Page 583 of 613 FirstFirst ... 83483533573579580581582583584585586587593 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,745 of 9190

^This is exactly why her divinity has never been more than suggested in the last 45 years.

When Marvel gets around to actually defining her mother's culture, and their actual history and ability, their connection to the Bright Lady, maybe then we can circle back to what's up with her own divinity. I'd spend twelve issues just exploring the basics.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    ^This is exactly why her divinity has never been more than suggested in the last 45 years.

When Marvel gets around to actually defining her mother's culture, and their actual history and ability, their connection to the Bright Lady, maybe then we can circle back to what's up with her own divinity. I'd spend twelve issues just exploring the basics.
    well coates has put forth the foundation from which her divinity can begin to be explored but with what I've seen from the xoffices it doesn't seem that would be happening anytime soon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Lmao it's always funny when Bast calls her a pretend goddess.
    I can't find the issue but I believe Thor said Ororo was concerned a DemiGoddess in Asgard.

Ororo could be a AvatarGodling.

I believe Hercules called her a fake goddess too. characters been shading her throughout the mu for years now lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Lmao it's always funny when Bast calls her a pretend goddess.
    I can't find the issue but I believe Thor said Ororo was concerned a DemiGoddess in Asgard.

Ororo could be a Avatar-Godling.
    That makes the most sense given what we know. But since all known gods are powered to some extent by belief and drawn from the elder gods, I'd say goddess/demigoddess works just as well. I'm still convinced Storm's godhead is just a piece of Oshtur's power lodged within her soul/body and passed down from mother to daughter. An artificial god-gene in the form of a mystical blessing. Similar to how Sinister is a mutant even though he just inserted an X-gene into his DNA.

Storm's omega-level mutant powers (which may also be hereditary) focus and amplify those powers, which are the ability to produce and control divine white magic from within herself. These abilities have ascended to godhood levels through the belief people have in her. Mankind's thoughts are themselves laced with divinity and the immense awe people have in Ororo's presence along with her ancestry allows her to become a goddess in her own right.

In certain ways she's not that different from Bast lol so in hindsight she looks like she's just hating. The only difference between them is Bast ascended through direct descent from an Elder God and the worship of early Wakandans during an unwinnable war. Storm ascended through the worship of villagers unable to provide for themselves, which caused her innate divinity to be activated.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That makes the most sense given what we know. But since all known gods are powered to some extent by belief and drawn from the elder gods, I'd say goddess/demigoddess works just as well. I'm still convinced Storm's godhead is just a piece of Oshtur's power lodged within her soul/body and passed down from mother to daughter. An artificial god-gene in the form of a mystical blessing. Similar to how Sinister is a mutant even though he just inserted an X-gene into his DNA.

Storm's omega-level mutant powers (which may also be hereditary) focus and amplify those powers, which are the ability to produce and control divine white magic from within herself. These abilities have ascended to godhood levels through the belief people have in her. Mankind's thoughts are themselves laced with divinity and the immense awe people have in Ororo's presence along with her ancestry allows her to become a goddess in her own right.

In certain ways she's not that different from Bast lol so in hindsight she looks like she's just hating. The only difference between them is Bast ascended through direct descent from an Elder God and the worship of early Wakandans during an unwinnable war. Storm ascended through the worship of villagers unable to provide for themselves, which caused her innate divinity to be activated.
    But have we really seen Bast using her full powers? We don't know how powerful she is.

Again, I compare her to Crom. You can pray to her but she's likely to tell you if you can't help your f*cking self why should I help you?

When she actually sees you doing something to help yourself, then she's likely to step in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    But have we really seen Bast using her full powers? We don't know how powerful she is.

Again, I compare her to Crom. You can pray to her but she's likely to tell you if you can't help your f*cking self why should I help you?

When she actually sees you doing something to help yourself, then she's likely to step in.
    I really mean the same in terms of origin not power lol. Most in this thread probably disagree but I think Bast is comfortably more powerful than Storm. Recent portrayals haven't shown that, but Bast is a war goddess and the chief deity to millions of ultra-religious people. You're right Bast isn't an active god, she's a damn cat lol.

I think she cares about her worshippers, but insofar as they're willing to give her praise, hence why she and the Orisha left Wakanda Prime for Intergalactic Wakanda. There's a certain level of coldness and greed that comes with godhood that I don't think Storm will ever accept because she's a people person. That might explain why Bast kinda looks down on Ororo. Storm could definitely be more powerful than she is and just lounge around all day in godly luxury, but she'd never ignore humanity the way Bast tends to do 99% of the time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    From your lips to the writers and the Editorials.

Most of us here believe that she is a goddess of Balance and Life, including the domain of the sky and air. I still believe that they are building her up to a goddess because a Goddess has powers over several domains, they have so far just one or two. I believe when we reach the magical number 3 we will see her fully-fledged godlike power.

