Page 1275 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2757751175122512651271127212731274127512761277127812791285 ... LastLast
Results 19,111 to 19,125 of 19298
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    kevin thorn was kind of dull as a wreestler and ariel came across as a low rent slutty elvira wannabe (she actually appeared on tv to be the next elvira), she could have worked as a valet but kevin thorn was a charisma killer who later became mordecai with the same moveset ,i would liken him to nxt dexter lumis who's equally boring.

good raw overall, loved that the fiend is still going after orton.
    Mordecai came 1st and was dropped by the company months in due to an arrest possibly in 2003 or 2004. 2 years later he was given the vampire character. Its been said Thorn was supposed to lead a stable with Gangrel and someone else. But the WWE was kinda stupid and after firing Martinez they never did anything else.

But Thorn now sells real estate ....and if you want a bad ass real estate agent you call Kevin Thorn...

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well thank you. I enjoy your opinions as well.

Remember when I said Okada carried AJ to some great matches during his early New Japan run and even pointed out the spots that it happened? And I got roasted? (I wasn't saying AJ was bad, just overrated).
    i do remember that, good times.

Or when I said Cesaro/Claudio Castagnoli was a genius when he went to NXT and would kill his heat by rolling into super technical headlocks and hammerlocks to kill the momentum he was getting? And it made they other guy look great? (You agreed with me on that one).

The best way I can put it is that FTR are like that. They are the Okada and Cesaro of tag team wrestling. Or dare I say, a bit like the Hart Foundation meets the Road Warriors but without the flamboyant flair of either. Just the work-rate of them.

They have a good knack for accentuating what makes a person and a team tick. They will work their old-school, 80's influenced, fundamentally sound tag team matches to such precision in order to keep the heat on them and their opponents. And they know when to quash something to make the other team look strong. It is a nice change of pace from all the high flying spot monkey-fests that is all over the tag scene right now. It is always great to have a nice mixture in tag team wrestling especially since we get that in singles pretty much everywhere now.

FTR also act like those old-school meat and potatoes heels who do it the good old fashioned way. The flash come from the crispness of their movements. Without being flashy, they still wrestle a crowd pleasing style mostly focused on showing off how good they are. And will always bring out the best parts of their opponents. This simultaneously appeals to the older Internet mark's desire for certain qualities from "the good ol' days" as well the younger Internet mark's penchant for spot monkey-fests. They provide a good balance. FTR is easy to hate but also have that blue-collar workmanship that translate well to face work.

In summary, FTR helped revitalize tag team wrestling by reinventing the craft with a master-class of tandem offense. These two easily teased and angered crowds with their 80's heel tactics, always being able to get a reaction. They rarely look out of sync. The biggest point I think is that FTR do not have anything less than a stellar reputation from their peers. They aired some grievances when they got canned but expressed appreciation and gratefulness for their opportunity. Cody, Omega, and others have already said they are working with the younger people in the back, trying to make everyone better. Hunter and others were openly sad to see them go.

I don't know if that helps. I would dig up some matches to point out some spots of all this but all their stuff is pretty much on a network.
    it all makes sense but for me in order for all that to work i need some reason to want to see them wrestle. perhaps i could appreciate all the little things they do if i wasn't underwhelmed by everything else they do.

meant to say i thought the bucks vs omega/page was better than ftr vs bucks. imo the ftr/bucks match tried to cram too much story into the match.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Reigns vs Drew was some epic clash of the titans ****. No real build but Roman continues to prove he's next level and Drew has never looked better.

Finally Sasha getting her due holding on to that title and winning big matches. Let's keep this up.

