Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default the borg vs naruto earth

the borg(full power) arrives in naruto earth to assimilate, the borg has full knowledge and will have two hours to prepare.

who wins?

BANNED

How many Cubes?

If we're talking about an all-out invasion, it doesn't take long at all. A few Ninjas transported from the surface right into stasis, load them up with nanoprobes, wipe their memory, set the nanoprobes to spread via skin contact(not via tubules) send them back.

Activate them all at once when you have a good % of infection, DONE.

No confrontation necessary.

Astonishing Member

Full power is 100,000 to a million cubes. It depends if the Borg want the ninjas or not. As said above, a vast number of cubes could target all the ninjas and transport them at once into stasis and inoculation. If the ninjas are a threat and not wanted, all the villages are vaporized without them knowing what is happening.

This is quite a stomp.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    How many Cubes?
    whole fleet

Quote Originally Posted by snoke123 View Post
    whole fleet
    Two posters in a row state that a "full invasion" or "full strength" offensive is a stomp. Your response is to then say "full fleet" lol.

Do you hate ninjas?

Welcome to Rumbles btw! =)
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Two posters in a row state that a "full invasion" or "full strength" offensive is a stomp. Your response is to then say "full fleet" lol.

Do you hate ninjas?

Welcome to Rumbles btw! =)
    1- What can the Borg do? (I do not know much about them)
    2- thank you

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

If the Borg are smart they win very easily. Orbital bombardment and teleporters.

If they try and just invade with ground forces, they get wrecked.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Are we so sure that assimilating people with genjutsu and demonstrated mental resistance is a great idea? I mean, normal people have resisted the borg. I feel like this could just as easily end with ninjas winning from the inside. Op says assimilate, so I assume orbital bombardment is out.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 01-10-2019 at 10:15 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Are we so sure that assimilating people with genjutsu and demonstrated mental resistance is a great idea? I mean, normal people have resisted the borg. I feel like this could just as easily end with ninjas winning from the inside. Op says assimilate, so I assume orbital bombardment is out.
    You can do a teeny tiny bit of bombardment and still assimilate the vast majority of the population.

There are only a few major cities where the actual ninja powerhouses live right? Nuke those and conquer the rest.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    You can do a teeny tiny bit of bombardment and still assimilate the vast majority of the population.

There are only a few major cities where the actual ninja powerhouses live right? Nuke those and conquer the rest.
    Yeah, the Five Ninja Villages. Leaf, Sand, Cloud, Rain and... Stone, right? According to the OP the Borg get "full knowledge," so I assume that's going to include the location of the ninja villages and all major players. In two hours they have suitably powered set of cubes above each to just rain down firepower until the villages are glass once the bell rings.

That leaves all the normal people and I guess the Samurai tribes...?

Do they actually have the firepower to take out Naruto's heavy hitters with pinpoint bombardment? I mean, I haven't paid attention to Naruto since the Chuunin exam, but I guess there's moon-bisecting happening? It seems to me like anyone who matters would probably be able to either defend themselves or escape a surgical strike at the bell. Being able to turn the villages to glass doesn't actually mean they're going to kill anyone important.

Edit: Plus like, presumably the villages at least know they're in a fight at the bell. Most of these people are speedsters, many have esoteric defenses. I doubt establishing transporter locks would be included as a prep thing, since that's actively doing something to the other side. For that matter, completely destroying the villages is a net-loss for the Borg, since they lose whatever technological and cultural distinctiveness they could have gained there, so not really in character for an invasion scenario, as this isn't an arena match. Although with full knowledge, maybe they don't care, but that's kind of weird.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 01-10-2019 at 03:26 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

everyone already said what i was gonna say.

a full fleet of borg cubes is not a winnable fight against them.

another tactic: the borg can just scoop whole cities from the ground.

BANNED

OH! I forgot another possible tactic: TIME TRAVEL! As seen in First Contact.

Go back to the genesis of life on that Earth with a Sphere, start assimilation, while in the present the Queen can collect, and PROFIT.

OR, if we're allowing feats from the novels, AIRBORNE nanoprobes! This one is nigh inescapable, and as long as its organic, its going to get assimilated.

The biggest joke is that nobody will even notice until its too late, when the biosphere itself turns against them. The Nin wouldn't even know what was going on.

Astonishing Member

Land battle - with a millions cubes, the Borg could land 4 million easily. Not going to jitsu your way out of that.

Still a stomp. If the ninja might get to the Queen and pull the plug, it might slow them down for a few minutes. Fat chance

Yes, I agree that there is no physical resistance that is going to work here, but one drone with nothing more than a sense of individuality was a huge problem. The Borg's collective consciousness is a proven vector for mental fuckery, and they're all networked in one spot here, so what happens when someone with actual mental attack magic, or even just experience dealing with mental combat gets in? Because the assumption here seems to have been that the Borg in this scenario match will behave like it's an arena match and completely forgo their standard operating procedure and do things that are directly counterproductive to the thread's stated goal of assimilation (literally instantly wiping five powerful cultures that have things the Borg don't from the face of the Earth), which fine, maybe "full knowledge" makes them freak out, though I can't recall any instances suggesting they would. As far as time travel goes, they did that as a last resort when they'd already completely lost to save themselves.

Like I said, I haven't kept up with Naruto, but they're still ninjas with various magical infiltration abilities, with transformation magic being pretty standard among them. If anyone with anything even close to something like Tsukuyomi survives the initial unlikely blitz (which with the power level I'm given to understand the series gets to, seems pretty likely) or is accidentally assimilated, they're potentially incredibly dangerous based on the collective's proven vulnerabilities. Call it 1/100 or whatever, if you want, though I don't think it's all that unlikely. I'm not even saying something like this is a win, but it's a more interesting possibility than a dubiously instant stomp.