Page 157 of 782 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 11718

Deleted, not happy with it
    Last edited by Tami; 07-08-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ever mindful of the shrinking of distance and time, Ochazuke was silent, gathered in the meditational respite of his mind, aware of the shift and murmur of cloistered emotions within the craft as they sped from one conflict toward the next.

Is this the Guardian's design, he wondered there, thoughts sifting the torrent of memories that led to this point and the countless variables within. The consequence for framing destiny...?

Pantaloon had explained to him the first night on the Lookout a harrowing vision. Every light in the night sky was a hidden enemy gazing back across an incomprehensibly vast distance. Yet only after coming back from facing a small portion of it, what stood out in his mind at this moment was the shrouded threat Evangeline had spoken of. There were unfathomable consequences for seizing the tethers that held her world aloft.

The artificial immortal saw the end in sight for all. She held destiny in her fingers and pulled it from its course.

Is this the consequence for her intervention? A cosmic escalation?

The silent war on the surface of the planet was abated and it seemed they had inherited one from the outside. Offworlders gathering to the placid end of the universe, what did they seek?

The presence of everyone aboard was filled with that familiar hardiness. However, the evaporate energy surrounding the vessel mirrored a disturbing presence among them. Of all this, he was aware.

With a slow, silent exhale, Ochazuke opened his eyes at last as the craft lurched and they approached the atmosphere of the little blue planet. The gathered focus of an unfettered mind returned him to the task at hand, and there was little else in his thoughts. Relatively speaking, it was a luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Pretty much. In any case, he's been active about... ten years, give or take, and my mother was one of his first victims. To my knowledge, there's only one saiyan that has survived and encounter with him--albeit, only because of literal divine intervention--and that... is me. Though, my mother was revived from the dead recently, so... I guess she sorta counts," said Totoma, leaning against a nearby wall with his arms crossed. "She and I passed on what we know about him to the rest of the Saiyan race, and I'm sure Sarada's taken those lessons to heart. So we've got two people, at least, that have a decent handle on his fighting style and techniques."

It was better than going in completely unprepared, but that bastard had no doubt developed new techniques since then. And if he was a super saiyan, then all the knowledge about him in the world wouldn't be enough to overcome the power difference. Hence why they needed to just hit him with everything they had before he could transform--a rare moment of agreement between Sarada and him. "...can't say I'm not terrified as shit at the prospect of meeting, let alone fighting, him again, though."
    "You seem rather certain of this," Ochazuke said. Rolling his shoulders, he reached into the body of his coat and checked the condition of the Junjo weapons he'd become increasingly fond of in days past. "If we're moving to face this one, well..."

Dark omens were proclaimed there at the foot of the temple. The shape and method of it were not part of it. Conditions of prophecy are always so loose. Otherwise they'd never be fulfilled.

"It must have been difficult, to relay the method of our enemy to save those ones who would never hear you before," he said. "I should hope your time among the stars hadn't led you to forget your home."

He looked at Totoma out of the corner of his eye. "You've fought him before. From what you told me, you've continued to fight him for ten long years. Nobody in this craft knows Jagam as well as you. So what can you remember?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 07-08-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "We have five hundred years of genocide, enslavement, and piracy to make up for. A few decades of us slowly changing our ways isn't going to wash that bad taste out of many people's mouths." Even with the good things Ruco, Pepa, Turrip, and recently Langal had been doing, it simply wasn't enough for people to consider Saiyans good people.

Sarada doubted they ever would. That was just fine. She didn't give two shits if the Galaxy Police or anyone else liked her or the rest of her people. As long as they did what they were supposed to do – that being protect the galaxy from harm and danger – they could think as highly or as lowly of her as they wanted.

While he was right that Enoki was a fine example of what her race could be – as well as countless others – she was just one person. That could easily be chalked up to her being the exception not the rule.

