Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 41 Preview

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/exc...ider-man-41-1/

looks fun, looking forward next week, glad the vermin clones eating people underground would draw attention from atleast Spidey

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, I am definitely looking forward to finally finding out what Kingpin wants so badly from Boomerang.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Those flashback panels...are they actual re-used art? I honestly can't tell.

I am sick to death of clones. hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Those flashback panels...are they actual re-used art? I honestly can't tell.
    It's a minor thing, but that's been really tripping me up about this run, moreso than any other in recent memory has a BUTTLOAD of recapping and flashbacks at the beginning of nearly every issue, sometimes in the same arc. I guess it does help the issues be able to stand alone a bit more, but reading all at once makes it much more repetitive, and the credits page, for the most part, is really all you need for recapping anyway. Just a weird stylistic choice they decided to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It's a minor thing, but that's been really tripping me up about this run, moreso than any other in recent memory has a BUTTLOAD of recapping and flashbacks at the beginning of nearly every issue, sometimes in the same arc. I guess it does help the issues be able to stand alone a bit more, but reading all at once makes it much more repetitive, and the credits page, for the most part, is really all you need for recapping anyway. Just a weird stylistic choice they decided to go with.
    Maybe Nick Spencer is just that old school. I think it's prevalent in a few of his titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Nick Spencer is just that old school. I think it's prevalent in a few of his titles.
    That's the style of comic that Spencer likes. Every issue is someone's first. I for one appreciate that the writer includes that in each issue.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    That's the style of comic that Spencer likes. Every issue is someone's first. I for one appreciate that the writer includes that in each issue.
    Same. You could literally give it to anyone and they could get a rough idea of whats going on and frankly considering the state of the industry it might help a bit if more writers did it.

I kinda want Boomerang to stick around as a Spiderman ally. Freds never really been a big enough deal to have fans demanding he go back to be a villain (ala Ock) and he can be a kinda flaky, good-at-heart-but-a-massive-loser kind of "hero" like Booster Gold started off as.

Yeah I know he killed Jackpot, but no one actually cares about her and we can retcon that with ease.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Same. This is one of the aspects I really enjoy about Spencer's run. It gives it a bit of an old-school flavor.

BANNED

Also Spencer's approach in his run on ASM is juggling multiple story arcs at once, tossing a thread, then moving somewhere, and then coming back.

I think a lot of people would have legitimately forgotten the Boomerang/Kingpin thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Also Spencer's approach in his run on ASM is juggling multiple story arcs at once, tossing a thread, then moving somewhere, and then coming back.

I think a lot of people would have legitimately forgotten the Boomerang/Kingpin thing.
    I won’t say I completely forgot but yea no doubt it hasn’t been on my mind. I’m hoping Spencer wraps that story thread up with this arc. Truth be told, I’m just waiting anxiously for the Kindred story to heat up. Anything else at this point just seems like appetizers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

Since I find too many writers spend the first few pages rambling about things that really have nothing to do with any story whatsoever, some rambling that helps bring the reader up to speed is just fine with me.

the syndicate arc ending with that blue balling and only now being explained is pretty strong
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

So Boomerang is Peter's age?

Astonishing Member

Since it still early I wont say any spoilers but man read the issue and it was awesome and ryan art is great athough a bit rushed at times. but yeah you finally get the boomeranges motivations here. and it a 2 page backup for a upcoming storyline that already been solicts involving the lethal legion