Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    100% certain Brisson didn’t read Bendis, Hopeless or Bunn’s runs.
    And that's a bad thing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    THANK YOU, Prez.
    Love the Berto avatar btw.
    You're welcome, man
    Also, thanks for the compliment, I really love my new avatar and I'm glad others like it

Wait, so the Old5 remember everything from their past selves and every drama that befell mutantkind isn't instantly erased?

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Wait, so the Old5 remember everything from their past selves and every drama that befell mutantkind isn't instantly erased?
    There is an in-story reason why. They don't remember everything until a specific point.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

BANNED

Confusing spoiler.

What happened to Rachel?

This issue looks like very eventful and lots of action that could have gone for a few more issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    And that's a bad thing?
    Uh, yes, when you are writing the finish to a group of characters who've been around for 100 issues.

I'm just glad that the O5 are finally gone, it should have happened years ago but at least is over and now we can move on.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I do wonder what was the point of giving the current/real 05 the memories of the ones that went back in time. Will any of that actually matter to any of them?

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Confusing spoiler.

What happened to Rachel?

This issue looks like very eventful and lots of action that could have gone for a few more issues.
    Rachel dissappeared with Ahab.

This was a satisfying resolution to the O5.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I do wonder what was the point of giving the current/real 05 the memories of the ones that went back in time. Will any of that actually matter to any of them?
    The "point" is that it's a half-assed way to trick O5 readers into thinking their characters didn't die. Of course it won't matter to the characters, it can't. It ALREADY doesn't make any sense with the very next story. The book is trash.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Confusing spoiler.

What happened to Rachel?

She remained a hound and rescued AHAB.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It should. What's matter is that it's there and we can bash writers for not using.
    Bobby has memories of a happy relationship where he wouldn't have to pretend to be someone else. Beast got some cool knowledge, kissed his teen crush and also a cute ninja girl. Warren banged a Wolverine, because that's all he had for development. Scott learned that he can have friends outside of the X-Men and had more time than he could ever wish for with his dad. Jean got a new understanding of her powers and has now canon relationships outside of Scott. It's actually reasonable.

After Heroes Reborn, Iron Man came back with some kind of nonsense wonky explanation that the new Tony was a combination of the old Tony who died and teen Tony. It made no sense and was never brought up again except for a gag two years ago. Even though it was a mess of a way to fix things, they got away with it because teen Tony didn't do anything of note, and was immediately cancelled for being unpopular.

The O5, who held titles for five years and 100 issues, got teen Tony'd.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It should. What's matter is that it's there and we can bash writers for not using.
    Bobby has memories of a happy relationship where he wouldn't have to pretend to be someone else. Beast got some cool knowledge, kissed his teen crush and also a cute ninja girl. Warren banged a Wolverine, because that's all he had for development. Scott learned that he can have friends outside of the X-Men and had more time than he could ever wish for with his dad. Jean got a new understanding of her powers and has now canon relationships outside of Scott. It's actually reasonable.
    hmm, I guess that is true. Hopefully the writers use some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    What relationships outside of Scott? A kiss with Beast and another with some random college boy? That is far away from a serious relationship