Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I won't watch it unless it gets stellar word of mouth on here, but I'm not watching any of the CW shows as they just don't appeal to me.
    Same. I watched the first....3 maybe?.....seasons of Flash and Arrow, and the first season or two of Legends, and that was it for me. The shows are solid by CW standards, and I hear they're largely successful for the network (I assume they must be, since they keep making more) but they just don't satisfy me.

I do want to give Black Lightning a shot, just because I love the character, but I'm too damn busy. Still haven't finished the Netflix Defenders shows (or Vikings, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, and a dozen others), and those are far more to my tastes than the CW. If I can't find time for Punisher season 2, I don't have time for CW's Lightning.

I wish Batwoman the best, and I do like the character and hope she's successful, but I got no real interest in the show.

Oh, but just in case anyone from the CW is reading this.....I'd find the time to watch every single episode of a Nightwing series. Just sayin.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Same. I watched the first....3 maybe?.....seasons of Flash and Arrow, and the first season or two of Legends, and that was it for me. The shows are solid by CW standards, and I hear they're largely successful for the network (I assume they must be, since they keep making more) but they just don't satisfy me.

I do want to give Black Lightning a shot, just because I love the character, but I'm too damn busy. Still haven't finished the Netflix Defenders shows (or Vikings, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, and a dozen others), and those are far more to my tastes than the CW. If I can't find time for Punisher season 2, I don't have time for CW's Lightning.

I wish Batwoman the best, and I do like the character and hope she's successful, but I got no real interest in the show.

Oh, but just in case anyone from the CW is reading this.....I'd find the time to watch every single episode of a Nightwing series. Just sayin.
    I am honest to god suprised that a Nightwing or Robin series isn't happening on the CW. He fits the CW pretty boy look perfectly, throw in a complicated love life with some good drama and easy to pull off powers/abilities and you have a perfect show for the CW.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I am honest to god suprised that a Nightwing or Robin series isn't happening on the CW. He fits the CW pretty boy look perfectly, throw in a complicated love life with some good drama and easy to pull off powers/abilities and you have a perfect show for the CW.
    He's in Titans already.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    He's in Titans already.
    Yeah I know that. I also think that show is pretty garbage and he has a pretty lame showing in it.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Pfft, it’s the best thing he has going for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Pfft, it’s the best thing he has going for him.
    Then he really is in trouble.

I really hope they have a new writing and editing team for season 2.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Then he really is in trouble.

I really hope they have a new writing and editing team for season 2.
    Hey man, at least Doom Patrol is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hey man, at least Doom Patrol is amazing.
    I know, Doom Patrol is seriously incredible. I love it to death but it doesn't negate how bad Titans is though. Hope Swamp Thing is just as good as Doom Patrol.

My only complaint about Batwoman is her saying "I'm not about to let a man take credit for a woman's work". She literally goes in and takes everything that's Bruce's, like what?
    I think she was referring to the superhero stuff she had just accomplished. She realizes that people think she is Batman because she is using Batman's stuff. So obviously she is going to create a costume that sets her apart.
    That's why the new costume will have a red wig on the cowl. Obviously Batman doesn't wear a wig, so no one will think she is Batman after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I just watched it. Other than the cringy line at the end, it doesn’t look bad. May give it a shot. Can’t be worse than Arrow. it Will probably be good for a couple of seasons and then got to crap like all of the other CW DC shows.
    Supergirl's 4th season was the best yet. Maybe the best of all the CW shows this season. Definitely has the best season finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think she was referring to the superhero stuff she had just accomplished. She realizes that people think she is Batman because she is using Batman's stuff. So obviously she is going to create a costume that sets her apart.
    That's why the new costume will have a red wig on the cowl. Obviously Batman doesn't wear a wig, so no one will think she is Batman after that.

Supergirl's 4th season was the best yet. Maybe the best of all the CW shows this season. Definitely has the best season finale.
    I know the idea of what it's referring to, it's still a dumb line. It's up there with F*** Batman. It's just goofy and melodramatic.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Wait that trailer that got put up for BATWOMAN is the actual show? I thought that was a fake fan thing.

Looks so bad.

ELEGY was so good, all you have to do is adapt it...and not make it for the CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Wait that trailer that got put up for BATWOMAN is the actual show? I thought that was a fake fan thing.

Looks so bad.

ELEGY was so good, all you have to do is adapt it...and not make it for the CW.
    I'm of two minds on that. I'm glad that they're not doing a direct adaptation of Elegy, since it would be very easy to put too much weight on the twist when the twist isn't the point. And I like how they've condensed a wide swath of the mythos down to something reasonable and managable. I just don't like the large changes to Kate's character... but then, they seem to have accounted for those changes.

My largest problem with the trailer is that, regardless of content, it's just a poorly-made trailer. I like much of what's in it, but compare it to, say, the new Nancy Drew trailer; that one is leaps and bounds better, and I don't care about that show or property at all, really.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

So much emphasis on Kate being Batman's family is a detriment, I think. The beauty of her story was a personal journey of recovery using the symbol and strength of the Batman concept. She decides to build herself into a figure like that. A dark defender.

All that is undercut when she's like Bruce Wayne Jr.

It's the CW though, you get what you pay for with it.

So much emphasis on Kate being Batman's family is a detriment, I think. The beauty of her story was a personal journey of recovery using the symbol and strength of the Batman concept. She decides to build herself into a figure like that. A dark defender.
    And that may still happen, just in a roundabout way. The way she talks about him in Elseworlds sounds like it comes from a place of understanding what the job entails, after she's done it a while; here she's less mature about the whole thing, at least at first, than in the comics.

See, I feel like Batgirl would have been a definite fit for the CW. But with the CW style being more chirpy, and Batwoman in the comics brooding and brutal on her enemies, it feels like a Batwoman series could have made more sense on the DCU, and a Titan series may been a good fit for CW's style (just going by what I know of the Teen Titans).

All that is undercut when she's like Bruce Wayne Jr.

It's the CW though, you get what you pay for with it.
    Yeah, they might as well have painted her sleeves and pants green, and toss an R-symbol in the middle of the bat-emblem. The changes so far make her feel closer to a Robin/Batgirl than a standalone (independent) hero. The way she uses a pre-established base and equipment is Robin-like. The part in the trailer where she finds the cave reminds me of end of the Nolan trilogy and that Robin. Plus if she inherited or bought Wayne Tower and all that, didn't Tim get that stuff and start running the business in some 90s comics.

It's okay though, I will most likely enjoy it regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But I think with the CW shows there are imo more complains about the general quality and not only about "SWJ"-stuff.
    Feel, or know? If they are complaining so much it means they must have watched it at some point. I complain about stuff I watch all the time. If I was indifferent I wouldn't bother to complain more than once, then move to stuff I do actually watch.

Look, if the the shows are so unsuccessful then why haven't any of them been cancelled? Arrow is ending, not cancelled. CW doesn't seem like it's struggling. People just like to complain, it's venting about how things could be improved.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 05-24-2019 at 05:15 PM.