Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Check out DeBrincat lay out Cole. Cole is six inches taller and 50 lbs heavier. I don't know how to embed tweets, so here's the link:

https://twitter.com/CMS_74_/status/916125104387522560

That's hockey baby!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

In all the excitement of the awesome scoring by the Hawks in last night's game, I forgot to mention the Bryan Bickell moment. He stepped on the ice and took his "Last shift" around the UC. It was really cool for the Hawks to do that. I know I appreciate it as a fan.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

The Knights won their first ever game played tonight against the Stars. LOL!!! Fluery was unbelievable in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    It's final. 10-1 Hawks. Kane and Hartman each had 5 points, Schmaltz had 3 points. Saad scored a hat trick! The Hawks set a franchise record with 10 goals on opening night. Hopefully, the Hawks do this 81 more times in the regular season and also in the playoffs.
    Thank Goodness I got drunk and forgot there was a game on. Not that I think the Penguins aren't contenders, but this is a bit concerning. I mean it's just one game, but there is not many to look at yet.

Edit: Ever type the wrong "there" and feel like a moron?
    Last edited by Jackmando7; 10-07-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Only took 1:30 seconds into the game for Kane to score and put the Hawks up 1-0 over Columbus.

The Stanley Cup rematch tonight has been going the Penguins way so far. 3-0 Pens end of 2nd.

Hawks dominated the Jackets tonight 5-1. I know it's only two games into the season, but I can't temper my excitement. This team looks so much different than last year's team. They're faster, stronger and younger. Everything facet of the game they are playing well--offense, defense, PP, PK and goaltending.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Flyers topped Anaheim 3-2 in overtime last night as Wayne Simmonds notched the game winner and has four goals in the season's first three games.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ovie opened with 3 goals in the Caps' first game, added 4 more last night. 7 in two games. Also, Kuznetsov has assisted on each of Ovie's 7 goals.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Thank Goodness I got drunk and forgot there was a game on. Not that I think the Penguins aren't contenders, but this is a bit concerning. I mean it's just one game, but there is not many to look at yet.

Edit: Ever type the wrong "there" and feel like a moron?
    LOL. Yeah, I did that a few times.

Only took 1:30 seconds into the game for Kane to score and put the Hawks up 1-0 over Columbus.
    They won 5-1. One of my co-workers said on Friday they believed pretty strongly that Columbus would win. I was like "I think Chicago is going to win". I bet on the right horse

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    The Stanley Cup rematch tonight has been going the Penguins way so far. 3-0 Pens end of 2nd.
    I kind of wish I had the NHL Network. First Saturday night of hockey and I got to watch highlights from about 5 games. I realize that the MLB playoffs are on and the sports channel has to show highlights from all sports, but man...opening night and I get a flimsy set of highlights? Annoying.

Hawks dominated the Jackets tonight 5-1. I know it's only two games into the season, but I can't temper my excitement. This team looks so much different than last year's team. They're faster, stronger and younger. Everything facet of the game they are playing well--offense, defense, PP, PK and goaltending.
    Chicago is looking pretty strong, 2 games in. They look hungry, man.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Flyers topped Anaheim 3-2 in overtime last night as Wayne Simmonds notched the game winner and has four goals in the season's first three games.
    Love Simmonds. Really underrated goal scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    Ovie opened with 3 goals in the Caps' first game, added 4 more last night. 7 in two games. Also, Kuznetsov has assisted on each of Ovie's 7 goals.
    This is one aspect of the NHL being back that I am extremely happy with. I had a feeling Ovi would be coming back with a vengence, but I had no idea he would start off the season on such a dominating pace. He looks re-energized. I posted something a while back saying that the fire inside seemed have dimmed and calmed a lot. He used to play with such passion and energy and it was missing in the last couple of years. I am so glad to have it back. He's about 11 goals away from reaching Mike Bossy in all time goals. What a player! Welcome back, Ovi.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Tampa Bay Lightning is my favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Saw that. And loved it! I don't like the Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    WOW. And I thought Saad was on fire with 4 goals. 7 goals in the first two games? That's insane!

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Awesome. A lot of people have the Lightning to come out of the East as a finalist.

My Oilers lost 3-2 to Vancouver. I wish I could say that Vancouver got all the calls and the Oilers got robbed, but that was not the case. Oilers did not generate many scoring chances, looked slower than the Canucks and was all around ineffective.

I sincerely hope that Chiarelli does not think that this team will be carried every night by McDavid, Draisaitl and Talbot. The team all around looked lethargic. At the same time, I do not want to completely gloss over what Vancouver did, as the team looked really good. I think they have a good chance of exceeding expectations. They have quite a few potent young players with the likes of Horvat, Boeser and Virtanen. They have the Sedin twins who are always dangerous, no matter what. They got a pretty mobile defensive core in Edler, Hutton, and Stetcher. Gudbranson, if healthy all year, will be a strong presence on the blueline and they also added Del Zotto, who should also be solid.

I am hoping for better things tonight against the Jets, but in the back of my mind, I know the team that played on Saturday might rear it's ugly head.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    The Lightning have a good team this year. Stamkos is healthy.

Holy crap. The Colorado Avalanche just beat Boston Bruins 4-0. I am not saying that the Avalanche might surprise this season, as it is only a few games in. I think the low-expectations for this team were set way too low. I think they have a chance to surprise some teams. Most likely won't make the playoffs, but they might steal some wins. I am so glad that Yakupov found a spot on this team. I really like him and I am hoping he will thrive. He got two goals today. One was a called empty-net, but it doesn't matter. Go Yakupov.