Page 10 of 93 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDemon View Post
    Barring a miracle, I doubt we make Issue #12.
    Sales are low.
    121 New Warriors 6 $3.99 Marvel 18,156
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...4/2014-06.html

I just started reading this, I hope that they don't cancel the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    Sales are low. http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...4/2014-06.html

I want the book to continue as well. I will be picking up multiple copies each month to do my small part in supporting the book. $20 a month is not too much for me to spend in supporting my favorite team.

"Keep the War Alive Initiative: Purchase at least one extra copy of New Warriors each month and give it to a friend."

Agreed. It's recommended to pick up a copy and try to get a co-worker or friend to begin reading it by giving them a copy!
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    Sales are low. http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...4/2014-06.html

I believe the book is done at issue 12. There was a post somewhere on CBR listing all the stuff Marvel in cancelling, NW was on the list unfortunately

BANNED

I think the under 20,000 sales mark is the death knell for many series, especially when it is so new to have fallen so hard. It is a shame too, I feel if they would have went with a majority of the original characters it would have been more impactful (even though most are dead...).

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    I think the under 20,000 sales mark is the death knell for many series, especially when it is so new to have fallen so hard. It is a shame too, I feel if they would have went with a majority of the original characters it would have been more impactful (even though most are dead...).
    I don't know. I think people who like the New Warriors, just seem to care that Speedball is there. And that it has a good writer and artist. This book has everything, every New Warriors fan, could want for it to succeed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbly View Post
    Whatever Water Snake's history, and whether she is Namorita or not, will be good to discover.
    The real question is whether or not she's the Nita Rich saved from the timestream in Nova, or if she's some form of reimbodiment of the "original" Nita. If the former, something is seriously wrong, given that "timestream" nita was still Caucasian/blonde.

Amazing Member

The real question is whether or not she's the Nita Rich saved from the timestream in Nova, or if she's some form of reimbodiment of the "original" Nita. If the former, something is seriously wrong, given that "timestream" nita was still Caucasian/blonde.
    I'm hoping that it's some form of the latter. The idea of a character being reembodied or reincarnated in some way is an interesting one and something that could spin off a few tales - of course, thats assuming we get chance to read them.

I just wish that everyone who is a fan of New Warriors and isn't picking up the current title because x or y isn't in it would pick a few issues just to give the current team a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I don't know. I think people who like the New Warriors, just seem to care that Speedball is there. And that it has a good writer and artist. This book has everything, every New Warriors fan, could want for it to succeed.
    True. Wherever Speedball goes, I shall follow.

Also, true. This is a great rendition of the Warriors that we are fortunate to have. Great writing, great art.

I would like to see the rest of the old gang back together again though. Especially Night Thrasher. Man, Rider trapped in Cancerverse, possibly dead. Thrasher not resurrected yet after 9 years. The new book already in cancellation discussions. The breaks never come easy when you are a New Warriors fan...

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    I believe the book is done at issue 12. There was a post somewhere on CBR listing all the stuff Marvel in cancelling, NW was on the list unfortunately
    hey chachi any idea where the the post was i would be interested in reading it.
    Truth is the best policy

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speedball View Post
    True. Wherever Speedball goes, I shall follow. Also, true. This is a great rendition of the Warriors that we are fortunate to have. Great writing, great art.
    That's loyalty, kudos. I've lost count of the number of times I've read or heard from people that picked up the trades for Scarlet Spider, Yost's previous book, and had their skepticism and assumptions kicked into touch.

The breaks never come easy when you are a New Warriors fan...
    Or a Scarlet Spider fan...

I am hoping it's not Namorita - because, I want to see what happened to the time displaced one. It could be Nita, since she was pretty much a clone - so what's to say it's not recloned Nita - and that she's adapted to her blue skin (Kymera) version.

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbly View Post
    I just wish that everyone who is a fan of New Warriors and isn't picking up the current title because x or y isn't in it would pick a few issues just to give the current team a chance.
    Amen.

Also, true. This is a great rendition of the Warriors that we are fortunate to have. Great writing, great art.

I would like to see the rest of the old gang back together again though. Especially Night Thrasher. Man, Rider trapped in Cancerverse, possibly dead. Thrasher not resurrected yet after 9 years. The new book already in cancellation discussions. The breaks never come easy when you are a New Warriors fan...
    And a very well written and drawn Speedball, this time around too!

And Night Thrasher, I am okay with him being dead. (It's not that I didn't like him). I'd like to see his (half) brother, take up the mantle (the only thing I liked about the "X-Mutants New Warriors" volume of The New Warriors). As for Rich, as long as Sam is around, I don't know if we will see Rich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Totally agree, it is a quality title.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Argh, so I guess this book won't have a #13?

I bought the original back in the day, I miss Night Thrasher, Nova, Silhouette, and Namorita. Glad that Speedball is back, I hated Penance, I guess they did that to rough up the character? This new team was cool and I love Chris Yost work (he wrote Avengers Earths Mightiest Hero's).

I am loving this title so much. It has so much of what made the original run so great. I hope that it's not cancelled at #12. Marvel has tried several times to make a teen superhero team work, but just hasn't got it right. So frustrating. I'm doing what I can to help out. I pre-order and buy extra copies at the LCS. Here's to more issues!