Page 7 of 117 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Scott and Logan had a somewhat flirty interaction, but from the spoilers I thought it'd be more explicit. The ceremony with Apocalypse seemed a bit odd.
    They made a joke, come on...!

They should have repowered Scanner instead.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

So I guess Krakoa came to be because Moira really liked Midsommar.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I think it's because Wanda used to be a mutant maybe?
    Apparently, being depossessed of your identity is a fate worse than death… They were feared, they were hunted but at least they were special.

I remember Quicksilver's distress… They probably base a bit too much who they are on their powers…
    It's true that they look more and more like the Inhumans with the ceremonies…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    so Krakoa believes in assisted Suicide but not just any assisted suicide in dying peacefully, you have fight for your life. wow. I can see why the other heroes are looking at the X-MEN like WTF. especially reading Chips X-men/FF mini-series, these are not the heroes i looked up to when I was reading in the 90s but at the same time I'm freaking hooked on Hickman X-men and enjoying it. I mean didn't Hickman had Steve and Tony attack each other irrationally while the world was ending in his Avengers Finale.
    I'm going to leave it to that discussion thread BUT there's no way the X-Men are the bad guys in the X/FF mini. No way.

You guys shouldn't look at it from a human perspective. They're immortals with psychic powers that can erase pain and trauma. Of course they're going to make it bloody lol

Astonishing Member

hate to rain on the shippers parade but I might have read it wrong but i thought Scott was inviting Logan to a beach family outing(the summers offspring are gonna be there) with Jean instead of a romantic getaway with Jean, not sure. like i said i might have read it wrong

the scott in a speedo line with logan make a remark could be a joke but yeah, i can see that can be somehthing lol
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 02-26-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm going to leave it to that discussion thread BUT there's no way the X-Men are the bad guys in the X/FF mini. No way.

You guys shouldn't look at it from a human perspective. They're immortals with psychic powers that can erase pain and trauma. Of course they're going to make it bloody lol
    Really? It is one of thepoints of Midsommar movie, a paradise that hides a racist and violent society

hate to rain on the shippers parade but I might have read it wrong but i thought Scott was inviting Logan to a beach family outing(the summers offspring too) with Jean instead of a romantic getaway with Jean, not sure. like i said i might have read it wrong
    you read it right, it is a family trip. Logan is like the uncle

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Agreed. At first I was on the fence...Is this just fun banter between two long-time acquaintances, or actual queer-baiting? We all know Hickman is giving us hints of Scott/Jean/Logan/Emma spin-the-wheel, but not actually outright saying it...Most likely because Marvel would never allow it. So yeah, leaning toward queer-baiting.
    I'd say subtext over queerbaiting, since it's a matter of the writer not being allowed to rather than choosing not to. That said, I'm all for giving Hickman and editorial a tweak, since they knew damned well they'd never be allowed to confirm four of the biggest names of the franchise as poly and/or queer and chose to go the tee-hee aren't we cute? route than give established queer characters a higher profile.

I hope my gurl Phantazia gets her powers back in a Blob way and not in an Aero way.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

Why?

They're immortal by technicality, they're not born that way. They're largely stil lflesh and blood with nerves like any normal person. There's no need for bloodsport. It just exists to... what end?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Isn't that strange? Surely more mutants have been killed during Genosha destruction than when mutants have been depowered…
    Because Trask is dead (and had renounced the sentinels in both deaths) and acknowledging Cassandra is probably a diplomatic/PR headache

Wanda is A) alive, B) unpunished, C) petty and D) Serves as a good bloody shirt to hate the other superhumans groups as a precaution to novissma emerging among them

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Isn't that strange? Surely more mutants have been killed during Genosha destruction than when mutants have been depowered…
    This!

I know some mutants died because they were in the wrong place when they lost their powers but they were mostly depowered but also The are people in Krakoa that make worst things aka Apocalypse, Selene etc

They still using “pretender” in the quasi-religious sense, as a pejorative to describe someone who is not actually part of a faith/culture though they claim to be.

She never pretended to be one in the first place, she thought she was one, also this a shitty retcon cause Hope can only copy Mutants and she copy Wanda's powers during AvsX
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 02-26-2020 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Why?

They're immortal by technicality, they're not born that way. They're largely stil lflesh and blood with nerves like any normal person. There's no need for bloodsport. It just exists to... what end?
    To separate the wheat from the chaff (it's almost like that's Apocalypse's thing). Krakoa wants strong muties only.

Loved everything about this issue. Crucible makes sense to me. If it got out that a depowered mutant could get their powers back simply by killing themselves there may have been mass suicides among depowered mutants which could have created an overload for the five despite it being hinted they get more powerful and it gets easier to bring people back each time. That and imo it would be more morally questionable to basically "encourage" suicide than to fight for your right to be "whole" again.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

hate to rain on the shippers parade but I might have read it wrong but i thought Scott was inviting Logan to a beach family outing(the summers offspring are gonna be there) with Jean instead of a romantic getaway with Jean, not sure. like i said i might have read it wrong
    Yeah I read it the same

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Really? It is one of thepoints of Midsommar movie, a paradise that hides a racist and violent society

you read it right, it is a family trip. Logan is like the uncle
    *the uncle that has a sexual relationship with the mom.

Of course it's sketchy, it's Krakoa! Hickman is building it to be shady and in a very grey area. But really, if you could die and be resurrected and be sure that traumatic events were erased... would you even be scared of pain or death?