Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Going Live! Sideways Appreciation Thread!

DEBUT: February 2018

BIO: During the events of DARK NIGHTS: METAL, high school junior Derek James accidentally fell through a rift into the dark matter dimension! Now, as Sideways, he can create rifts in midair to leap through dimensions at will!

Sideways Bio/Villains/Support Cast
    http://www.dccomics.com/master-class-sideways

Sideways #1 Preview
    http://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/434995

I know it's a little early and the character hasn't made his official debut yet, but the preview impressed me enough to start this thread! He seems like a cool character and throughout reading that preview, I couldn't help imagine him interacting with other DC character's (ie Blue Beetle, Beast Boy, Supergirl...etc) or joining the Teen Titans. What do you think?
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I too am very curious about this title. Hos powerset seems pretty fun. I like his character design. The concept intrigues me....

Sideways may very well be the first on-going I purchase from DC since the new 52.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I wonder if he will use his powers similar to how Blink from the X-Men uses hers :

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Yeah, I think there's a strong possibility that he'll use his powers like how Blink does over in Marvel. I'm cool with that since I think she has really cool powers. Plus in the preview he was opening portals and jumping through them

It be cool to see him and Duke meet up and hang out later on. I think they might be good friends.

Sideways is a cool idea with great artwork so i'm interested in checking him out.

Cool, he has his own thread.

I would say other than the obvious and what I've stated about my interest in Sideways, I will say that even the villains highlighted are interesting, I mean one of them seems probably more an antagonist than a villain and the other could be more anti-hero/vigilante instead of a straight up villain. So it's cool to possibly see the different types of individuals Derek will be opposing instead of straight up bad guys.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Thought I'd post it here too since it comes out on Wednesday: Sideways #1 Preview

https://nerdist.com/dc-comics-sidewa...usive-preview/

So we get another preview of issue #1 and I'm loving it! Derek seems really cool and that costume just looks amazing! Art is incredible! Hopefully DC has another hit on their hands (Silencer and Damage were really good). Wish they would have given him a more Hispanic sounding last name though.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Thought I'd post it here too since it comes out on Wednesday: Sideways #1 Preview

So we get another preview of issue #1 and I'm loving it! Derek seems really cool and that costume just looks amazing! Art is incredible! Hopefully DC has another hit on their hands (Silencer and Damage were really good). Wish they would have given him a more Hispanic sounding last name though.
    This is the first New Age title I'm planning to try. Really like that preview. Pretty excited for it.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Fantastic Member

I love the concept, art, and designs for this. Please please please let Rocafort stay on this title and not leave after three issues like other dark matter artists are doing.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this title.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

I will be checking this out, with Rocafort being the biggest selling point.

Plus, I've noticed, I tend to gravitate towards characters with "portal powers".

Let's hope it's good!

BANNED

The preview looks awesome and sideways and furry girlfriends are cutie pies! I'm so buying it (the price helps too)

I was on the fence on this title, but will be picking up Issue 1, at least. These new age of heroes titles have been selling well at MY LCS. Damaged sold out, and there was only 2 copies of Silencer left when I was there, and this was about an hour and half, after he opened for the day.

I saw this preview today in another place and the first look to this comic.... This comic looks interesting..

I know it's a little early and the character hasn't made his official debut yet, but the preview impressed me enough to start this thread! He seems like a cool character and throughout reading that preview, I couldn't help imagine him interacting with other DC character's (ie Blue Beetle, Beast Boy, Supergirl...etc) or joining the Teen Titans. What do you think?
    Is the only comic of New Age of Heroes that I am interested since the begin... I like Plastic Man too but... I am not sure if try to see his comic..

With a good team I think that he can be the best NEW character in New Age of Heroes..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-13-2018 at 09:26 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Looks like fun though at his bare bones he looks like combination of both Ultimate Peter Parker and Mile Morales but he has a unique spin on him with how his powers endanger reality. James might not be his real last name since he is adopted.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he