Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Catwoman#1 is among the first comics from DC to switch back to matt paper

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...to-matt-paper/
    And yet, the cover price stays at $3.99?

DC really is pushing it when it comes to the new Catwoman series!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And yet, the cover price stays at $3.99?

DC really is pushing it when it comes to the new Catwoman series!
    Indeed they are. They certainly have hootspa lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed they are. They certainly have hootspa lol.
    I'm guessing you mean chutzpah (or "ḥutspâ")?

I'm guessing you mean chutzpah (or "ḥutspâ")?
    Yup, I can never remember how to spell that lol.

BANNED

I'll be getting this for the first arc at least. Art looks pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So give it to #100, and spend a ton more money, to MAYBE get what we were promised would be in #50?

Yeah no, not falling for it again.
    I get being upset (it's not the outcome I preferred), but I don't recall any promises.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I hope this is true. I've never been a Batman fan so all along I've planned on only picking up the issues where Selina was involved in his book after the wedding and picking up Joelle Jones' book monthly as long as it lasts. If the next 50 Batman issues and all of the Catwoman issues are leading them back together I'll be delighted. I think this could even be a more interesting story.
    I'm with you in hoping and obviously (via King) that there's more story to tell when in comes to Batman and Catwoman. I'm intrigued where this is going to go what else they need to go through and "answer" about themselves and each other for a shot a being together.

Part of me likes that it's this complex and complicated, because of the history of these two characters and the wild dynamics of their lives. I trust when King says it's not the end, that it's not and we'll learn more with Jones tales helping flesh that out too.

It's epic and soap opera-y and filled with it's ups and downs and that seems appropriate for the characters of Batman and Catwoman and the medium of serialized storytelling in comics. Here's hoping King can deliver on this in the long run (in his long run), because right now I'm feeling the pain at the loss of the wedding and the potential of them being together - which is probably exactly what I should be feeling and sitting in at this point.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 07-03-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'm with you in hoping and obviously (via King) that there's more story to tell when in comes to Batman and Catwoman. I'm intrigued where this is going to go what else they need to go through and "answer" about themselves and each other for a shot a being together.

Part of me likes that it's this complex and complicated, because of the history of these two characters and the wild dynamics of their lives. I trust when King says it's not the end, that it's not and we'll learn more with Jones tales helping flesh that out too.

It's epic and soap opera-y and filled with it's ups and downs and that seems appropriate for the characters of Batman and Catwoman and the medium of serialized storytelling in comics. Here's hoping King can deliver on this in the long run (in his long run), because right now I'm feeling the pain at the loss of the wedding and the potential of them being together - which is probably exactly what I should be feeling and sitting in at this point.
    But, who cares about that moron King?
    We have plenty of threads about that screw-up.
    This should really be a thread to focus on what Joëlle Jones has in store for Selina.

....This should really be a thread to focus on what Joëlle Jones has in store for Selina.
    I second that. Let's stop derailing this thread (myself included).

Incredible Member

Issue 1 was ... fine? Frankly, it was dull. I was hoping for a new look into Selina's inner life. Instead, she barely felt alive, and as she's on the run without any connections, she once again feels like a blank slate without a clear identity.

I don't know if I will continue to issue 2.

I was very much looking forward to Batman 50 / Catwoman 1, but am pretty disappointed in both.

BANNED

Is the new villain interesting and unique atleast visually for the moment?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Is the new villain interesting and unique atleast visually for the moment?
    In my opinion, no.

This felt like a story that could've been told with ANY superhero character ("Someone is impersonating me and ruining my name") — there was nothing about this book, at least from issue 1, that was distinctively Selina Kyle, other than her visual trappings.

I can't believe I'm saying this, because I really didn't expect it, but this book felt GENERIC.

I hate that that's the case.

BANNED

Aw man, I'll still read it though.

I mean the book was marketed as Selina adjusting to this new status quo and now to find that it was all a lie has completely ruined my enthusiasm for the book. I hope it does well because we need more successful female solos in DC but I personally won’t be buying it.

Best book I’ve read in a long while. Catwoman looks to be in really good hands with this team...can’t wait for the next issue!