Page 75 of 126 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Despite a turnover on downs on their first possession, and a fumble on the second, the Bills have settled into a strong tempo against the 49ers. Josh has 2 TDs, no TOs, 236yds, and 19-23 at halftime (Bills took a FG to go 17-7 before half).

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Bills put Frisco in it's place with a 34-24 walloping of the Niners. One last game for week 13 as 3-8 Dallas faces 6-5 Baltimore tonight. If the Cowboys win, they consign my Eagles to the basement of NFC Least.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

4TD's is great, I still struggle with Buffalo being the third best team in the AFC and 4th best overall. I'm just stuck still on the Texans playoff game last possession where the Bills moved the ball backwards and lost. They're putting up points but that defense is allowing too many as well this season. There best win was vs. the Seahawks but they got throttled by the Tacks and Chefs. They got Steelers, @ Denver, @ Pats and Miami left and I don't see them dusting any of those teams. Bad thing is they are going to pinch somebody off for the Wildcard, specially if the Dolphins keep it movin.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So a couple weeks ago I decided to start playing Madden 20. Which has some nice things involved and featured ...Pat Mahomes on the cover. Mahomes would go on to win Super Bowl that season being on Madden cover. I believe he was the 2nd one to do that (besides Tom Brady one season).

In Franchise player mode your a QB who was benched in college not because you were a bad player. But because a better QB committed to that school (I picked Texas Tech) as a school. The starter goes down that senior season and your asked to win a couple games and National Championship (which I did). Then your up for the scouting combine and it really matters here.

If you go perfect at the Combine in passing drills you will go #1 overall in a shocking move. Because your a guy who only started a couple BIG games and won in college. I went 17/21 I believe at combine and became a late 1st rd pick. Every pick is being made and at 1st it seems like earlier your asked about New York Giants. But then in a shocker my player was drafted by ....Miami Dolphins.

Brian Flores calls and asks if my player is ready to become a Miami Dolphin. You can either make your player a literal ego driven a-hole . Or a team player ala Brady who comes across good. I chose the team guy. Which gave me high rankings for it and helped likely in draft process.

During the game your getting texts from coaches (which really fits in with this era of Covid now unlike the year it came out) , fans and even players. Brady texts to discuss the game against New England where you get XP for beating the defending Super Bowl champions. Brady in a loss gives my player and team props and says he loves competing and will see us again. Demarcus Lawrence of the Cowboys texted me an ego message how he loves sacking QB's and gonna make me pay . (even when I'm nice and text back how its nice to compete against such a great player. Yep...Lawrence is an ass who I shall take pride in ruining soon).

In Preseason before the regular season your asked by coaches to do certain things before they will turn reigns over to you. Like throw for a TD , don't throw an Int or take a sack. (I did so good I didn't throw an Int until the Patriots game...where I threw 2 of them on deep passes). I also didn't take a sack til the final preseason game. By then coach Flores told me I'd be the starter in a text message .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So a couple weeks ago I decided to start playing Madden 20. Which has some nice things involved and featured ...Pat Mahomes on the cover. Mahomes would go on to win Super Bowl that season being on Madden cover. I believe he was the 2nd one to do that (besides Tom Brady one season).

In Franchise player mode your a QB who was benched in college not because you were a bad player. But because a better QB committed to that school (I picked Texas Tech) as a school. The starter goes down that senior season and your asked to win a couple games and National Championship (which I did). Then your up for the scouting combine and it really matters here.

If you go perfect at the Combine in passing drills you will go #1 overall in a shocking move. Because your a guy who only started a couple BIG games and won in college. I went 17/21 I believe at combine and became a late 1st rd pick. Every pick is being made and at 1st it seems like earlier your asked about New York Giants. But then in a shocker my player was drafted by ....Miami Dolphins.

Brian Flores calls and asks if my player is ready to become a Miami Dolphin. You can either make your player a literal ego driven a-hole . Or a team player ala Brady who comes across good. I chose the team guy. Which gave me high rankings for it and helped likely in draft process.