"People believe in comeuppance, karma, or what have you, P-Sta. If you want to believe that your compatriots are above that, then I won't stop you. But, I know better."
    "You know better?" P-Sta scoffed. "You've no doubt experienced much in your life, but you're just a child! Plenty of people also believe in forgiveness! Sure, any good Saiyans do now wouldn't erase ill deeds of the past, but the Saiyans of the past were your ancestors, not the Saiyans of today! The deeds of the individuals of the present will determine how Saiyans are remembered from now on, not the sins of the past!" P-Sta closed his eyes, folded his arms and nodded, assuredly. "Not the sins of the past."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "You know better?" P-Sta scoffed. "You've no doubt experienced much in your life, but you're just a child! Plenty of people also believe in forgiveness! Sure, any good Saiyans do now wouldn't erase ill deeds of the past, but the Saiyans of the past were your ancestors, not the Saiyans of today! The deeds of the individuals of the present will determine how Saiyans are remembered from now on, not the sins of the past!" P-Sta closed his eyes, folded his arms and nodded, assuredly. "Not the sins of the past."
    What P-Sta said made sense and had merit. There were some who believed in forgiveness. But, there was a difference between forgiving a relatively small sin and forgiving genocide.

It was a nice sentiment he used at the end, but that wasn't what most people believed. Sins of the father were paid for by the son in a lot of people's minds. Maiz spoke of it several times during her travels. The looks of mistrust or outright fear, being kicked out of establishments or off planets, her children being called monsters and other such names just because they happened to be born Saiyans. And that wasn't even getting into the constant attempts at vengeance.

The Sneks were only the latest in a long line of armies that came marching to their doors. There were too many to listen off, but there were a lot.

"Tell that to the people's whose ancestors were killed," she replied flatly. "No matter what, that 'pain' won't go away." She shrugged lazily. "I don't really care if we're liked or not. I just want someone to tell me how Jagam managed to fly under your people's radar for ten years while dozens of my people were being killed. If it isn't a grudge, then maybe they aren't as competent as you believe."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Thirty hours came and went quickly, as Ishtar trained with Sarada, to at least squeeze in some form of preparation. A thing that itself went well enough, the Oni's Saiyan love reaching a point where that binding spell was nothing more than a momentary annoyance; even as the golden-eyed Oni devised a new means of powering and strengthening it.

When Jinzi gave word they had entered the solar system however, Ishtar's eyes cracked open.

Thirty minutes until they were back on Earth. Thirty minutes before they learned if Ereshkigal's portents had already come to pass.

Though the Oni would not be coming into this, wholly blind.

Taking a moment to reach out, Ishtar attempted to telepathically contact those that had been left behind.

'Evangeline, this is Ishtar. Are you there ?'

Should attempts to contact the young Guardian fail, Ishtar would then attempt to contact Nunlil, and then the Ronin, Kai.
    After a brief time, a response comes back.

‘I see you have made it safely back, Ishtar. I am pleased to hear your voice.’

Evangeline replies back, sounding fine.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    What P-Sta said made sense and had merit. There were some who believed in forgiveness. But, there was a difference between forgiving a relatively small sin and forgiving genocide.

It was a nice sentiment he used at the end, but that wasn't what most people believed. Sins of the father were paid for by the son in a lot of people's minds. Maiz spoke of it several times during her travels. The looks of mistrust or outright fear, being kicked out of establishments or off planets, her children being called monsters and other such names just because they happened to be born Saiyans. And that wasn't even getting into the constant attempts at vengeance.

The Sneks were only the latest in a long line of armies that came marching to their doors. There were too many to listen off, but there were a lot.

"Tell that to the people's whose ancestors were killed," she replied flatly. "No matter what, that 'pain' won't go away." She shrugged lazily. "I don't really care if we're liked or not. I just want someone to tell me how Jagam managed to fly under your people's radar for ten years while dozens of my people were being killed. If it isn't a grudge, then maybe they aren't as competent as you believe."
    "I..." P-Sta began, not knowing what to say at first. He decided not to pursue the topic of the Saiyans' future further, as he didn't want any more arguments, though he did silently applaud the sense of nobility she showed in regards of how the Saiyans could make the Galaxy a better place. As to her other statement however...perhaps all arguments could not be held in check.

