2020 at 09:44 AM.

BANNED

Its the same Cable, just younger. I think Cable#3 or 4 confirmed that

BANNED

Yeah. I guess its just because of Extermination moving so fast that they dont have much time to focus on Cable's death, or saving Rachel

I also forgot that Exterminated exist.
    Last edited by MkDiz; 11-25-2020 at 09:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    she had some cute panels, that's about it

I don't know if this was discussed yet, but
    How does everyone feel that Jean has to be the mother of people she did not give birth to (because she did not get pregnant in this timeline that I know of) but we know they are her children from another future / time?
    There is a lot of forcing for her fit this role, like get Cale to be a teenager again. For some reason Rachel is always neglected

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean and Scott looked really hot in today's issues. They exuded a lot of sexiness together.

I've read the last three issues and I loved them. I don't see much to be negative about. It will be very interesting to see where Jean ends up next: back to X-force, a new team (like Sword), a regular in Hickman's book, etc. I was happy with all the shake ups to the status quo.

As for Jean's family.. listen I don't want to have to say this more than once so read carefully. Family is more than just biology. The fact that Jean did not give birth to Cable does not mean she is not his mother. Take this from those of us that have adoptive family members, adoptive parents, step-parents, etc. Maddie is the bio/birth mother but his real mother is Jean (due to the fact that she cared for him in the X-factor years and reared him with Scott when they went into the future - a future they spent 12 years).

My fav era is the Morrison era for many reasons including the fact the time lost kids were out of the picture and Scott and Jean felt like young people again. But things change. We will always have the Morrison Era and we'll always have X-men Red where Jean was devoid of Scott and Logan. In this current era there are themes about family and relationships. Jean will be close to Cable, Rachel, Scott, and Wolverine - and Emma too.

I'm very happy Jean is no longer tied to the QC, I wanted her to be more of a wildcard than a spectator, here is hoping they will have her do some cool stuff as well in the future
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by MkDiz View Post
    But I dont know why many are so confused of Jean's and Cables relationship when adoption and step parents exists in the real world.
    I suppose you are right in this, it is obvious that she adopted this Cable as her son, but this still seems a bit strange to me (I don't want to say forced), I guess I have to get used to seeing her in this role ...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I'm very happy Jean is no longer tied to the QC, I wanted her to be more of a wildcard than a spectator, here is hoping they will have her do some cool stuff as well in the future
    Yep. I felt it was kind of limiting. It was nice she was included for a time but now it opens up more possibilities. The only thing it takes away is being cameo queen in other books when the Council pops up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I suppose you are right in this, it is obvious that she adopted this Cable as her son, but this still seems a bit strange to me (I don't want to say forced), I guess I have to get used to seeing her in this role ...
    it is kinda of funny that Wanda had kids and they rarely puts her in the mother role, and it should be important for her beause of House of M.
    But that might b for the best, Wanda solo rocked hard

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean and Scott looked really hot in today's issues. They exuded a lot of sexiness together.
    They were. I made a post about it in there thread. For all the hate Hickman has recieved (and Scott in terms of Jean), Hickman wrote Jean leading the X-men here with Scott backing her up. The two were absolutely awesome together

BANNED

Its strange and thats why I like it lol

I dont want a family show either. I want action and superhero stuff. To be honest I think it would be better if we got Old Man Cable, Jean wouldnt be stuck in the mother role and it would be cool to see her, Rachel and Cable team up in missions. Plus Cable being awkward because hes older than his parents. But hey, they want teenage Cable so Jean and Cyke can have a more normal family so thats cool too I guess

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They were. I made a post about it in there thread. For all the hate Hickman has recieved (and Scott in terms of Jean), Hickman wrote Jean leading the X-men here with Scott backing her up. The two were absolutely awesome together
    To be fair she needs Scott approval to lead

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    To be fair she needs Scott approval to lead
    He's the Captain Commander. Its literally his only role of power on Krakoa and his duty during times of war. The fact that he stepped back and let Jean take the lead spoke volumes

Jean and Scott are gonna have a role in Reign of X

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's the Captain Commander. Its literally his only role of power on Krakoa and his duty during times of war. The fact that he stepped back and let Jean take the lead spoke volumes

Jean and Scott are gonna have a role in Reign of X

Well I don't agree with the role and with jean being submissive to him. It's bad, we are in 2020