Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Shaw owned Shaw Industries which made sentinels and other weapons. In fact is role in creating the sentinel problem is why Emma Frost took him down and had him imprisoned in Utopia.
    I'll amend, then. He's a glorified businessman. Evil businessman.

Magneto did everything he did in the Morrison run do to influence from SUBLIME. So this wasn't Magneto. He was a puppet of another and not pursing his own game.
    That's not how Sublime worked. Nor, is that anywhere in the comics.

Sublime encouraged him to engage in conflicts, but it's not piloting. It's encouragement.

Aaaaand on tha that subject, anyone recollect how long Emma was under Sublime's influence? When does she huff, relative to when Jean cleans her out?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Shaw owned Shaw Industries which made sentinels and other weapons. In fact is role in creating the sentinel problem is why Emma Frost took him down and had him imprisoned in Utopia.

Magneto did everything he did in the Morrison run do to influence from SUBLIME. So this wasn't Magneto. He was a puppet of another and not pursing his own game.
    If writers would be restricted to just using the 'traditional X-Men villains', Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost, Apocalypse, the Imperial Guard etcetera would not even exist, and the majority of Claremont's run wouldn't have happened.

Which was quite hipochritical from her part. She was okay with his Sentinel factories when she was part of the Hellfire Club and got a slice of the government's money pie...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Which was quite hipochritical from her part. She was okay with his Sentinel factories when she was part of the Hellfire Club and got a slice of the government's money pie...
    I don't think Emma Frost was ever part of Shaw Industries, so why would she ever get as much as a penny from that?
    Did she even know what Shaw got up to in his personal time away from the Club?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't think Emma Frost was ever part of Shaw Industries, so why would she ever get as much as a penny from that?
    I find it hard to believe that she didn't know -- her being a telepath and all...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 02-29-2016 at 06:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    I find it hard to believe that she didn't know -- her being a telepath and all...
    This is Emma Frost.
    If she's going to abuse her powers on her colleagues, she's not going to look after something as boring like whatever it is Shaw does with his legal above board companies.

BANNED

This is Emma Frost.
    If she's going to abuse her powers on her colleagues, she's not going to look after something as boring like whatever it is Shaw does with his legal above board companies.
    Oh, come on... Emma had to know that Shaw was building Sentinels with Lang.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Oh, come on... Emma had to know that Shaw was building Sentinels with Lang.
    Let's say she did know...

How was it any more hypocritical of her than of Shaw, also a mutant, himself?
    She was a villain at the time. Villains get to do villainous stuff.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

That would also have been before she survived through Genosha being obliterated by Sentinels, something that may have caused her to change her opinions a bit...

BANNED

Let's say she did know...

How was it any more hypocritical of her than of Shaw, also a mutant, himself?
    She was a villain at the time. Villains get to do villainous stuff.
    Oh, there is no difference...

The way the question was formed it kind of implies that Morrison run was good at some point which it really wasn't. It was a roller coaster of quality as far as I'm concerned. There were some interesting concepts and good ideas in there but overall it was very 'meh' for me as a read and then when you factor in all the negative side effects it had to the X-Men overall it wasn't a very good run at all.

For me it was this issue;
    516nKxSWaQL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    I didn't care for his take on the X-Men from the very start.

BANNED

Oh, Jeanus that cover art has blinded me... Again!

One thing I loved about Grant Morrison's writing, was his ability to juggle multiple telepaths and manage to use creative concepts for the uses of their power. He did more than just "generic psi blasts" that were the norm back then.

I enjoyed the first half of his run more than the second. Loved the concept of the U-men and transpeciesism. Jean was taking over as headmistress and was the "face" of the Xavier school. I wasn't much feeling the Phoenix yet again though. Loved the inclusion of Emma, but wasn't fond of the retcons he did ( hair dye, cosmetic surgery, blaming villainous ways on alcohol and drugs) but I loved her relationship with the Stepford Cuckoos and Angel, her friendship with Hank, and her quick wit.

I also liked the introduction of the X-corporation offices in different parts of the world, run by those long lost mutants in limbo we loved, who we got to see every now and then.

Anyway, his run overall was good, IMO. Some things I didn't like (AoWP), but most of it was good.

Oh yeah, wasn't a fan of Igor Kordy's art here. I know he was rushed and I've seen better from him, but his rushed work is really bad.
    Last edited by Drey; 02-29-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Emma helped Shaw take over the Hellfire Club, and had to have been privy to the Sentinel deals from jump. Fraction's story was full of holes.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!