"You question the competency of the Galaxy Police?! The most advanced, state of the art, efficient police of the...of the Galaxy?!" he exclaimed somewhat redundantly. "Not to give him too much credit, but it seems to me that this Jagam is simply just two steps ahead and good at covering his tracks! Perhaps he has access to...to some kind of unknown technology or what have you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    After a brief time, a response comes back.

‘I see you have made it safely back, Ishtar. I am pleased to hear your voice.’

Evangeline replies back, sounding fine.
    A time passed, and for the duration Ishtar remained silent, fists clenched and knuckles white. Yet with a familiar echoing in the Oni's head, Evangeline finally replied ... and even still, the young Guardian sounded no worse for wear.

Proof in the least, that the portent offered by Ereshkigal was of things to come ... at least this time.

'I can honestly say the same, Evangeline.' The golden-eyed Oni replied, 'We were offered a ... portent, about the fall of Earth; and of your death in particular ... to hear that such has not yet come to pass in the three solar days since hearing of it, is beyond comforting ...

Though that meant the threat was still en route. For now however, that Evangeline was alive, and the Earth was not yet set to be destroyed ... there was at least some hope of training, and preparing, for the threat to come. Be it Jagam, or Marduk, or Genesis ... though that last ...

Please ... not Genesis. Not yet.

For the moment however, Ishtar turned her thoughts back towards the comforting voice of the young Guardian.

'In any case ... We will be there within the hour, and can discuss all that has transpired since our abduction, then.'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So it was again, that after Meagan had spoken Ishtar found herself falling silent.

What she was asking was simple enough, to watch and wait to see what might happen when she taps into this strange energy left behind by a Guardian's Echo. That the Chromakian also admitted she had left earlier than intended and as such was lacking information that was, perhaps, relevant; also confirmed at the least that this was likely a psionic imprinting offered from the Guardian to her would be successor.

What an odd little thing this ... Kami system.

A half measure, surely ... given how far it has fallen into disrepair.

Yet Evangeline was proof to the least that such was not the given ...

"I am sure there are others who could appraise this better than I," Ishtar eventually commented, barely speaking above a muttering. "Yet if that is what you wish of me, I will make the time." Assuming of course Sarada did not need her for something, and even then ... perhaps Sarada might be able to help. The Saiyans ability to regulate her Ki was far and away better than Ishtar's own. It might prove useful should Meagan continue to struggle with this energy she was given ... a thing to ask her lover later, at any rate.
    After giving this some thought, "Perhaps it would be better if we brought Lady Eva into this. Lately I have been on edge, nervous and uneasy. Feelings I am not used to at this level. If Lady Eva is still all right, if there is no imminent danger, then perhaps you and i can go to her together. I would welcome having you with me when I speak to her. That is, if you don't mind?"

A time passed, and for the duration Ishtar remained silent, fists clenched and knuckles white. Yet with a familiar echoing in the Oni's head, Evangeline finally replied ... and even still, the young Guardian sounded no worse for wear.

Proof in the least, that the portent offered by Ereshkigal was of things to come ... at least this time.

'I can honestly say the same, Evangeline.' The golden-eyed Oni replied, 'We were offered a ... portent, about the fall of Earth; and of your death in particular ... to hear that such has not yet come to pass in the three solar days since hearing of it, is beyond comforting ...

Though that meant the threat was still en route. For now however, that Evangeline was alive, and the Earth was not yet set to be destroyed ... there was at least some hope of training, and preparing, for the threat to come. Be it Jagam, or Marduk, or Genesis ... though that last ...

Please ... not Genesis. Not yet.

