Page 584 of 613 FirstFirst ... 84484534574580581582583584585586587588594 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 9190
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What?

And Storm should have unlimited strength too, like the Hulk? The madder she gets the stronger she gets(and turn a darker shade of green)?
    I posted above

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Attachment 102722

Here it said Wakanda gods have immeasurable strength which is what I meant. Not unlimited. I made comparison beings have Mephisto and Hulk are stated to have immeasurable strength.
    Do you mean immeasurable power?

I'm not too keen immeasurable power without having some kind of constraints but definitely don't want her to have immeasurable strength. Her powers are already at the top of the scales

BANNED

Attachment 102722

Here it said Wakanda gods have immeasurable strength which is what I meant. Not unlimited. I made comparison beings have Mephisto and Hulk are stated to have immeasurable strength.
    But, Ororo is not Wakandan.
    Last edited by Micabe; 11-29-2020 at 11:32 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    But, Ororo is not Wakandan.
    She's a Wakanda Goddess now. The very scan says it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

She's a Wakanda Goddess now. The very scan says it.
    yes indeed. being of a particular faith dies not require the believer or diety to presume in one nation. you can look to the major religions such as the abrahamic ones for proof if this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/earth-atmos...corona-1338611

I'mma need to see Storm fly to the moon and make it rain now!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And Scott and Jean already got a home there for her to visit. LOL

The article also makes me think of the FF issue where she was gathering the hydrogen molecules in space.
    This is exactly what happens in my solo, Storm ascends into space as her powers follow her and she travels to the moon at light speed and says hi to Jean and Cyclops through the dome

And that video clip was very educational thank you!
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 11-30-2020 at 04:43 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thank the Goddess the actual XM writers already have their plans laid out for Storm's upcoming development arc.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I was just rereading destruction and you can really see the shame on the wakandians faces as Storm walks away. Looking at that panel of her and wolverine i could just imagine what they felt seeing her come in with her face and body that battered returning the sword. That panel was so powerful.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thank the Goddess the actual XM writers already have their plans laid out for Storm's upcoming development arc.
    That’s because they have been talking to Coates to try and figure what the Gameplan is.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yeah i for one can't wait. I don't think there has every been a time when the X-men have been this free. I mean att he end of the day because of the Krakoa situation Xavier basically told Scott, Jean and them to go live because the mutant situation is now a Krakoan problem, not one for the X-men. Like these stories could be anything. I'm really imagining while the X-men are in space they may be suprised to see exactly what they return to with reign of X. It feels like certain x-men are strategically being set up off earth or going off earth and the seeds have been planted since the 1st few issues of new mutants.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah i for one can't wait. I don't think there has every been a time when the X-men have been this free. I mean att he end of the day because of the Krakoa situation Xavier basically told Scott, Jean and them to go live because the mutant situation is now a Krakoan problem, not one for the X-men. Like these stories could be anything. I'm really imagining while the X-men are in space they may be suprised to see exactly what they return to with reign of X. It feels like certain x-men are strategically being set up off earth or going off earth and the seeds have been planted since the 1st few issues of new mutants.
    Me too.
    I love X-Men in Space stories and it's been forever and an age that we got Ororo in space doing things.
    Personally at this point I'm so over the whole Goddess/notGoddess debate, just give me a good Storm story. I really don't need Storm (or any of my other faves) to be the Be-All and End-All.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    That’s because they have been talking to Coates to try and figure what the Gameplan is.
    The way Coates writes monthly comics is entirely out of touch with what the current era of X-Men is about. He tends to write 10+ issue arcs with expansive supporting casts that more often than not are several months behind what the rest of the MU is doing. He gets some leeway with his writing of BP and Steve because they (like most prominent Avengers) always exist out of synch with their ensemble appearances due to their solos. His runs are just more insular than normal and make less references to stuff happening outside his books.

But in a time where the X-books are all about synergy and making sure there's a sense of continuity month to month, Coates can't keep up. He'd have Storm in Kenya for half the year struggling to accept her godhead while in Marauders she's liberating Nigerian mutants with not a peep about her struggles. If he gets a Storm solo it'll probably be after Hickman is done with his story and when the X-office gets more lax about continuity.

BANNED

Oop shots Fired!!! Lol

Don’t mind me I’m just being silly
    Last edited by Mah_Boons; 11-30-2020 at 11:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The way Coates writes monthly comics is entirely out of touch with what the current era of X-Men is about. He tends to write 10+ issue arcs with expansive supporting casts that more often than not are several months behind what the rest of the MU is doing. He gets some leeway with his writing of BP and Steve because they (like most prominent Avengers) always exist out of synch with their ensemble appearances due to their solos. His runs are just more insular than normal and make less references to stuff happening outside his books.

But in a time where the X-books are all about synergy and making sure there's a sense of continuity month to month, Coates can't keep up. He'd have Storm in Kenya for half the year struggling to accept her godhead while in Marauders she's liberating Nigerian mutants with not a peep about her struggles. If he gets a Storm solo it'll probably be after Hickman is done with his story and when the X-office gets more lax about continuity.
    LOL that is true. However Coates did roll his BP story into current X-Men continuity. With this HUGE break he was given regarding BP I wouldn’t be surprised if he went back and tweaked a few things from his story to line up with what the X-men are doing. After all Coates does have control over Storm more than the X-Office Gerry Duggan confirmed that in a interview recently.

That is not what Duggan said. He said he didn't want to conflict too much with what Coates was doing, which is why he didn't have Storm go punk/mohawk again, as was his intent for her Marauders début. It's professional courtesy since Coates started his story first(or an excuse to sideline Ororo for Emma/Shaw/Kitty), not saying Coates has ultimate authority on the character. And that's from over a year ago. Obviously Vita had no such compulsions.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!