Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I mainly liked the Asgard/Hela parts of Thor 3 more than the Planet Hulk parts. But it was still a good movie. MoS, BvS and SS were terrible with MoS being the better of the three but not by much. The fighting scenes in MoS saved that movie.

Personally I wouldnt have taken Thor in the direction of the third movie with all its humor but it worked.

Extraordinary Member

All of the Thor movies are head and shoulders above BvS.

Mighty Member

Both Thor and Thor 2 are extremely boring, and not very well made. Thor 3, on the otherhand, is another story. I also hated Iron Man 2 and 3. I'd take SS or BVS over those any day.

Hela, goddess of shrapnel and stalactites.

I guess this thread is suppose to make DCEU fans feel better but...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised people seem to dislike it so much. I thought it was a pretty solid Thor movie (compared to Ragnarok which felt at times like they threw Hercules into a Thor setting and went from there).

It definitely had some predictable plot beats, as origin stories are wont to do, but I think they were executed very well.
    I don't dislike Dark World, but I do like Ragnarok better.

The only DCEU movies I've seen to date are BVS and Wonder Woman; the latter is easily one of the greats of the genre, but I think the former is one of the worst superhero movies I've ever seen (and I saw that extended edition that was supposedly a watchable film).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

As bad as the DCEU has been at times, it hasn't produced something as bad as -- Catwoman.

Thor 3 is the only Thor movie I like, surely you mean Thor 2
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    Thor 3. I had to stop it after 35 mins because it was so bad. Please WB do not turn the DCEU into marvel lite
    If you mean Bad like Michael Jackson did then Yes Thor Ragnarok is Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    As bad as the DCEU has been at times, it hasn't produced something as bad as -- Catwoman.
    I had no comment until this post.

Catwoman was not just bad, it should be banned and stricken from the annals of comic movie-dom for all time. And then for another 10,000 million years.

It was horrendous. The only thing that would have been worse was the sequel.

Niffleheim

Ragnarok and GOTG are the only MCU movies that actually compelled me to watch more than once in the theater. They are my kind of movies i can't wait for more MCU Cosmic comedies movies to be released.
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-07-2018 at 12:07 AM.

Thor is a boring character and any attempt to make a movie true to Thor is going to be boring. There's a reason the best Thor film felt like it could be a Hercules movie.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Iron Man 3 was the worse they built up an interesting enemy for Iron Man and they swap him for someone subpar. Not helping the villain crisis in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Though Killmonger, Loki, and Baron Mordo could be stand outs and maybe the Red Skull who was acted by the celebrated Hugo Weaving. And while some may disagree with me on this Spider-Man: Homecoming that made even non-comic readers cringe due to how unfaithful it was to the source material it was like they wanted to adapt Miles Morales not Peter Parker.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-07-2018 at 12:40 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I liked Thor 3, but I was never in it, the movie had lost me five minutes after its beginning, because of all the stupid joke ("Yes, Thor, we understand, you don't want Surtr to talk to your back. Don't repeat it three times in thirty seconds, please...). It was a problem during rhe whole movie, nothing felt dramatic or important (Thor gets his friends killed and his home destroyed ? He doesn't seem to care very much, and this video point it really well).

Also, the first Thor is definitively a nanar to me (or bordering near nanar territory, depending on how much I've drank before watching it), but I felt it was very poor and badly executed (despite the original idea which was great). And BvS is the best superhero movie out there, only Avengers and Black Panther comes close to its level. Wonder Woman is average on its execution, the only things truly rgeat is the fact that it revolve around a woman and not a man for once.
    Last edited by Korath; 03-07-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Thor 3 was a good movie but a bad adaptation of the character. The fact that this is supposed to be Thor is absolutely insulting. He is supposed to be this epic character, a true god afraid of nothing and speaking wise words and they turned him into a joke, a normal guy with some powers. Seriously, Thor making a joke out of Surtur in the beginning already had me do a facepalm

The DCEU at least tries to stay true to their characters. It doesn't matter if you like it or not, they actually do a effort and even if they fail, it came from a good place. Ragnarok ? There wasn't a ounce of respect to the character of the comics. Hulk was probably one of his best adaptation but Thor ? That was insulting