Page 4354 of 4395 FirstFirst ... 335438544254430443444350435143524353435443554356435743584364 ... LastLast
Results 65,296 to 65,310 of 65921

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Incredible Member

Meh.WWE pulled it because stickers 'suggested' they pull it

Fact of the matter is no one cares about Warriors statements.At least not enough to start a social media firestorm about it.

The Moolah decision,however,came at a time were people where already sensitive about people who aduse their power to commit sexual assault thanks to the Metoo movement.So there was a lot more pressure.
    Last edited by Baseman; 07-05-2018 at 06:14 PM.

some interesting developments in impact with LAX

ohhh a civil war. i think konehead is a better fit for the old school LAX and kingston better with EYFBO, but still should be fun.

also joe hendry debuted.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    some interesting developments in impact with LAX

ohhh a civil war. i think konehead is a better fit for the old school LAX and kingston better with EYFBO, but still should be fun.

also joe hendry debuted.
    A couple years ago in an older Cornette shoot he discussed Homicide and how Dixie liked him. She even wanted him to be TNA World Champion at one point. But he was limited as it was brought up. He couldn't speak English and couldn't cut a promo. Also he needed good workers to help him in ring. So they all backstage talked her outta that idea.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    A couple years ago in an older Cornette shoot he discussed Homicide and how Dixie liked him. She even wanted him to be TNA World Champion at one point. But he was limited as it was brought up. He couldn't speak English and couldn't cut a promo. Also he needed good workers to help him in ring. So they all backstage talked her outta that idea.
    not surprising there's some misinformation in there considering corny is the source. 1st homicide speaks english, he has a thick new york/puerto rican accent but it's english he speaks, see his shoot interviews for proof. 2nd this makes it sound like he needs to be carried or isn't a good worker. injuries and years of wear and tear have slowed him down but c'mon, RoH wouldn't put the title on a guy that couldn't work or needed to be carried. homicide's body of work in RoH alone kills slapnuts entire career, so yeah i think he was good enough in the ring.
    i believe homicide was the RoH champion while corny was there.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-06-2018 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    not surprising there's some misinformation in there considering corny is the source. 1st homicide speaks english, he has a thick new york/puerto rican accent but it's english he speaks, see his shoot interviews for proof. 2nd this makes it sound like he needs to be carried or isn't a good worker. injuries and years of wear and tear have slowed him down but c'mon, RoH wouldn't put the title on a guy that couldn't work or needed to be carried. homicide's body of work in RoH alone kills slapnuts entire career, so yeah i think he was good enough in the ring.
    i believe homicide was the RoH champion while corny was there.

I meant Herandez....no clue why I thought Homicide...lol. I must have been half asleep there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I meant Herandez....no clue why I thought Homicide...lol. I must have been half asleep there.
    That actually makes a little more sense.

I recall TnA back in the day really pushing Hernandez. I'm not sure he was ready to be THE guy... but clearly looked like at one point they wanted him to be a main eventer. But Homicide always seemed like a mid-carder to me. Not that I disliked his worked, but they never booked him like he was a top guy, to my recollection.

Wasn't HOmicidee the guy that was supposed to win that cage match by climbing out of that ridiculous cage with the dome in it, but he couldn't climb out of it?

Here is something unique and lost to history. Also a weird WHAT IF......the XWF from 2001. The company that Hogan and Jimmy Hart created. This one actually has a lot of weird ideas and only time you'd see Jerry Lawler and Tony Shiavone call a match together !

Sadly they never could get this on TV.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Any CBR members going to the Cow Palace Show tomorrow?
    Kenny vs Cody!

I would love to make it if the Bay City wasn’t so many thousands of miles away.

I did see a WWF show there long long ago, with Warrior, Hart Foundation etc. ...maybe ‘89 (Will Clark played for the Giants, Matt Williams was crushing homers and they still played in windy Candlestick - i.e. I also took in a giants series) I don’t remember exactly as I was a wee little lad but the building felt like a piece of wrestling history even back then, big and old and really perfect for sweaty giants beating on one another.

I have been checking out some of Matt Riddle’s matches lately, that Bro can go!
    I hadn’t seen him since his MMA days but he has really taken to the squared circle and has a terrific style, can really work. And what a freak athlete. I am thinking his drug of choice is much more beneficial to a long lasting career than what’s taken down many of the stars from the 80s and 90s.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Any CBR members going to the Cow Palace Show tomorrow?
    Kenny vs Cody!

I would love to make it if the Bay City wasn’t so many thousands of miles away.

I did see a WWF show there long long ago, with Warrior, Hart Foundation etc. ...maybe ‘89 (Will Clark played for the Giants, Matt Williams was crushing homers and they still played in windy Candlestick - i.e. I also took in a giants series) I don’t remember exactly as I was a wee little lad but the building felt like a piece of wrestling history even back then, big and old and really perfect for sweaty giants beating on one another.

