Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nothing again on April 8.
    Of course...
    Because you know...forget those people that want to read the comics.

I am furious this is the one Marvel Event I've actually had legit interest in an over 3 years, and I can't read it due to some BS virus that's just getting warmed up!! This is the worst life is already boring ass rightnow I need my comics!
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-07-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Of course...
    Their to scared to make moves.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 04-06-2020 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Edited for vulgar contents

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nothing again on April 8.
    They don't seem to have informed Comixology yet... they're still taking pre-orders for Wednesday's Marvel Comics.

Fantastic Member

This is stupid. Why no new comics? Many people are indoors and kids at home with no new tv shows or sports sooo why not try to do something

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    They don't seem to have informed Comixology yet... they're still taking pre-orders for Wednesday's Marvel Comics.
    I have one at Marvel's shop on pre-order for April 8th. But there is a disclaimer now saying that date could change

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    This is stupid. Why no new comics? Many people are indoors and kids at home with no new tv shows or sports sooo why not try to do something
    Of course...
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I am furious this is the one Marvel Event I've actually had legit interest in an over 3 years, and I can't read it due to some BS virus that's just getting warmed up due to their lack of balls!! This is the worst life is already boring ass rightnow I need my comics!
    Seriously???

If you guys want new comics so much and think digital is so much better than print, then put your money where your mouth is. Let's see if you guys are fearless enough to order 250,000 digital copies of each of the Empyre books, or whatever other new book you feel you are entitled to immediately. Since Marvel isn't "manly" enough to deep six the entire LCBS system, show them how manly you are, by replacing print numbers with digital.

Though I don't think it is manly, or heroic, to put an entire retail business line out of business for a tenth of the money.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-06-2020 at 07:43 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Seriously???

If you guys want new comics so much and think digital is so much better than print, then put your money where your mouth is. Let's see if you guys are fearless enough to order 250,000 digital copies of each of the Empyre books, or whatever other new book you feel you are entitled to immediately. Since Marvel isn't manly enough to deep six the entire LCBS system, show them how manly you are, by replacing print numbers with digital.
    I don't think there are 250,000 of them, and no one has suggested they're interested in buying more than one copy each. Also, why would one order something they know won't be delivered?

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    I don't think there are 250,000 of them, and no one has suggested they're interested in buying more than one copy each. Also, why would one order something they know won't be delivered?

I didn't say they need to buy one copy each -- there aren't that many digital buyers, despite some people acting like there are. If you are complaining about Marvel's cowardliness for not printing these books digitally first, and losing 90% of their income, then they need to be brave enough to make up that difference and buy thousands and thousands of copies.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Look I'm shallow enough to admit IDGAF about the LCS for the time being they can't be helped right now their fucked either way, it is what it is, and facts are facts any money is better than 0, I don't buy physical copies, I just buy digital it's all I care about. And I'm bored and I want my comics and I don't think their's anything wrong with that. Putting out just digital copies as a "temporary" solution when you have no other ideas other than do nothing, isnt gonna tank the industry like some of y'all say. If anything digital sales will be higher than ever before.

It amazes that some of y'all think doing absolutely nothing in the hope's that a situation which only continues to rise in numbers as the days go on, with no near end in sight, is better than just releasing digital. Any money is better than zero that's just buisness sense.

It amazes that some of y'all think doing absolutely nothing in the hope's that a situation which only continues to rise in numbers as the days go on, with no near end in sight, is better than just releasing digital. Any money is better than zero that's just buisness sense.
    There's also the fact that not putting out anything is losing some fans for various reasons. And I have heard from a couple fans that they aren't very keen on supporting LCS anymore after seeing that retailers killed the compromise plan from last week.

Look I'm shallow enough to admit IDGAF about the LCS for the time being they can't be helped right now their fucked either way, it is what it is, and facts are facts any money is better than 0,
    Those aren't facts. That's your opinion. One that completely ignores how the comics industry works. Not publishing digital, according to those LCBS you admit you DGAF about, IS helping them.

I don't buy physical copies, I just buy digital it's all I care about. And I'm bored and I want my comics and I don't think their's anything wrong with that.
    If you're bored, why don't you volunteer at a food bank or Wheels on Meals or an animal shelter or run errands for people that shouldn't be out in the public. If you want to keep it with comics, check with CBLDF or Heroes Initiative and see if there's something you can do for them. Or start looking for your favorite artists and commission them, or join their Patreon, or buy a sketch book. There's tons and tons of comics that are digital, why don't you buy and read some of them? I really don't understand how anyone can be bored -- there's a gazillion things going on with just comics online.

There's nothing wrong with wanting your new comics. Screaming about it, condemning retailers and their employees, posting mis-information, calling the publishers cowards because they aren't instantly gratifying your desire for new comics, however, will probably prompt responses.

Putting out just digital copies as a "temporary" solution when you have no other ideas other than do nothing, isnt gonna tank the industry like some of y'all say. If anything digital sales will be higher than ever before.
    How do you know that? Are you working for Marvel and sit in all the decision making meetings?

Do you retail comics? How do you know what will and what won't tank the industry? I'm going to trust the opinion of people that actually work in the industry, the retailers who have made clear their stance, and the publishers, who are clearly listening to them, then someone who admits he DGAF about anything but getting his new comics immediately.

Look I'm shallow enough to admit IDGAF about the LCS for the time being they can't be helped right now their fucked either way, it is what it is, and facts are facts any money is better than 0, I don't buy physical copies, I just buy digital it's all I care about. And I'm bored and I want my comics and I don't think their's anything wrong with that. Putting out just digital copies as a "temporary" solution when you have no other ideas other than do nothing, isnt gonna tank the industry like some of y'all say. If anything digital sales will be higher than ever before.
    Look — I’ll be honest and admit that I’m a digital reader. So when I argue for the importance of LCS it’s not because of personal affection.

But the fact of the matter is that LCS are more important to Publishers than digital is. To be clear; I think thatÂ’s largely because the publishers have barely done anything to decrease their reliance on LCS despite the fact theyÂ’ve long been vulnerable to crises.

It was always a when, not an if, something would blow up the LCS. And LCS share a good chunk of the responsibility for that; as a whole, theyÂ’re highly averse to change and adaptation.

Regardless of how we got here: no comics publisher currently has a line that could be financially viable without the direct market. You canÂ’t just expect that retailers going belly up wonÂ’t affect you because you read digital. ItÂ’s unrealistic to assume digital readership would increase enough to support all the books that are currently being solicited.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webtoon

I think the loss of physical market would in time see Marvel and DC transition to more of a webtoon format. The way things are now — individual issues with page counts, etc; that’s a reflection of the realities of physical publishing.

I donÂ’t think doing nothing is a good idea, to be clear. I think retailers are being reactionary and myopic in outright rejecting a solution in the vein of comichub. Marvel and the others need to do *something*. But if that something is to just let retailers die, make no mistake, the impact will be felt just as much by digital only readers like you and I.

There's also the fact that not putting out anything is losing some fans for various reasons.
    Again, that is not a fact. That's your opinion. The number of fans 'leaving" probably has more to do with the fact that 10+ million people are unemployed, and more are budgeting in case their finances take a hit.

And I have heard from a couple fans that they aren't very keen on supporting LCS anymore after seeing that retailers killed the compromise plan from last week.
    So, 2 fans don't want to support LCBS because they didn't get their new comics immediately. That's not much of an impact.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-07-2020 at 09:15 AM.