Page 89 of 828 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189589 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 12411
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    newest Disney Play MCU TV series is Falcon and Winter Soldier team up.

A. I can't tell if people are just making shit up now or if Disney really is going this hard out of the gate to get their streaming going.

B. MCU Falcon and WS work perfectly together and I am all for it.
    I dunno.

My thing is why would you do this as a streaming series, when you could get at least 3 movies out of this?

Assuming the MCU retires the Cap character and doesn't recast now that Chris Evans is done.

Think of Midnight Run but with Super Heroes.

Unless MCU wants to continue the character without giving Mackie and Stan the money they would naturally ask for if they were co-headlining a 3 pic franchise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Speaking of Kanye...

Blackface Is a Choice: Friends Praise SC Bank Executive For MAGA Kanye Costume

https://www.theroot.com/blackface-is...ive-1830074140

And this is why Kanye went the route that he did. People keep thinking his maga movement is a cry for help. It's not, Kanye knows exactly what he's doing. He sold his soul for fame and fortune just like trump.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    And this is why Kanye went the route that he did. People keep thinking his maga movement is a cry for help. It's not, Kanye knows exactly what he's doing. He sold his soul for fame and fortune just like trump.
    I’ll take the latter of those two. Fame is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I dunno.

My thing is why would you do this as a streaming series, when you could get at least 3 movies out of this?

Assuming the MCU retires the Cap character and doesn't recast now that Chris Evans is done.

Unless MCU wants to continue the character without giving Mackie and Stan the money they would naturally ask for if they were co-headlining a 3 pic franchise.
    1. Might not have time in the schedule anymore after grabbing Fox franchises

2. Load up the streaming thing ont he front end, get people to sign up, back off from stuff like this after a year and hope people won't cancel like they don't cancel netflix, amazon prime, gym memberships, ect. despite never really using them
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Over at the Root, there's a few jokes about this being Kim and Kris' idea.
    i mean, its possible.

But, I think black people want to like Kanye so bad... his shoes, clothes, music... that they will come up with every scenario possible where it isn't "his" fault so they can continue to support Kanye without feeling bad about it.

So... its not kanye, its his bipolar. its not kanye, its kim. its not kanye, its Kris. its not kanye, its candace. ect ect

F all though, dudes responsible for his own choices. kris didn't put him in a room with trump and make trump seem more sane.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

There is what, 75% chance rocky dies in Creed II?

Drago #2 is... a big dude lol

I dunno.

Eh, movies aint' cheap and they ain't getting no cheaper. Neither is the marketing even if it is part of successful IP. I know we have a sentiment disguised as an 'argument' over making a space Raccoon and and talking tree quasi-household names but kinda not really. I think that's the really reason why there ain't no Widow movie yet. It just takes a lot to find an audience, especially when you plan sequels during the filming of the first one. Will the Hulk/Cap/DowneyIM fans go see this or that? Won't they, can that bread be counted? Even if.

Midnight Run but with Super Heroes is one hell of a pitch lol. There's no way in hell it executes as well as it sounds but I love it. Damn, now I gotta find Midnight Run on one of the half dozen shit I'm paying to stream... sounds like a new thread. I need to hear DeNiro say 'in a minute you're gonna suffer from fistophobia' asap.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

I dunno.

If you have a streaming service that YOU control that will not interfere with your network (so you don't turn ABC into the CW network with mainly DC shows airing) and a movie studio.

You can make one huge live action media universe to where your movies can handle the big stuff and your stream the little stuff.

In other words I can give Shuri whatever I want to build her more before Black Panther 2.

I can use that stream to introduce Riri Williams or Rayshun Lucas as normal kids before I make them heroes in the movies.

I can use that stream to test projects before heading to the big screen.

I can also sneak in mutant or FF references in that stream before I introduce those two properties.

1. Might not have time in the schedule anymore after grabbing Fox franchises

2. Load up the streaming thing ont he front end, get people to sign up, back off from stuff like this after a year and hope people won't cancel like they don't cancel netflix, amazon prime, gym memberships, ect. despite never really using them
    The needed time commitment for a film series(potentially) is also something that they might not want to throw into what will already be a fairly complex mix.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I dunno.

Subscription services can be pretty huge. World of warcraft is faaaaaar from its peak, but it still generates a billion dollars a year in revenue.

That said, I seriously don't see myself cancelling my Netflix subscription just for sooper 'eroes. Netflix programming is a bit more sophisticated: Disney hasn't got the balls to put out anything challenging that would interest a modern adult.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Castlevania
    Isaac and Hector are pretty cool
    Damn the big fight scene was pretty intense I really did think he was about to kill him. But why do I feel like I miss half of it already

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Subscription services can be pretty huge. World of warcraft is faaaaaar from its peak, but it still generates a billion dollars a year in revenue.

That said, I seriously don't see myself cancelling my Netflix subscription just for sooper 'eroes. Netflix programming is a bit more sophisticated: Disney hasn't got the balls to put out anything challenging that would interest a modern adult.
    Every time Disney goes outside of their fantasy comfort zone, they blow it. Tron, Tron:Legacy, John Carter, Tomorrowland (which did so poorly they'll never make tron 3), Atlantis, That's why they bought marvel and star wars in the first place. They used to experiment, when it's not remakes or sequels, they make movies making fun of themselves.

So I'm watching the Gifted and I'm trying to wrap my head around how a show in 2018 can have a black man join a Klan/Nazi analog.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    So I'm watching the Gifted and I'm trying to wrap my head around how a show in 2018 can have a black man join a Klan/Nazi analog.
    It became a lot easier after Kayne West
    He truly was a Pioneer

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Every time Disney goes outside of their fantasy comfort zone, they blow it. Tron, Tron:Legacy, John Carter, Tomorrowland (which did so poorly they'll never make tron 3), Atlantis, That's why they bought marvel and star wars in the first place. They used to experiment, when it's not remakes or sequels, they make movies making fun of themselves.
    I really liked Atlantis and the Tron t.v. series. A shame they don't get any follow-up.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Brought to you by the franchise that gave us this loveliness

Last edited by Agent Z; 10-31-2018 at 11:12 PM.