Page 28 of 985 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128528 ... LastLast
    Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What story are you talking about here?
    I was responding to this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    European Green parties view the American party as a joke.

While I have little doubt that many of the party members are sincere in their belief, they clearly value their ideological purity over getting anything done anytime soon.

The party itself is a joke. It doesn't /do/ anything for any of the issues it claims to care about. They are not serious about building their party on an organizational level.

Jill Stein is, herself, a massive joke at best and more than likely a grifter who's a useful idiot for Putin.

Really, any party whose candidates still hold to the view that there is 'no difference between Democrats and Republicans', is a liability to the critical moment we're in.
    Baby Thanos

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/111t...tates_Congress

Weird, this website says the Democrats controlled Congress and didn't even propose a single health care bill.
    The ACA is not universal health care, which everyone keeps telling me Democrats will propose if I vote for them.
    Moving the goal posts won't fool anyone.

Seriously, arguing with you would be more fun if your posts were... you know... better.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post

Seriously, arguing with you would be more fun if your posts were... you know... better.
    I've been talking about single payer health care for the last 10 pages, you can go back and read them.
    Baby Thanos

Weird, this website says the Democrats controlled Congress and didn't even propose a single health care bill.
    The ACA is not universal health care, which everyone keeps telling me Democrats will propose if I vote for them.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

I've been talking about single payer health care for the last 10 pages, you can go back and read them.
    So you are saying the ACA was not a health care bill because it was not a single health care bill?
    Is English not your first language?

Hillary was right!

So you are saying the ACA was not a health care bill because it was not a single health care bill?
    Is English not your first language?
    Congratulations, I typed single instead of single-payer.

You can see all my other posts specifically talking universal health care, including my first post here:

I volunteered at my local food bank for years, delivering food to elderly people who couldn't come pick it up. I delivered two 60 lb bags of canned food to an old man who lived in an apartment above a strip club. The apartment must never have been inspected because the floor was just exposed subfloor. He didn't even have a chair to sit and for weeks we tried to get a mattress for him to lay on.

Then one month we went to deliver the food and found him lying on the floor dead. He had no money because he got sick and couldn't afford treatment. He was my friend's uncle.

Now I don't want to live in a world where that happens, just like you don't want to live in a world where children are caged, and we can sit here arguing all day about which candidate supports which specific cause we fight for, or we can blame the people who are making us make that choice.
    Baby Thanos

Congratulations, I typed single instead of single-payer.

You can see all my other posts specifically talking universal health care, including my first post here:
    Yeah, not buying it.

Bye, Felicia.

Hillary was right!

Not even Canada's health care system was built in a single moment.

Yeah, not buying it.

Bye, Felicia.
    Your very first reply to me was a reply to a post where I was talking about universal health care and now you are pretending you didn't, for what reason?

Liberals don't argue about that. They ALL want her to live.

They just, unlike you, understand the constitution and know that people need to vote them into power in significant numbers to stop that girl from dying, instead of wanking and protest voting. There is no magic wand.
    Baby Thanos

catbellysqueezer, have you considered running for office for the Green Party?

Your posts today show you to be just the level of competency and honesty they usually go for.

That's right. Keep making the perfect the enemy of the good. I agree that the Democrats should have asked for more, but what we ended up getting was still a pretty good deal.

President Jill Stein would have sung her folk songs to Republicans until they would have agreed to dismantle the military industrial complex and financed single payer.

And possibly lifted all sanctions against Russia.

74 percent of Democrats and 54 percent of independents support universal healthcare, and yet people think voting for candidates who received $42 million dollars in campaign contributions from the Health Care Industry in 2018 alone is going to make it happen?

And I'm sure the Jill Stein comments are directed at me, but I didn't vote for her so it's irrelevant to the discussion.
    Baby Thanos

It was a miracle the ACA was passed in the first place and from that moment the GOP relentlessly fought it tooth and nail. Universal health care has no chance of being passed while half of the government is single-mindedly pushing back.
    If the majority is held by the GOP, there will be no universal healthcare legistlation passed.
    The percentage of Progessive Democrats does not matter if they do not have the majority.
    The first step to Universal Healthcare is to gain the majority.
    I don't f#%king know why that is so difficult for people to understand.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 08-10-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    It was a miracle the ACA was passed in the first place and from that moment the GOP relentlessly fought it tooth and nail. Universal health care has no chance of being passed while half of the government is single-mindedly pushing back.
    If the majority is held by the GOP, there will be no universal healthcare legistlation passed.
    The percentage of Progessive Democrats does not matter if they do not have the majority.
    The first step to Universal Healthcare is to gain the majority.
    I don't f#%king know why that is so difficult for people to understand.
    They had a super majority and because too many damn blue dogs and center right Democrats were part of that super majority they had to give up on universal healthcare. Don’t know why that’s so damn hard to understand. No I don’t want to vote for the same pieces of trash that put that anchor on us before just because of the D next to the name