Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I hope not. Im an Xbox guy lol. But yea if Sony did sale they got a decent catalog I could see Apple or Amazon who are gonna struggle to keep up with Netflix and Disney+ when it drops paying out the nose.
    I actually can see Comcast jumping in to get Sony and its catalog of streaming etc. Because they are working on their own streaming service reportedly. But a big issue is , if anyone has the NBC App that has the On Demand stuff...NBC/Comcast are fucking idiots with it. Like they have commercials airing during it to make a profit. Well they have older seasons of certain shows like Saturday Night Live from 2006 , they have locked behind a paywall deal. (I had 2-3 free previews and saw an American Greed episode).

But yeah this makes me glad they lost 21st Century Fox given how they are running things.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Opening with the music had me cracking up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Sounds like the marks got worked.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Sounds like the marks got worked.
    I doubt it was a wrestling angle. It was more a fact that negotiations was still happening behind the scenes. Also it was damaging Sony's reputation had it dragged on longer and they have plans for spin-off films like Morbius and Venom 2 ahead. Plus Silk , Silver Sable etc. So they didn't want bad press approaching this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I doubt it was a wrestling angle. It was more a fact that negotiations was still happening behind the scenes. Also it was damaging Sony's reputation had it dragged on longer and they have plans for spin-off films like Morbius and Venom 2 ahead. Plus Silk , Silver Sable etc. So they didn't want bad press approaching this.
    Not only Sony's reputation, but I think they even took a bit at the stick market for a bit there. Fair or not, I think Sony definitely was taking a beating in the fall out of the deal breaking down. There was probably a lot of pressure to work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Newsfeeds is reporting it as how all fans are rejoicing about the news when the reality is people have mixed feelings ever since the deal first broke.

Marvels Spiderman just made over a billion. So while there are for sure people like you who hate it. Neither Disney or Sony give two shits. The character is as popular as they can hope for. They arent losing any sleep over the vocal minority who hate "ironlad" Spider-man. Because a vast majority of the target audience dont agree with you in the least.

As far as the quality of the movie that's just your opinion.
    did you not say spiderman 3 was a terrible movie. the movie made more money than any of the mcu spiderman films in 2019. the quality of MCU spiderman speaks for it self. he has had better days.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Newsfeeds is reporting it as how all fans are rejoicing about the news when the reality is people have mixed feelings ever since the deal first broke.

did you not say spiderman 3 was a terrible movie. the movie made more money than any of the mcu spiderman films in 2019. the quality of MCU spiderman speaks for it self. he has had better days.
    Lol yea except Spider-man 3 got horrible reviews across the board and is not well liked. Tom Hollands Spider-Man is insanely well liked and both movies got great reviews. But you and a insignificant number of people hate it therefore somehow it's an issue. That logic is extremely flawed.

And only if you account for inflation which is dumb, there are so many factors that dont get taken into account. It's just a bad way to compare older movies to modern movies. Something as simple as the ticket prices today.

Lol yea except Spider-man 3 got horrible reviews across the board and is not well liked. Tom Hollands Spider-Man is insanely well liked and both movies got great reviews. But you and a insignificant number of people hate it therefore somehow it's an issue. That logic is extremely flawed..
    Spiderman 3 will get the exact same reviews as mcu spiderman if it was in the MCU.

Once you take out the media implanted superficial mcu adoration, Holland spiderman is not well liked. according to the source material, he is the weakest live action spiderman so far.

And only if you account for inflation which is dumb, there are so many factors that dont get taken into account. It's just a bad way to compare older movies to modern movies. Something as simple as the ticket prices today.
    Inflation is not dumb, more importantly, Spiderman 3 did not have the entire backing of a massive disney empire like the MCU. Spiderman 3 was all down to sam raimi, the usual standard for movies that were director driven than manufactured made.

Astonishing Member

Inflation is not dumb, more importantly, Spiderman 3 did not have the entire backing of a massive disney empire like the MCU. Spiderman 3 was all down to sam raimi, the usual standard for movies that were director driven than manufactured made.
    But it was only the third Spider-Man movie and still relatively fresh. When Holland came by it was already the 6th Spidey movie in a span of 15 years. It's surprising the audience still keeps on coming for all these movies. It's no longer fresh and could get stale when Holland exits and there's yet another reboot of Peter Parker. People might start saying BORING when it's the fourth actor.

And I think the fact that Sony is having the MCU make their Spider-Man films for them pretty much speaks for itself. Even Sony thinks marvel can do a better job.

I'm happy, is all.

And even if Spidey is doomed to return to Sony after the next movie, at least Marvel can wrap it up WITHOUT a cliffhanger next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I'm happy, is all.

And even if Spidey is doomed to return to Sony after the next movie, at least Marvel can wrap it up WITHOUT a cliffhanger next time.
    Yeah, I think a bit of closure is exactly what's needed.

I wonder if after 3 MCU solo movies Sony would reboot, or keep using Holland.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I think a bit of closure is exactly what's needed.

I wonder if after 3 MCU solo movies Sony would reboot, or keep using Holland.
    It would be in their best interest to keep Holland to make the mainstream audience believe their crap movies are in the MCU.

Calling it now one more movie and they reboot out of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Calling it now one more movie and they reboot out of the MCU.
    Probaly they're plan for sure. One solo and one team movie or guest appearance and they out.