I agree with Graves about one thing "I luv everything about Bianca Bel Air." Girl stepped up and did the effin thing proving she could roll with the big girls like Jax and Shayna. And R. Truth has to be the most consistently funny comedy act in WWE history also a hell of a wrestler. Enjoyed this event.
    about sasha's win, the way it happened i was wondering if they couldn't have put her over a little stronger considering it wasn't long ago aska made her tap out 2 nights in a row. then as if they were reading my mind commentary said the win wasn't very decisive but it's still a win. i'm actually surprised sasha fans aren't complaining about that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

about sasha's win, the way it happened i was wondering if they couldn't have put her over a little stronger considering it wasn't long ago aska made her tap out 2 nights in a row. then as if they were reading my mind commentary said the win wasn't very decisive but it's still a win. i'm actually surprised sasha fans aren't complaining about that.
    Honestly I was just surprised to see Sasha beat Asuka clean in a big back and forth match. Yeah it wasn't a dominant beat down but then-Asuka has never gotten squashed or anything close. So it was still a good win.

Honestly I was just surprised to see Sasha beat Asuka clean in a big back and forth match. Yeah it wasn't a dominant beat down but then-Asuka has never gotten squashed or anything close. So it was still a good win.
    didn't have to be a dominant beat down, squash or anything close to that to be decisive, in fact just NOT having the commentary point out the lack of decisiveness would've probably been enough. imo sasha winning via her finish would've been ideal.

soooooo, i thought butcher & blade vs pac & fenix was better than ftr vs butcher & blade and at the very least showed that ftr aren't some miracle workers for getting a decent match out of B&B.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    didn't have to be a dominant beat down, squash or anything close to that to be decisive, in fact just NOT having the commentary point out the lack of decisiveness would've probably been enough. imo sasha winning via her finish would've been ideal.

soooooo, i thought butcher & blade vs pac & fenix was better than ftr vs butcher & blade and at the very least showed that ftr aren't some miracle workers for getting a decent match out of B&B.
    Yeah the commentators do seem to always underrate/under cut Sasha for whatever reason. Like she hasn't already proven she's a great wrestler. Having Sasha make Asuka tap would've been crazy. Hopefully next match whenever that will be.

Incredible Member

i'm thinking braun neing suspended indefinitely for just 1 small headbutt is an excuse for him to put on a mask and join retribution to add some needed muscle to that stable.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

i'm thinking braun neing suspended indefinitely for just 1 small headbutt is an excuse for him to put on a mask and join retribution to add some needed muscle to that stable.
    Imagine going from world champion to be the muscle to a jobber stable. What a hard fall.

Incredible Member

the funny thing is that while smackdown is lacking in serious main event challengers , raw is currently loaded with them. braun has to drop down to midcard, adding him to retribution might make them more credible.

Yeah the commentators do seem to always underrate/under cut Sasha for whatever reason. Like she hasn't already proven she's a great wrestler. Having Sasha make Asuka tap would've been crazy. Hopefully next match whenever that will be.
    I think it was valid for the announcers to paint Sasha as a bit of an underdog, considering Asuka has always beaten her one on one. If anything it highlights the accomplishment Sasha made in finally beating her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it was valid for the announcers to paint Sasha as a bit of an underdog, considering Asuka has always beaten her one on one. If anything it highlights the accomplishment Sasha made in finally beating her.
    Yeah but it seems like with anyone she wrestles. Even with Io Shari. And Io is great but Beth was acting like Sasha hasn't been Champ and been on the main roster 5 years. It's like damn...

Or it could be a way for Braun to spend time with his family over the holidays and then get a big pop when he returns at the Royal Rumble.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Or it could be a way for Braun to spend time with his family over the holidays and then get a big pop when he returns at the Royal Rumble.
    Or the reports of getting hurt at Survivor Series are true and will take a few weeks off to heal.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    it was valid to point out the win wasn't decisive as well(especially considering how soundly aska defeated sasha a few months ago), but it certainly didn't do sasha any favors.
    regardless of validity, some things are better left unsaid.

Ultimate Member

Speaking of Sasha, she got like 30 seconds last night. And while it was cool, she’s barely got any screen time on SD as champion.

That needs to change.

I recently looked over the list of people who held the Impact Wrestling World title(2007-present) and I have to say that the lineage is kinda impressive, if not underrated.