Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

Love the Jackal, love the clones (a bit more in theory than execution), love Kaine and Ben. This has entertaining stamped all over for me.

I've been expecting Marvel editorial to demand Gwen be brought back for a while (hence Spider-Gwen, which really paid off), so as long as we get Kaine and Ben back I'm okay with it. Though I do hope Gwen-clone goes. With that in mind, Slott hasn't been too kind to Gwen colnes in the past.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

We live in a day and age of comics where you’re always seeing another important death. ‘Here’s someone who dies!’ We’re subverting all of that. Here’s people coming back.”
    I don't see the "subverting" anywhere, we have constant death, because be have constant resurrection. Marvel would take more seriously killing its characters, otherwise.

Slott's gonna slip a disk trying to lift this much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nose norton View Post
    I don't see the "subverting" anywhere, we have constant death, because be have constant resurrection. Marvel would take more seriously killing its characters, otherwise.
    The Clonespiracy sounds more like a parody of how often people come back.

And no one's really coming back from the dead. This basically just confirms they're all clones .

Incredible Member

With Christos Gage involved in this, at least the Amazing Spider-Man tie in, will there be any references, call-backs to the events of the Gage written mini, X-MEN & SPIDER-MAN ? Which did focus on cloning thanks to X-Foe Mister Sinister, who was revealed to have some contact with the Jackal in the third issue. Which involved the Onslaught era X-Men, and Ben Reilly going up against Sinister, and Carnage. The latter who Sinister was looking to get a portion of the psycho's symbiote for his plans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    The Clonespiracy sounds more like a parody of how often people come back.
    A parody? It could be, Slott certainly has a knack for that. In any case, I'll find out about it around here, I'm not getting dragged into this.

Astonishing Member

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. I mean, the whole "Dead No More" is about clones? What a surprise! (That was sarcasm). From the very beginning, it was quite obvious, when suddenly we see dead characters returning but acting like "mindless puppets". Everything was confirmed the moment we saw the "Red-Suit Man" with the Anubis mask, alongside Gwen Stacy. Anubis is the Egyptian God of dead, with the head of a JACKAL!!! After that, it was impossible to guess the whole picture.

Still, I'm very interested in discovering what improvements will this "Clone Conspiracy" comparing with the original Clone Saga.

BANNED

I knew it!! I knew the Jackal had a major role in this event.

I am a bit surprised by the change of title though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I knew it!! I knew the Jackal had a major role in this event.

I am a bit surprised by the change of title though.
    It's not a "change" in title. "Dead No More" was promoted as the main title to delay the reveal that "The Clone Conspiracy" was the true title. While it was obvious that the Jackal was the man in red since his Dead No More teaser, it wasn't officially confirmed until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Will there be a chimney stack in this one too?
    There must be a chimney stack.

Otherwise, where would they dump the unresolved plot holes?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    There must be a chimney stack.

Otherwise, where would they dump the unresolved plot holes?
    Just kick someone into next year. Then they'll read off when the plot holes will be remembered. Remember what Bobbi told Peter? Got to make absolutely sure that the audience will stick around for another year just by telling them that a storyline will eventually happen instead of just showing the story itself.
    Last edited by Phantom Roxas; 06-18-2016 at 06:21 PM.

BANNED

Here's my question in all of this: Will All-New Wolverine get involved in this given her own origins ?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Here's my question in all of this: Will All-New Wolverine get involved in this given her own origins ?
    I was so disappointed when I discovered that she was a clone and not his daughter. Like, Wolverine gets tail all the time. He HAS one kid. There's no reason he couldn't have another. And the potential for drama and such is so much higher from a bitter abandoned daughter than yet another clone. =/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    With Christos Gage involved in this, at least the Amazing Spider-Man tie in, will there be any references, call-backs to the events of the Gage written mini, X-MEN & SPIDER-MAN ? Which did focus on cloning thanks to X-Foe Mister Sinister, who was revealed to have some contact with the Jackal in the third issue. Which involved the Onslaught era X-Men, and Ben Reilly going up against Sinister, and Carnage. The latter who Sinister was looking to get a portion of the psycho's symbiote for his plans.
    This would be a great time to bring back the clone that Sinister made with the Jackal in the Spider-man and X-men mini.

Don't forget the Jackal's previous appearance in Superior Spider-man team up issues too.