Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Oh it's easy, first : round 2 vs Finn, first round ended on a kinda weird (and not even shown, what the hell?) dive into a trash compactor. Pretty sure she wants to settle the score. Second, the mystery. What is she about? Does she like strawberry? Or is she more team blueberry? Why the unique armor? Is she a special snowflake?

Which is also something cool with Finn, what direction are they going to take with him? Many possibilities.

But Rey and the masked menace? Well, good, grey or bad, Luke side or lackey of the emperor wannabe, i'm already bored.
    all of your questions will be answered in spinoff novels and comic books. the movie? i guess she will have 2 more minutes of screen time since it has been a major complain that she was so underused in TFA despite the heavy marketing and diversity/empowerment claims
    Last edited by abulafia; 10-11-2017 at 03:14 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    all of your questions will be answered in spinoff novels and comic books.
    Phasma's backstory was told in the novel Phasma, which explains where she came from, how she joined the First Order, where her armor came from, the origin of the spear weapon she has in the trailer and what makes her tick (put it this way, if you've only seen the movie, you don't know the character at all). Her escape from the compactor is told in the comic miniseries Captain Phasma.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    the movie? i guess she will have 2 more minutes of screen time since it has been a major complain that she was so underused in TFA despite the heavy marketing and diversity/empowerment claims
    We'll see. I think she'll have a bigger role. Why else devote two tie-ins to her? (Okay, maybe the character is one of the few things they can write about without spoiling the movie, but still). If nothing else, we'll at least get a good fight between her and Finn.

(I'm really starting to think that the trailer is a huge misdirection through and through. Why would they spoil so many plot twists ahead of the game?)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Why would they spoil so many plot twists ahead of the game?
    That's pretty common sadly nowadays with trailers.

Phasma could also be a Mace Windu-style character, or like Arnold's character in the Expendables series, in the sense that there's a small part with no action really in the first movie, but the character is given more to do in the following episodes.

I'm curious as to how the First Order evolves a bit in the decades. In some of the new EU it seems to be mainly founded by Rae Sloane and Hux's father; but it's clear by TFA that Snoke is in command....so what happened to Sloane?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'm really starting to think that the trailer is a huge misdirection through and through. Why would they spoil so many plot twists ahead of the game?
    I agree, plus there's also this new thing of putting scenes in trailers that aren't actually in the film itself.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I don't think Luke will die in this film or the next. If they want to set the tone for something truly new, there's got to be a mentor figure who lives long enough to pass on some real (and continuing) wisdom to his or her protégés. Plus, Mark Hamill is constantly improving as an actor, and you don't want to waste that. Han is already dead. I don't think they would have killed Leia, but I'm not sure how they'll handle Carrie Fisher's passing. I think we'll see some great things from her in this film.
    Clearly Leia will go away with Mia at the end of the movie.

I doubt they'll kill her off given she died in real life. There's no way Leia is actually killed in that scene we see in the trailer, they don't have the balls to do something like that...unless that was always the plan from the beginning. But even then I could see them getting antsy over such a thing given real life.

Kylo kills Leia and he'll be the most hated villain in Star Wars.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Phasma could also be a Mace Windu-style character, or like Arnold's character in the Expendables series, in the sense that there's a small part with no action really in the first movie, but the character is given more to do in the following episodes.

I'm curious as to how the First Order evolves a bit in the decades. In some of the new EU it seems to be mainly founded by Rae Sloane and Hux's father; but it's clear by TFA that Snoke is in command....so what happened to Sloane?
    Sloane was alive and in an important military position in the First Order in the Phasma novel, set within six years of TFA and during Snoke's reign.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Sounds about right. In that scene in the cave, he says to Rey "This won't end like you think it will". That's probably what will happen. She will leave his training and go to Kylo, who takes her to Snoke.

I really hope they reveal who Snoke is in this movie though. I don't want to have to wait for the next movie to reveal it.
    Turns out he's 1992 Dracula.

Mystery Solved

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Sounds about right. In that scene in the cave, he says to Rey "This won't end like you think it will". That's probably what will happen. She will leave his training and go to Kylo, who takes her to Snoke.

I really hope they reveal who Snoke is in this movie though. I don't want to have to wait for the next movie to reveal it.
    My theory is that Ezra from rebels turned evil and killed everyone else, then went into the unknown regions where some creatures worshipped him as a diety, and thus, Snoke was born.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Turns out he's 1992 Dracula.

Mystery Solved
    Funny because they have had Count Dracula actors in Star Wars, Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Dude really? Straight down to calling me a racist cause for once, just for once, i would like to have a main character who doesn't use a lightsaber?

Having a bad day or something? Wanna talk about it?
    Finn heard screams of people when planets blew up like Obi-Wan Kenobi heard screams from the destruction of Alderaan in episode 4. He is force sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Finn heard screams of people when planets blew up like Obi-Wan Kenobi heard screams from the destruction of Alderaan in episode 4. He is force sensitive.
    ... can I have what you're on?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    ... can I have what you're on?
    He's not on anything, just attentive to the movie.��

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Maybe. It's never clear what he's hearing and the canonical tie-ins that cover that bit state that he wasn't hearing anything through the Force (apparently they chalked up the voices he was hearing to the reaction of his fellow bystanders seeing it).

Personally, I also wonder why the First Order would leave Finn as a normal trooper cadet if he was Force-sensitive (and since Force-sensitivity can be measured through blood tests, I don't see how they wouldn't know that). Wouldn't he have been shuffled off into the Knights of Ren if he had the genetics to bend spoons?