Actually, most of the Storm fans are quite intrigued by her godhood. I personally hope she gets as powerful as Thor without a magic hammer, so she can put him in his place, but hey that just me and perhaps I want Thor's fans to be put in place since they've been so offending towards Storm. We had a few people here, who didn't like Storm being a Goddess but all of them mysteriously disappeared shortly after their posts.
    She's already more powerful than Thor with the hammer.

Just a country praying to her she defeated one of the top hell lords in marvel.

Other ppl who aren't from Wakanda are acknowledging her godhood.
    Storm doesn't even need people to actively pray to her. As shown when she first activated her godhood she used their hopes in her. The databook basically said as long as you believe in her that amplifies her powers.

Which means Storm outclasses Thor in power except stats. Which haven't been shown yet. It stated Storm should have unlimited strength like Hulk or Mephisto.
    Last edited by KLY360; 11-29-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post

Storm doesn't even need people to actively pray to her. As shown when she first activated her godhood she used their hopes in her. The databook basically said as long as you believe in her that amplifies her powers.

Which means Storm outclasses Thor in power except stats. Which haven't been shown yet. It stated Storm should have unlimited strength like Hulk or Mephisto.
    where did you see it say she should have unlimited strength like hulk or mephisto? ru referring to her willpower?

BANNED

What stated that Ororo should have unlimited strength like Hulk or Mephisto?!?

What?

And Storm should have unlimited strength too, like the Hulk? The madder she gets the stronger she gets(and turn a darker shade of green)?

Fantastic Member

I think this is an interesting discussion. I personally would like to see Storm be somewhat unique in her description as a goddess which leads to her confusing classification. Storm is the merging point of mutant, magic, and god power. In her is all three. I feel like this merging manifestation could be deeply explored in a solo. (I think this could also explain why Storm is often sought after by villainous men. Not only is she incredibly beautiful and regal but they also can sense the immense power within her).

Hints
    Mutant Power - Passed down from latent mutant David Munroe.
    Magic Power - Inherited from N'Dare.
    Goddess Power - Storm could actually be the reincarnation/connected to a goddess of life that wanted to be more in tune with human experience. Therefore, she gave up her godhood to experience life as a human being, however, because of her divinity, power continues to seek her out (mutant and magic) and try to remind her of her past glory. This desire for human experience is the reason that Storm has basically walked all forms of life, from thief, orphan, queen, etc. Other gods, however, resent her because of how willing she was to give up her godhood; an act they see as ultimately irresponsible. Some, more hostile towards her, often refer to her as a fake god etc. The situation in Coates book reawakens her goddess form but perhaps as a punishment for her decision, she can never fully live in those powers (at least not in her mortal form), yet she has the ability to call upon these powers when necessary and transcend her mortal limitations - like she did in Rogue Storm for example. It would also explain why nature favors her and why she can wrestle control away from other gods like Trion. Also, because of her closer connection with the human experience, she is at her most powerful whenever she is empowered by human belief.
    Last edited by Sdawg; 11-29-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    I think this is an interesting discussion. I personally would like to see Storm be somewhat unique in her description as a goddess which leads to her confusing classification. Storm is the merging point of mutant, magic, and god power. In her is all three. I feel like this merging manifestation could be deeply explored in a solo. (I think this could also explain why Storm is often sought after by villainous men. Not only is she incredibly beautiful and regal but they also can sense the immense power within her).

Hints
    Mutant Power - Passed down from latent mutant David Munroe.
    Magic Power - Inherited from N'Dare.
    Goddess Power - Storm could actually be the reincarnation/connected to a goddess of life that wanted to be more in tune with human experience. Therefore, she gave up her godhood to experience life as a human being, however, because of her divinity power continues to seek her out (mutant and magic) and try to remind her of her past glory. This desire is the reason that Storm has basically walked all froms of life, from thief, orphan, queen, etc. Other gods, however, resent her because of how willing she was to give up her godhood an act they see as ultimately irresponsible. Some, more hostile towards her, often refer to her as a fake god etc. The situation in Coates book reawakens her goddess form but perhaps as a punishment for her decision, she can never fully live in those powers (at least not in her mortal form), yet she has the ability to call upon these powers when necessary and transcend her mortal limitations. Like she did in Rogue Storm for example. It would also explain why nature favors her and why she can wrestle control away from other gods like Trion. Also, because of her closer connection with the human experience, she is at her most powerful whenever she is empowered by human belief.
    Well damn, can we just send this to print.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Then you need to do an OGN. Just like Goldie Vance and Black AF America's Sweetheart. BOTH have trouble staying in stock at my comic book store.
    I'd like to see Marvel revive some of their imprint lines similar to DC's Black Label and do books in different formats.

The OGN sounds like a good kickstarter to an ongoing.

Incredible Member

Screenshot 2020-11-29 at 9.28.09 PM - Edited.jpg

Here it said Wakanda gods have immeasurable strength which is what I meant. Not unlimited. I made comparison beings have Mephisto and Hulk are stated to have immeasurable strength.