During the game your getting texts from coaches (which really fits in with this era of Covid now unlike the year it came out) , fans and even players. Brady texts to discuss the game against New England where you get XP for beating the defending Super Bowl champions. Brady in a loss gives my player and team props and says he loves competing and will see us again. Demarcus Lawrence of the Cowboys texted me an ego message how he loves sacking QB's and gonna make me pay . (even when I'm nice and text back how its nice to compete against such a great player. Yep...Lawrence is an ass who I shall take pride in ruining soon).

In Preseason before the regular season your asked by coaches to do certain things before they will turn reigns over to you. Like throw for a TD , don't throw an Int or take a sack. (I did so good I didn't throw an Int until the Patriots game...where I threw 2 of them on deep passes). I also didn't take a sack til the final preseason game. By then coach Flores told me I'd be the starter in a text message .
    That is the one thing I miss about not having an Xbox or Playstation and that is The Madden games. Sadly Switch just does not have one.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    That is the one thing I miss about not having an Xbox or Playstation and that is The Madden games. Sadly Switch just does not have one.
    You should be able to find a PS4 or PS4 Pro cheaper now with PS5 coming. Also Madden 20 should be cheap given its a year or 2 old at this point. (The game is actually advertising Madden 21 in it with Lamar Jackson)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

You should be able to find a PS4 or PS4 Pro cheaper now with PS5 coming. Also Madden 20 should be cheap given its a year or 2 old at this point. (The game is actually advertising Madden 21 in it with Lamar Jackson)
    Not really big on getting a PS4. They are not backwards compatible. And they are still over 300 bucks. I am going retroish and getting a Xbox 360 next month. There are tons of games on there that I like. I can get a several year old madden. I dont mind .
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I call them the Washington Team Football. And they just picked Big Ben. With the right play call they can kick a FG and leave Pitt with 20 seconds.

2 minutes later:
    I am not a fan of Snyder and the WTF. But I hate the Stealers, so Yay! WTF!

Pittsburg will not go undefeated. I predict they will lose at .East one more this season.
    The best part for me seeing Larry Csonka on Twitter smoking a cigar and raising a glass with the game on in the background. Not a fins fan here, but that was some epic old man trolling. And as an old school football fan, its nice to see those dudes are still kicking around.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-08-2020 at 10:23 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Well, it’s official: Got an alert from Bleacher Report that rookie QB Jalen Hurts will start on Sunday for the eagles against New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, it’s official: Got an alert from Bleacher Report that rookie QB Jalen Hurts will start on Sunday for the eagles against New Orleans.
    So what happens to Wentz?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Not really big on getting a PS4. They are not backwards compatible. And they are still over 300 bucks. I am going retroish and getting a Xbox 360 next month. There are tons of games on there that I like. I can get a several year old madden. I dont mind .
    I have an X-Box 360. I did have an X-Box 1 I did get from work that I won for free. But with few new games I never played it barely. I may end up getting one eventually for cheap and playing my X-Box 360 games on it.

The Eagles need something and well , this isn't a good sign for Wentz if Hurts does good.

The Eagles need something and well , this isn't a good sign for Wentz if Hurts does good.
    I’m not expecting anything significant from Hurts, given how solid the Saints’ defense has played. Still, if 2020 continues being insane and Hurts helps the Eagles pull off the upset, the quarterback controversy in this town will ratchet up to DEFCON-5

I think the Eagles just sent up the white flag on the season.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I’m not expecting anything significant from Hurts, given how solid the Saints’ defense has played. Still, if 2020 continues being insane and Hurts helps the Eagles pull off the upset, the quarterback controversy in this town will ratchet up to DEFCON-5
    So no big deal then?

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Alex Smith is so fucking gutsy his win against Pittsburgh already has another story coming out. During the game Smith in his shin took a cleat from a player by accident. He started pouring blood and stayed out there to play before the half so they could tape it up in locker room. Smith acted like it was no big deal and kept going.