Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

How? Culturally? Is a Ginger Dude from Sweden living in America is a minority
    Are you kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    I may be wrong here but didn’t they say in X-men 7 that suicide is not an acceptable reason to be resurrected? Wasn’t that the whole point of the crucible? To prevent the depowered mutants from flooding the system and creating an even longer delay in the resurrection process? I think based on the rules they established, Wind Dancer is banned from resurrection. I mean obviously she will come back anyway but it seems we got a bit of a plot hole here
    Seems a lot more like it was in the specific context of that exact time.

This particular instance might not be "Apple..."/"Apple..."

Never mind how The Crucible fit into a bigger picture that we now know has changed pretty fundamentally.

BANNED

I may be wrong here but didn’t they say in X-men 7 that suicide is not an acceptable reason to be resurrected? Wasn’t that the whole point of the crucible? To prevent the depowered mutants from flooding the system and creating an even longer delay in the resurrection process? I think based on the rules they established, Wind Dancer is banned from resurrection. I mean obviously she will come back anyway but it seems we got a bit of a plot hole here
    I think there is something going on with Mojoworld like they are slaving mutants, so she might get ressurrected eventually

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I think there is something going on with Mojoworld like they are slaving mutants, so she might get ressurrected eventually
    Just gonna with mind control I gave up on narrative consistency halfway through the filler event

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

How? Wasn't it stated only if they killed themselves solely for their powers coming back? Did Sofia kill herself for her powers? If not then I don't see how its a plot hole.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    How? Wasn't it stated only if they killed themselves solely for their powers coming back? Did Sofia kill herself for her powers? If not then I don't see how its a plot hole.
    Cause she totally killed herself to get her powers back lol I mean this was also done by mojo too of course (he sent the evidence not shatterstar think about it) for the clicks bu yeah she killed herself so she could get her fancy upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    If she comes back... rember the ressurection rules
    She’ll be back as a male.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

No. They were concerned that depowered mutants would choose suicide as a method of regaining their powers and noted that if all of the millions of depowered mutants did so at around the same time it could overwhelm the Five, so Apocalypse offered the Crucible as an alternative. It was never stated that a mutant who commits suicide to regain their powers would not be resurrected.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    No. They were concerned that depowered mutants would choose suicide as a method of regaining their powers and noted that if all of the millions of depowered mutants did so at around the same time it could overwhelm the Five, so Apocalypse offered the Crucible as an alternative. It was never stated that a mutant who commits suicide to regain their powers would not be resurrected.
    The requirement of the crucible implies a penalty against suicide. Otherwise why would anyone do the crucible over a painless suicide. Just because they did not directly state the rule, it’s clear there must have been some edict saying you can’t use suicide. Apocalypse even says a person who kills himself is not worthy to be reborn. You can’t make system like the crucible and then also say “but instead of being beaten to death you can choose euthanasia. That doesn’t make sense.

BANNED

Just like to also point out that I don’t expect it to make sense I am just noticing the plot hole. Plot holes happen in group written projects all the time

Just like to also point out that I don’t expect it to make sense I am just noticing the plot hole. Plot holes happen in group written projects all the time
    There is no plot hole.

You are just trying to say that an "Apple..."/"Orange..." situation is an "Apple..."/"Apple..." situation, and folks are pointing that reality out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    There is no plot hole.

You are just trying to say that an "Apple..."/"Orange..." situation is an "Apple..."/"Apple..." situation, and folks are pointing that reality out.
    There absolutely is a plot hole you are just choosing to ignore it

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The Crucible is basically just a queued suicide by Apocalypse. The only penalties for committing suicide to regain powers via resurrection implied by the text are that it is culturally frowned upon.

There absolutely is a plot hole you are just choosing to ignore it
    No. There obviously is not.

The situation you are trying to say will be governed by The Crucible has nothing to do with it.

"Apple..."/"Orange..."