I have been checking out some of Matt Riddle’s matches lately, that Bro can go!
    I hadn’t seen him since his MMA days but he has really taken to the squared circle and has a terrific style, can really work. And what a freak athlete. I am thinking his drug of choice is much more beneficial to a long lasting career than what’s taken down many of the stars from the 80s and 90s.
    i'm in houston so i gotta settle for AXS tv.

AXS is going live on this one, correct? With JR and Barnett?
    I prefer the Don Callis calls on NJPW world, but if AXS is offering it for free then good ol’ JR will do just fine.

Bay Area sensation Jeff Cobb gets a shot at Goto on the undercard, that should be a lot of hard hitting fun.

Juice Robinson getting a title shot, that kid is going to break through big time soon.

Plus Sabre, Okada, Naito, Young Bucks all on the show - and here in the states which is very cool. I hope casual fans that normally wouldn’t tune in to New Japan check it out. Healthy competition makes the overall business/sport better.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    AXS is going live on this one, correct? With JR and Barnett?
    I prefer the Don Callis calls on NJPW world, but if AXS is offering it for free then good ol’ JR will do just fine.

Bay Area sensation Jeff Cobb gets a shot at Goto on the undercard, that should be a lot of hard hitting fun.

Juice Robinson getting a title shot, that kid is going to break through big time soon.

Plus Sabre, Okada, Naito, Young Bucks all on the show - and here in the states which is very cool. I hope casual fans that normally wouldn’t tune in to New Japan check it out. Healthy competition makes the overall business/sport better.
    just so long as JR is on his game.

the last few G1 specials really didn't do JR any favors. i still love the guy. he just wasn't on top of things as he should have been.

Yep, he hasn’t really got a full grasp of the roster, longstanding storylines or how they connect and get over yet.
    That is understandable since he and Josh basically do voice over work after the fact from a studio and aren’t really doing it full time, or with the crowd heat behind them.
    I heard he was going to be there early and spend time with the guys in person for a few days before the show to help him get better immersed in things which should help his calls.

I am not trying to take anything away from JR as I believe his run in the attitude era is as strong and good as it gets. He is on the Mt Rushmore wrassling announce team IMO.

But yes, his New Japan work could use some improvement. I have a feeling he is going to do good, committed work tomorrow night and that having Kenny and Cody in the main will lend itself to his strengths.

I was recently alerted to the fact that Schiavone is doing MLW.
    Tony and JR still doing their thing, it’s like I never grew up....which isn’t all that inaccurate.

So in his podcast , Steve Austin said that in WCW he did refuse to put someone over and it was Erik Watts back in 1991/1992.

- Austin claims he had been on the road and had worked some great barn burner matches against Steamboat and Sting during this time. He had worked some nice broadway matches against them as well. So one day behind the scenes Grizzly Smith who worked backstage for the company came to him and said , we want you to put over Erik Watts.

- Steve says he was like , No ...I don't think so Grizzly. Which surprised Grizzly who was like why not ? Austin explained , I just came off some great matches against Sting and Steamboat. I looked really good in those and now you want me to put over Erik Watts who has only been in business 6 months ? No sorry I can't do that. Austin explained that at times you have to know your business , your money and how to stand up for yourself or you'll get done this way.

- So in the end he got told to go speak to Dusty a couple days later who questioned Austin on it. Dusty told him he nearly got himself fired for refusing to put over Erik Watts. But as Steve claimed , well its how I feel and all. But he wasn't fired and things went on.

due to tdub dealing with family troubles, i'm sitting in with matty jay for this week's wrestle-cast.

https://www.twitch.tv/rvtentertainment

So Dave Penzer discussed the XWF about the company above that never happened. Penzer joked .."If a company shoots 5 episodes of great TV and it never airs...did it really exist ?"

- Penzer had a hand in booking the promotion as well and his plans they detailed was for the following...

Vampiro : They were gonna build Vampiro as the big star of the company and give him a huge push. He was gonna be the top star from what they had planned. Would it have worked ? He's not sure but that was the plan. Curt Henning vs Vampiro was gonna be the 1st big program they'd run.

AJ Styles : Was seen as a future star and would have gotten a nice big push as well. They viewed him as a future star in the making.

Road Warriors vs Nasty Boys : They would have been the 2nd big feud as far as tag teams go.

So as Penzer claims things started to go comically wrong right from the start. Jerry Lawler came to the 1st taping and told the guys , well WWE wants me back so can you let me outta the contract. So he got hired back and soon the WWE started rehiring nearly everyone. Hogan , Piper , Lawler and a few others all went back. So by the time they had edited all 5 episodes , walked into cable executive meetings to pitch the show it didn't go well.

Because the executives were like , hey there's Hulk Hogan ! "Oh well I'm afraid to say he's now back at WWE..." so this would continue with Piper and others. Finally one executive told them , you want us to approve a show that you don't have half the stars your showing us in these episodes ?

The XWF did however exist for awhile and there was an invasion angle ran in WWC in Puerto Rico. But it kinda failed because it didn't have the stars that fans had seen in the 5 episodes that had been spliced into WWC show in the weeks leading to the invasion angle.