Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks Tami and CB. I'll get a cover prepped and then check in later to see if there are any one who may have some objections

Congratulations to Iron Maiden for a very cool cover. It IS nice when the good guys win, innit?

As to what the captain has learned this week, he's obviously in a slump. He's not reading his notes from previous week and using them to create a cover-selecting empire. But as he awaits for a foot of snow to fall on the hoill of Cleghorn, he looks at those coverse that did get votes. Good covers all.

But seriously, CBR, Wonder Woman in a fur trimmed coatume bringing gifts to good little children not getting even a pity vote? That's worth a whine.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Congratulations to Iron Maiden for a very cool cover. It IS nice when the good guys win, innit?

As to what the captain has learned this week, he's obviously in a slump. He's not reading his notes from previous week and using them to create a cover-selecting empire. But as he awaits for a foot of snow to fall on the hoill of Cleghorn, he looks at those coverse that did get votes. Good covers all.

But seriously, CBR, Wonder Woman in a fur trimmed coatume bringing gifts to good little children not getting even a pity vote? That's worth a whine.
    It wasn't a bad cover, it just didn't quite match the Theme.

A simple theme of comic book characters having a bad time in snowy or frozen climates where it's not so easy to, ahem...let it go!
    True, there was a guy with a gun, but seriously how effective is that going to be against WW?
    Last edited by Tami; 03-07-2018 at 11:01 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Congrats IM!

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks! I wonder if I should run my idea by everyone here before I post the new thread. There is already a contest with a broader theme that I am thinking of making more specific.

My theme was going to be spoilers:
    "Mean and Green" where there has to be a villain in green on the cover. Of course it also ties in with St Pat's day coming up.
    end of spoilers We do have this previous contest.
    Congrats Iron Maiden.
    Similar contest themes can be interesting because it gives people an opportunity to use a fitting cover they may have considered using the first time around or a cover they've found since.
    Someone could also steal the previous winning cover and see if it wins again
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Congrats Iron Maiden.
    Similar contest themes can be interesting because it gives people an opportunity to use a fitting cover they may have considered using the first time around or a cover they've found since.
    Someone could also steal the previous winning cover and see if it wins again
    Thanks! I try and pull it together later this afternoon and get the new contest going

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks! I wonder if I should run my idea by everyone here before I post the new thread. There is already a contest with a broader theme that I am thinking of making more specific.

My theme was going to be spoilers:
    "Mean and Green" where there has to be a villain in green on the cover. Of course it also ties in with St Pat's day coming up.
    end of spoilers We do have this previous contest.
    It gets my thumbs up, for what that's worth.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Congrats Iron Maiden!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Ultimate Member

I always catch this thread way too late.

S'cool -- not going for the win... just wanted to share some quality Sienkiewicz artwork from back when I could buy all of my favorite X-Books for less than five bucks.

Speaking of which, if they don't address this arc in the upcoming movie, it will be a real loss to the (potential) franchise.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

S'cool -- not going for the win... just wanted to share some quality Sienkiewicz artwork from back when I could buy all of my favorite X-Books for less than five bucks.

Speaking of which, if they don't address this arc in the upcoming movie, it will be a real loss to the (potential) franchise.
    I dig the grizz. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

I'll be posting the new one shortly so get ready. Hope you join in the fun!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Congrats IM! Well done Tami for getting it to a tie-break.

Thank you Tami and icctrombone for voting for my very cool WinterWorld cover

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Congrats IM! Well done Tami for getting it to a tie-break.

Thank you Tami and icctrombone for voting for my very cool WinterWorld cover
    There is nothing creepier than being followed by a giant whale as you are walking across treacherous winter terrain.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Congrats IM and Tami!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Congrats IM! There's something about the fur-wrapped FF bending in the snow, Johnny flaming his hands to keep warm, it's as if the mighty are laid low by the elements.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES