Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What Marvel properties do you think should be Disney animated films?

OK so remember back in 2014 when Disney decided to do something other than fairy tales for once? The thing in question was an obscure Marvel property known as Big Hero 6.

big-hero-6-character-promo-image-550x302.jpg

I really loved that movie and ever since it came out it really got me wondering if Disney animation would put their touch on some more Marvel characters. This thread is where we discuss which one of marvels heroes would benefit from some Disney magic. Personally I think Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur is practically begging for an animated film. I mean come on, a little girl who's pet is a giant red T-Rex. A premise like that pretty much has Disney written all over it.

Moon_Girl_and_Devil_Dinosaur_Vol_1_3_Textless.jpg

Another one would be Power Pack. Four little kids get superpowers and become heroes. Again, a premise like that has Disney written all over it.

PowerPack.jpg

Lastly I'd love to see an animated Runaways film. I know Marvel said they had a script for a live action one but from the looks of things, it probably won't get off the ground anytime soon. But I personally think it could work just as well in the world of animation. The characters all have very lively personalities, they're all a diverse group and plus the premise of a bunch of teens on the run from their supervillain parents would be an interesting premise for Disney to tackle.

What would you guys like to see?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I think Moon Girl would make a lot of sense. A Kamala Khan movie animated in the style of Frozen/Big Hero 6 would also be fun to see.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I think Moon Girl would make a lot of sense. A Kamala Khan movie animated in the style of Frozen/Big Hero 6 would also be fun to see.
    That would be cool. But honestly, I think Kamala's has a big enough profile to get the live action treatment. Thing again, stretching has always been a weird looking power in live action so that's something where animation would have an advantage.

I think "Nextwave" could be a super fun and wacky Disney flick that actually acknowledges its ties to the Marvel U. The tone would have to be aimed a little younger, but it could still work.

The Sam Alexander "Nova" could be great (especially the father/son dynamic) since they seem not so interested in Nova as a hero in the live-action MCU. Throw in a young female costar and a few supporting characters and it could work.

And yes to "Power Pack", "Runaways", "Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur" too.

Incredible Member

If they went animated, I'd want cel animation, not CG. And they won't go cell - they got rid of the last of their cell animation crew a few years ago.

BH6 worked, but it isn't the right style for more serious heroes that I would like to see: Cloak and Dagger, New Warriors, et al, unless you're talking about the type of CG that Bioware did for the "Star Wars: The Old Republic" trailers, which is hideously expensive compared to Pixar.

Oh...Even if I also think Kamala could/should have an live-action MCU version, the Disney one is actually a nice idea. With her being an Captain Marvel fan, it could actually show the Marvel movies/comics as canon in the movie universe, and she would be actually a Marvel reader

Moon Girl definitely needs to be an animated series or movie or SOMETHING. It's too good not to be.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

It could also work for Squirrel Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Moon Girl definitely needs to be an animated series or movie or SOMETHING. It's too good not to be.
    A girl and her T-rex, it sells itself.

Squirrel Girl for all the rage it would draw on these boards

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur's premise sounds like a Pixar movie anyway.

Not sure if Ms. Marvel could work, given her fangirl obsession is a big part of her character and I'm not sure how much would translate over to film

I didn't see "The Good Dinosaur" but would "MG&DD" seem too similar for Disney?

BANNED

MC-2 Spider-girl Universe....Sony deal or no, this deserves to be animated by Disney.

Also Loveless Groot Mini-series is a perfect Disney/Marvel project to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Squirrel Girl for all the rage it would draw on these boards

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur's premise sounds like a Pixar movie anyway.

Not sure if Ms. Marvel could work, given her fangirl obsession is a big part of her character and I'm not sure how much would translate over to film
    Well, that's quite simple, just linked her to the rest of the animated continuity like Ultimate Spider-man and Avenger Assemble

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I didn't see "The Good Dinosaur" but would "MG&DD" seem too similar for Disney?
    No it wouldn't. Since the premise of the Good Dinosaur is about a world where Dinosaurs never went extinct whereas MG&DD's premise is about a Dinosaur being brought from prehistoric times to the modern day via a magic artifact. Plus "The Good Dinosaur" is about a sauropod trying to find his way back home to his family (land before time much?) with his new pet cave boy. While MG&DD is about a little girl and a dinosaur teaming up and becoming superheroes and eventually friends.

There's plenty that makes the two different.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 01-09-2016 at 10:51 PM.

Spectacular Member

Power Pack would be perfect.

I want a live action Runaways so bad.

squirrel girl because she's already been in web warriors-ultimate spider man though i'd think she would be better in anime

Moon girl is a natural

runaways and power pack

Ms Marvel would be great too

with SG and MS Marvel they could have appearances of other heroes in, as they're both fangirls in their own way
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme