Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Conan: Returning to Marvel

“From Barry Windsor-Smith to John Buscema to Neal Adams, a legendary lineup of amazing artists brought Conan to life in the pages of Marvel comics,” said C.B. Cebulski, Editor-in-Chief of Marvel. “It’s a legacy we’re now going to live up to with the talent we have lined up for the Cimmerian barbarian’s homecoming in early 2019. We’re excited!”

Source: https://news.marvel.com/comics/82990...eturns-marvel/

Man, Dark Horse is fucked now. Dunno how to feel about this...

What else does Dark Horse publish? I know Marvel already took Star Wars off them too but they still have a bunch of other licenses don't they?

And I see it says 2019, so DH do have a year to clear out their inventory. That's more than Archie got when they lost the Sonic rights.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post

“From Barry Windsor-Smith to John Buscema to Neal Adams, a legendary lineup of amazing artists brought Conan to life in the pages of Marvel comics,” said C.B. Cebulski, Editor-in-Chief of Marvel. “It’s a legacy we’re now going to live up to with the talent we have lined up for the Cimmerian barbarian’s homecoming in early 2019. We’re excited!”

Source: https://news.marvel.com/comics/82990...eturns-marvel/

Man, Dark Horse is fucked now. Dunno how to feel about this...
    I can see Esad Ribic being given this. IMO Marvel needs to beef up their roster of artists esp when they acquire more IPs like this.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-12-2018 at 11:33 AM.

BANNED

Rathomon or I walk

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

I have never thought that Marvel will have Conan books again after a so long time. These are a very unexpected news.

This is kind of funny given DC just did their own Conan crossover with Wonder Woman .
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I can see Esad Ribic being given this.
    I was just thinking I could see Jason Aaron writing this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I can see Esad Ribic being given this.
    Yeah, he will be the right choice for a Conan book after the likes of John and Sal Buscema and Barry Windsor-Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is kind of funny given DC just did their own Conan crossover with Wonder Woman .
    Good point! If you want that crossover, grab it while you can, because DC can't sell the trades after this year!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What else does Dark Horse publish? I know Marvel already took Star Wars off them too but they still have a bunch of other licenses don't they?

And I see it says 2019, so DH do have a year to clear out their inventory. That's more than Archie got when they lost the Sonic rights.
    They took Star Wars, and with Disney buying Fox, it's entirely possible they'll nab Aliens, Predator, maybe Avatar (when the absolute Madman James finishes 2). Dark Horse will be left with Hellboy and whatever video-game they snag for a mini.AFAIK, Halo, Mass Effect, Witcher, all have stopped. With Conan gone, things ain't looking that good.

Gail Simone? She's doing work for Marvel again. And she did write said Conan/Wonder Woman crossover.

If he does let's hope he doesn't go with the bleakness of The Goddamned! (Actually that would be awesome but I don't think it would happen.)

P.S. The two cover teases are very interesting. The Ribic one, well he was born to paint Conan. The Deodato one has Thor and Logan in support!
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 01-12-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Gail Simone? She's doing work for Marvel again. And she did write said Conan/Wonder Woman crossover.
    Synergies are always unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    They took Star Wars, and with Disney buying Fox, it's entirely possible they'll nab Aliens, Predator, maybe Avatar (when the absolute Madman James finishes 2). Dark Horse will be left with Hellboy and whatever video-game they snag for a mini.AFAIK, Halo, Mass Effect, Witcher, all have stopped. With Conan gone, things ain't looking that good.
    Dark Horse should partner with Universal and take their Dark Universe plans and establish them as comics.

Wolfman, Van Helsing, Dracula, The Creature, The Thing, Monster Squad, The Invisible Man, Jekyl and Hyde, The Mummy, The Monster (Frankenstien), etc.

Those would be awesome.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Completely unexpected.

Sure feel bad for Dark Horse, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Dark Horse should partner with Universal and take their Dark Universe plans and establish them as comics.

Wolfman, Van Helsing, Dracula, The Creature, The Thing, Monster Squad, The Invisible Man, Jekyl and Hyde, The Mummy, The Monster (Frankenstien), etc.

Those would be awesome.
    Dark Universe has been scrapped though, and considering these are all public domain characters, there's really no need for a partnership. I guess Dark Horse could try something like it, but the loss of Star Wars, now Conan and probably Alien/Predator is too much.

1515781201977.jpg