Page 2296 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 129617962196224622862292229322942295229622972298229923002306 ... LastLast
Results 34,426 to 34,440 of 35047
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Wait? What? So he says if you want quality you need to basically finance him?

That's not how this work. That's not how anything works.

You provide a level of quality and people become patrons based on the presumption that at minimum you will maintain the quality shown in your proof of concept, and hope you improve.

That's how the artist/patron system has basically ALWAYS worked.

If he wants to discuss black excellence and the arts this dude really needs to read a book about the Harlem Renaissance or something.
    Dumb I know he's absolutely foolish for asking something that ridiculous and doesn't get it business is a cut throat world you have to be very smart about what you do. I don't think he planned his initial book launches well considering the art he had.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    That stuff I have no problem with. I'm more thinking about how are you going to write self help books about relationships when you haven't had one in almost two decades? How are you telling men how protect themselves from women in the workplace when it was a man who fired you and you haven't had a job in years? How can you complain about what's wrong with certain comics when you don't read them?
    THere's always doing your research when it comes to these matters yet he turns around and preaches about experience how dumb can he be? He even once praised Christopher Priest for speaking about how you can write if you commit yourself to conducting adequate research. I don't understand how this guys swing wildly from this to that so quickly.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

That stuff I have no problem with. I'm more thinking about how are you going to write self help books about relationships when you haven't had one in almost two decades? How are you telling men how protect themselves from women in the workplace when it was a man who fired you and you haven't had a job in years? How can you complain about what's wrong with certain comics when you don't read them?
    LOL. I don't know that much about his life. Are you Pusha T? Cause you're critiques of him cut quite a bit deeper than anything I can muster.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Dragon Ball FighterZ is coming to Switch.

Homophobes are already mad about The Last of Us Part II.

Invincible Member

LOL. I don't know that much about his life. Are you Pusha T? Cause you're critiques of him cut quite a bit deeper than anything I can muster.
    Ha Ha. He used to talk about his life more in his older videos, usually as a prelude to slamming some other demographic. Thing is I stumbled on his videos and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I did at first respect that he was able to self publish his e-novels and he would say reasonable things in the abstract about having diverse voices in comics and supporting black talent. But the more I watched his vids, the more I starting seeing the problematic and contradictory stuff. Then the more delusional stuff started to stick out more and more...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Homophobes are already mad about The Last of Us Part II.

If anything, this is a case that feels far less shoehorned for political brownie points than others. The DLC from the 1st game established Ellie’s orientation LONG ago. So the romance seems par the course (to me, anyways).

Ultimate Member

Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-12-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    If anything, this is a case that feels far less shoehorned for political brownie points than others. The DLC from the 1st game established Ellie’s orientation LONG ago. So the romance seems par the course (to me, anyways).
    Plus, even in the vanilla game aside from Ellie and your brother the only characters you have any real meaningful interaction with are women and a gay man.

Aside from the apocalypse and zombie fighting it was basically like a talky inclusive indie movie. I'm like 90% sure it was written and directed by the Duplass Brothers.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 06-12-2018 at 01:22 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I'm surprised that no characters from ARMS were included, I liked that game a lot, but then again I was late to the party when I got my switch, I just beat Breath of the Wild yesterday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I'm surprised that no characters from ARMS were included, I liked that game a lot, but then again I was late to the party when I got my switch, I just beat Breath of the Wild yesterday.
    There's bound to be a few more surprise entries...

Man...

While I don't want to egg this on, that guy does cut that hard on people he has never even met. Let alone watched their videos for perspective before slicing and dicing.

Jeez... Yeah.

While essentially his whole "What's with you?" argument hinged on people taking issue with not having read his work, his entire bit is largely based on capping on titles he isn't even reading.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 06-12-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Ultimate Member

Ha Ha. He used to talk about his life more in his older videos, usually as a prelude to slamming some other demographic. Thing is I stumbled on his videos and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I did at first respect that he was able to self publish his e-novels and he would say reasonable things in the abstract about having diverse voices in comics and supporting black talent. But the more I watched his vids, the more I starting seeing the problematic and contradictory stuff. Then the more delusional stuff started to stick out more and more...
    I stumbled on his videos and there was stuff that I actually used for a presentation for school to students back in 2009. Some of it I had to look up Texas data because he used New York data.

At least back then you could give him the benefit of the doubt. Like the covers-the reason he wants money for it was because some of his earlier ones got bashed on a badcovers website. In another blog he did reveal that a lot of his books had a large number of white fans despite having black leads. Which proves the point white folks are willing to read stuff about us. Even if it's self published.

I would say it wasn't until around 2014 that his attitude got a little worst and in 2016-it was out of control. It's like he forgot about all the stuff he has said in the past.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While essentially his whole "What's with you?" argument hinged on people taking issue with not having read his work, his entire bit is largely based on capping on titles he isn't even reading.
    No one is required to read nor buy his books. That is a reality all writers need to understand. Same with art-I can't get mad if more folks look at other art than mine or if I draw the Teen Titans and it gets more views than my original stuff-it happens.

You just have to be HUMBLE for what you get.

Sniffing around Amazon...

The Legendary Mad Matilda Kindle Edition

#11 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Girls & Women
    #538 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
    #1094 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction

E'steem: Deadly D'lilah Kindle Edition
    #141 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Literature & Fiction
    #150 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Fantasy
    #179 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > African American > Urban

Yeah they are free reads with Kindle unlimited-that is actually very good on the Mad Matilda. As it's the only book with a black girl lead in that list.

Xavier Woods is going to be a guest character in super bomberman r

https://realotakugamer.com/xavier-wo...er-bomberman-r