For the moment however, Ishtar turned her thoughts back towards the comforting voice of the young Guardian.

'In any case ... We will be there within the hour, and can discuss all that has transpired since our abduction, then.'
    Evangeline replies calmly back.

‘The Lookout then. I have had an ill feeling since....’

Her voice cuts off, and after a moment, Kai’s voice cuts into Ishtar’s head.

‘He here, NOW!’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Evangeline replies calmly back.

‘The Lookout then. I have had an ill feeling since....’

Her voice cuts off, and after a moment, Kai’s voice cuts into Ishtar’s head.

‘He here, NOW!’
    Ishtar sighed silently.

Evangeline expressed a feeling of unease that echoed what had been offered by Ereshkigal. Proof at the least that whatever it was that was coming was indeed a threat to Earth, and the Kami upon it. Yet there was a sudden- jerking- stop, and before the young Guardian could finish her thoughts, there came only silence.

Then Kai was screaming about someone being there ...

"Jagam is there. He just arrived at the Lookout."

The Oni spoke, loudly enough to be heard by those who sat beside, or stood near, yet oddly muted. After all they were too late ... at least to train, and plan ... even with the boon they had received to expedite travel. Though one supposed it didn't matter anymore what was coming, beyond what needed to happen next.

Jerking up in her seat, the golden-eyed Oni shot like a bolt toward the cockpit; and when she arrived the blue-skinned woman clamped her hand down around the young genius' shoulder.

"Mr. Pantaloon, we need to get there, now. How do we make that happen."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ever mindful of the shrinking of distance and time, Ochazuke was silent, gathered in the meditational respite of his mind, aware of the shift and murmur of cloistered emotions within the craft as they sped from one conflict toward the next.

Is this the Guardian's design, he wondered there, thoughts sifting the torrent of memories that led to this point and the countless variables within. The consequence for framing destiny...?

Pantaloon had explained to him the first night on the Lookout a harrowing vision. Every light in the night sky was a hidden enemy gazing back across an incomprehensibly vast distance. Yet only after coming back from facing a small portion of it, what stood out in his mind at this moment was the shrouded threat Evangeline had spoken of. There were unfathomable consequences for seizing the tethers that held her world aloft.

The artificial immortal saw the end in sight for all. She held destiny in her fingers and pulled it from its course.

Is this the consequence for her intervention? A cosmic escalation?

The silent war on the surface of the planet was abated and it seemed they had inherited one from the outside. Offworlders gathering to the placid end of the universe, what did they seek?

The presence of everyone aboard was filled with that familiar hardiness. However, the evaporate energy surrounding the vessel mirrored a disturbing presence among them. Of all this, he was aware.

With a slow, silent exhale, Ochazuke opened his eyes at last as the craft lurched and they approached the atmosphere of the little blue planet. The gathered focus of an unfettered mind returned him to the task at hand, and there was little else in his thoughts. Relatively speaking, it was a luxury.

"You seem rather certain of this," Ochazuke said. Rolling his shoulders, he reached into the body of his coat and checked the condition of the Junjo weapons he'd become increasingly fond of in days past. "If we're moving to face this one, well..."

Dark omens were proclaimed there at the foot of the temple. The shape and method of it were not part of it. Conditions of prophecy are always so loose. Otherwise they'd never be fulfilled.

"It must have been difficult, to relay the method of our enemy to save those ones who would never hear you before," he said. "I should hope your time among the stars hadn't led you to forget your home."

He looked at Totoma out of the corner of his eye. "You've fought him before. From what you told me, you've continued to fight him for ten long years. Nobody in this craft knows Jagam as well as you. So what can you remember?"
    Ochazuke had remained curiously silent during the whole Chromakai liberation battle. Well, not surprising, really, since Ochazuke was often a man of few words. And what words he did utter were carefully chosen, almost always cutting right to the heart of the matter--or the person he spoke to. This time was no exception.

Totoma thought back. "He--his style--was brutal and accurate, being very similar to boxing, but with quick, effective joint locks, breaks, and the such added to it. I distinctly remember that he didn't kick very often, even when doing so would be the best option. So I guess, compared to everyone here, his style does have at least one distinct shortcoming. As for ki attacks... he could use the eye beam technique, or a variation of it, an energy wave that came out in the form of blades, and some sort of seeking energy blast that constricts around you before it explodes."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Ishtar sighed silently.

Evangeline expressed a feeling of unease that echoed what had been offered by Ereshkigal. Proof at the least that whatever it was that was coming was indeed a threat to Earth, and the Kami upon it. Yet there was a sudden- jerking- stop, and before the young Guardian could finish her thoughts, there came only silence.

Then Kai was screaming about someone being there ...

The Oni spoke, loudly enough to be heard by those who sat beside, or stood near, yet oddly muted. After all they were too late ... at least to train, and plan ... even with the boon they had received to expedite travel. Though one supposed it didn't matter anymore what was coming, beyond what needed to happen next.

Jerking up in her seat, the golden-eyed Oni shot like a bolt toward the cockpit; and when she arrived the blue-skinned woman clamped her hand down around the young genius' shoulder.

"Mr. Pantaloon, we need to get there, now. How do we make that happen."
    "Nunlil, are we close enough for her to teleport us? Are we close enough fro anyone to teleport us?" Meagan spoke far more confidently than she had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Nunlil, are we close enough for her to teleport us? Are we close enough fro anyone to teleport us?" Meagan spoke far more confidently than she had before.
    "Even if she was, it would be two at a time." Ishtar replied simply. "Two at a time while Jagam is laying waste to the Lookout, no less."

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "I..." P-Sta began, not knowing what to say at first. He decided not to pursue the topic of the Saiyans' future further, as he didn't want any more arguments, though he did silently applaud the sense of nobility she showed in regards of how the Saiyans could make the Galaxy a better place. As to her other statement however...perhaps all arguments could not be held in check.

"You question the competency of the Galaxy Police?! The most advanced, state of the art, efficient police of the...of the Galaxy?!" he exclaimed somewhat redundantly. "Not to give him too much credit, but it seems to me that this Jagam is simply just two steps ahead and good at covering his tracks! Perhaps he has access to...to some kind of unknown technology or what have you!"
    As predicted, the galactic officer responded defensively when she charged that his organization was incompetent. Whether that was true or not, it did speak to his devotion. Whether that devotion was well-placed or blind was unknown.

Not that such mattered at this point. Her mind was made up, and only a sound explanation explaining this gross oversight away would change it.

"Yee, I–"

With three simple words, whatever reply she had prepared died before it found coherent thought.

He was there. Him. Jagam. At the lookout. With Eva and Ronin by themselves.

The guardian was well behind her, so Sarada already knew she stood no chance of defeating him. She wasn't sure about Ronin, but he wasn't the training type, so she doubted he was that far ahead of Eva, if he was at all.

"No."

The sole word was whispered harshly, filled with disbelief that their entire plan had fallen apart before they had even arrived. If he went Super Saiyan at any point during the fight, they were done for!

No! She would find a way. They would find a way, just like with Battersea, Willa, Fife, Chroma. Every obstacle put in their way, no matter how insurmountable it first appeared, was overcome when they fought together. This would be no different.

"As soon as we get within Earth's atmosphere," she said to Totoma, "activate Hitozaru as high as you can safely. I figure we can reach the lookout faster flying ourselves, plus that'd give us the element of surprise."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Jinzi cursed, then began tapping at various controls.

“I’m maxing it’s engines and overclocking them to the point of shattering. Once the ship hits atmosphere we’ll only be a few miles from the Lookout, so abandon ship and fly there.”

The ship lurches forward even faster.

“Two minutes and you abandon the ship and make for the Lookout!”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM