Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman: Secret Files: The Signal #1 Preview

Batman: Secret Files: The Signal #1 Preview (Unlettered)
    Writer: Tony Patrick
    Artist: Christian Duce

Extraordinary Member

Duke can moove read people too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Duke can moove read people too ?
    Yes, because he can see what they'll do before they do, but not like Cass.

Who is that kissing Duke? Is that his mom?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Who is that kissing Duke? Is that his mom?
    It's his girlfriend/woman in the chair, Isabelle "Izzy" Ortiz, a.k.a. Robina from the We are Robin kids.

Hopefully Aisi and Riko and Gnomon will be there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It's his girlfriend/woman in the chair, Isabelle "Izzy" Ortiz, a.k.a. Robina from the We are Robin kids.

Oh really I haven’t seen her in a while, glad to see Duke using We are Robin friends for support
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

I love how all the bat writers ignore whatever King was teasing with duke and Gotham girl. I’m actually surprised they haven’t done anything with that character since the run ended.

Nothing says "feats" like being to hold your own against Cass. And in her best costume .
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I love how all the bat writers ignore whatever King was teasing with duke and Gotham girl. I’m actually surprised they haven’t done anything with that character since the run ended.
    Yeah, what was that about? It kind of implied King had plans for Duke but then he just kind of vanishes from the run, but by then it was basically the "Bruce and Selina" series.

Well to be honest, I'd rather nobody reference GG ever again. That poor created was done so dirty by her own creator that I don't see how she can be salvaged.

Astonishing Member

Fair is fair, in that Tom King pretty much ignored whatever was written about Duke beforehand in said run, whenever he could be bothered to include Duke into the goings on in the first place.

Astonishing Member

Anyway, while it's hard to tell what's going on sans dialogue and narration, I like how it looks like things are back on track, almost as if Bryan Hill's derailment/circular stagnation of Duke's character didn't happen. Like, the sparring and general relationship with Cassandra is basically the only constant.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 06-05-2021 at 03:42 PM.

She was based on King’s daughter which makes things icky. Plus a Superman-tier member of the Batfamily could never work long term, not surprised she ended up getting sent to Limbo.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Thinking on Cass and Duke, we haven't seen Cass and Tim interact in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She was based on King’s daughter which makes things icky. Plus a Superman-tier member of the Batfamily could never work long term, not surprised she ended up getting sent to Limbo.
    She was? Huh.

Super excited for this issue!

Nice seeing Duke and Cass interacting again. Really underrated friendship!

Looks like Izzy is trying out a new look!

I'm digging the art style for this. I love seeing Duke sparring with Cass, I always felt she made the most sense to train him considering how similar their powers are and i'm always happy to see Duke being competent in a combat scenario. tho, apparently this image of them sparring has led to a bit of debate on twitter.

I'm also happy to see Izzy is still working with Duke in The Hatch and that they're still together. I especially like this hairstyle far more than the one she had in Batman & The Signal. I hope we'll see some of the We are Robin gang. I'm so hyped for this one-shot.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."