Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I'm enjoying the series. I like some lightness and humor. Not that there isn't painful and depressing in the book, too.

I love the bond between the siblings. I loved Zan's "save yourself" bit after his thunderlust bit. And him showing up to help her out of her bad date was nice. Though the cover was not. Men/boys trying to control the love lives of the women/girls in their lives is not cute/sweet/protective or even funny (which is what I think they were going for). It's irritating, controlling, and sexist. Very glad he wasn't actually doing anything like that.

Forgive me if I missed it, but do we know why the twins are exiled?

The extension is good news; just hope they don't run out of story.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm enjoying the series. I like some lightness and humor. Not that there isn't painful and depressing in the book, too.

I love the bond between the siblings. I loved Zan's "save yourself" bit after his thunderlust bit. And him showing up to help her out of her bad date was nice. Though the cover was not. Men/boys trying to control the love lives of the women/girls in their lives is not cute/sweet/protective or even funny (which is what I think they were going for). It's irritating, controlling, and sexist. Very glad he wasn't actually doing anything like that.

The extension is good news; just hope they don't run out of story.

No, you haven't missed it, it hasn't been addressed yet.

Preview for Wonder Twins #6 is out.

https://www.newsarama.com/45886-jayn...review.html#s1

Nice to see El Dorado with the League.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Nice to see El Dorado with the League.
    Yes, it's the second time he's appeared in an issue. Each time, however, in the background.

I haven't read JLA in a while, is Mera an active member? I notice she's in the top panel in the page I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Yes, it's the second time he's appeared in an issue. Each time, however, in the background.

I haven't read JLA in a while, is Mera an active member? I notice she's in the top panel in the page I posted.
    She is, though she's hardly been utilized at all in the many issues since she joined.

Re: an earlier post, I don't think Mark Russell ever runs out of story. I'd read anything by that guy. The extension is fantastic news. I hope it leads to an ongoing. I LOVE this series.

Pretty fun book to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Pretty fun book to read.
    Yes, it is. I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    She is, though she's hardly been utilized at all in the many issues since she joined.

Re: an earlier post, I don't think Mark Russell ever runs out of story. I'd read anything by that guy. The extension is fantastic news. I hope it leads to an ongoing. I LOVE this series.

Thanks for the info on Mera, I appreciate it. I would also like to have an ongoing series for the twins, but will settle for a "season two".

I'm really glad this has been extended, I hope they tell more of Polly Math. She needs redemption, she needs to know the truth about her dad, and the twins need to realize that things on Earth may be off-kilter, but it's not all bad all the time.

November solicits are out, and they have a cover for Wonder Twins #9.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    No, you haven't missed it, it hasn't been addressed yet.

It looks like we'll find that out in this story in November.

Don’t miss the stunning secret of the Wonder Twins that will change how you look at them forever! Tensions run high as Jayna takes in friend-turned-fugitive Polly Math and opens up about her family’s painful past on Exxor, but they are soon interrupted when Batman and Superman call on Zan and Jayna for an all-star team-up against a rogue army! Jayna must balance their duties to the Justice League with her responsibilities as a friend...each of which is proving quite detrimental to the other!

Wonder Twins #7 hit the stands today!

Haven't had the chance to read it today, I'll be doing that tomorrow.

Article from Bleeding Cool that seems to say that Wonder Twins has been green lit for more than 12 issues, because it's doing so well.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...young-justice/

I just read Wonder Twins #8, and (as usual) really enjoyed it.

This issue deals with regrets and apologies. It starts with the school principal regretting his actions from when he was in high school, and Jayna's regrets regarding what happened to Polly Math.

Story lines converge at a high school reunion, which Zan and Jayna are on the planning committee for.

Story and artwork were top-notch, once again, and this book continues to be a great read.

Upcoming things to look forward to......Soon the twins will be doing a crossover appearance in Young Justice, and in the upcoming issue, we find out exactly why the Wonder Twins were exiled from their planet.
    Last edited by CellarDweller; 10-11-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Article from Bleeding Cool that seems to say that Wonder Twins has been green lit for more than 12 issues, because it's doing so well.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...young-justice/
    Wonderous news! I'm so happy both Wonder Twins and Dial-H are getting the love the deserve!

A small aside, but I do wish the New Ages of Superheros line was given the same level. I'm just glad another DC line I've been loving didn't share the same fate twice in a row.

I just read Wonder Twins #8, and (as usual) really enjoyed it.

[img]https://i2.wp.com/***************/share/uploads/2019/10/Wonder-Twins-8-2019.jpg?fit=400%2C615&ssl=1[/img]

This issue deals with regrets and apologies. It starts with the school principal regretting his actions from when he was in high school, and Jayna's regrets regarding what happened to Polly Math.

Story lines converge at a high school reunion, which Zan and Jayna are on the planning committee for.

Story and artwork were top-notch, once again, and this book continues to be a great read.

Upcoming things to look forward to......Soon the twins will be doing a crossover appearance in Young Justice, and in the upcoming issue, we find out exactly why the Wonder Twins were exiled from their planet.
    By the way, your link doesn't work.