Page 55 of 247 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    It is but he is holding on to her not near bloodstorm so yeah that is something. Lets wait and see if they show more.

I like her with short hair she looks more young like that but not too young. I love her with long hair too mix feelings lol
    I'm really not sure how much there is to this Tyke\Bloodstorm thing. It really just teasing and if you recall, at one time Scott and Ororo we're somehwat close and were able to share a lot. Given that this version of Storm has to keep in constant control and sees the world in red just like Tyke they have more touch points than the originals. Maybe that's all Bunn's really trying to do here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    It's my Mom so of course I love her. She's just a very formidable women.

My job pays the bills so yes, success there is helpful. Success here is measured by a different standard entirely.

I had to actually Google ableism. That's a realitively new one. I consider my approach to be more of a semi-passive resistance rather than a full on assualt on other people's opinions. Your way works for you but wouldn't for me and I suspect vice versa. If we have exactly the same views we could be good cop\bad cop but what would be the fun of that?
    Aww that's sweet.

I don't think it's possible for anyone to be successful in this forum. Everyone comes with preset opinions and it's almost unheard of that these views and opinions change.

I had a friend who was going blind so she would post lots of things on Tumblr decrying able-bodied, straight, white males (with a bunch of other descriptive words that I can't remember now) so that's how I learned about ableism. It hasn't really caught on too much yet.
    I actually have had more success with a "semi-passive resistance," as you call, to help teach one of my more bigoted friends. She was incredibly sexist (to women) and had a lack of knowledge about other cultures. She actually praised me, because she said I was one of the few who didn't instantly decry her, but actually took the time to listen to her and explain the faults in her line of thinking in a respectful way. It took a month, but I managed to convince her that Muslims weren't actually bad people, and that Muslim women aren't as repressed as they seem to be, at least not historically. I think she was a bit disappointed by the last part because her ideas were that Western women are the worst beings to ever exist in the world and that feminism is destructive.
    Of course you can only have so much patience with someone like this, so I lost it on her when she started to speak up about her views on blacks and Romani people. I think since then, I've mostly been stuck in "full on assault" mode.
    I think that describes Jean really well too, since she seems to be patient and one of those people who would make a deliberate effort to help people see the error of their ways. But eventually it can all be too much, when there is very little progress (even if the fact that there is progress is quite remarkable in the first place), and she blows up.

I'm really not sure how much there is to this Tyke\Bloodstorm thing. It really just teasing and if you recall, at one time Scott and Ororo we're somehwat close and were able to share a lot. Given that this version of Storm has to keep in constant control and sees the world in red just like Tyke they have more touch points than the originals. Maybe that's all Bunn's really trying to do here.
    I always view Cyke and Storm relationship like brother and sister. With Tyke and Bloodstorm Bunn might want to bring that relationship back. Jeen is not good at hiding her emotions when it comes to Tyke. Even when she is pushing him away she shows she loves him is like her actions contradict what she says. For me is that they are both young and trying to deal with their feelings. In Jean and Cyke, Jean was the one to push his shyness away.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Aww that's sweet.

I don't think it's possible for anyone to be successful in this forum. Everyone comes with preset opinions and it's almost unheard of that these views and opinions change.
    Well you've changed a few of my views somewhat and certainly made me aware of some bits of continuity I didn't know. I won't admit more than that since I still have my pride. You rarely use the hammer on me though and that may be part of the reason why. The hammer is a lot of fun to watch though. You've been in fine form lately.

I had a friend who was going blind so she would post lots of things on Tumblr decrying able-bodied, straight, white males (with a bunch of other descriptive words that I can't remember now) so that's how I learned about ableism. It hasn't really caught on too much yet.
    I actually have had more success with a "semi-passive resistance," as you call, to help teach one of my more bigoted friends. She was incredibly sexist (to women) and had a lack of knowledge about other cultures. She actually praised me, because she said I was one of the few who didn't instantly decry her, but actually took the time to listen to her and explain the faults in her line of thinking in a respectful way. It took a month, but I managed to convince her that Muslims weren't actually bad people, and that Muslim women aren't as repressed as they seem to be, at least not historically. I think she was a bit disappointed by the last part because her ideas were that Western women are the worst beings to ever exist in the world and that feminism is destructive.
    Of course you can only have so much patience with someone like this, so I lost it on her when she started to speak up about her views on blacks and Romani people. I think since then, I've mostly been stuck in "full on assault" mode.
    I think that describes Jean really well too, since she seems to be patient and one of those people who would make a deliberate effort to help people see the error of their ways. But eventually it can all be too much, when there is very little progress (even if the fact that there is progress is quite remarkable in the first place), and she blows up.
    Yes I can see you taking it upon yourself to educate those around you. Racial, cultural and religious differences are some of the hardest to understand and I find most Westerner's are ingnorant to the facts of growing up in Muslim predominate countries. I myself know far less than I should about such things so I try not to form too many preconcieved notions or form too strong an opinion. You were wise to educate yourself.

Don't take this the wrong way but I think as you grow older you'll probably find you take a more subtle approach to debate. Each recipient requires a slightly different approach to be successful and the anonimity of the internet rarely allows us to understand other parties like we could IRL. I suspect you're likely a touch softer in person but I could be wrong. The internet empowers strong views and stronger delivery. The perspective I know to be true is that just as Jean believes, there's a time for diplomacy and a time for war.

I always view Cyke and Storm relationship like brother and sister. With Tyke and Bloodstorm Bunn might want to bring that relationship back. Jeen is not good at hiding her emotions when it comes to Tyke. Even when she is pushing him away she shows she loves him is like her actions contradict what she says. For me is that they are both young and trying to deal with their feelings. In Jean and Cyke, Jean was the one to push his shyness away.
    More like wear it down I think lol. Yes I agree with the rest of your comment. We already know from history how Jeen and Tyke should feel about eachother at this point. "It's complicated" doesn't begin to cover it but there's certainly a love and attraction there that is much easier to see now than when Bendis was writing them.

More like wear it down I think lol. Yes I agree with the rest of your comment. We already know from history how Jeen and Tyke should feel about eachother at this point. "It's complicated" doesn't begin to cover it but there's certainly a love and attraction there that is much easier to see now than when Bendis was writing them.
    Tyke and jeen get a second chance at making it work with the love of their lifes why not take it. Tyke is now the one going after her in some ways that shyness he had is going away because he found out they get married. There is a issue with the 05 where magneto attacks and jeen and tyke get stuck together, she tells him is not no ones fault if he never asked her out. I think tyke and jeen where togethere before they got toss into the future. But then he was writing a letter for her in new x men just before beast gets there so i am confused if they where together or not.

BANNED

Well you've changed a few of my views somewhat and certainly made me aware of some bits of continuity I didn't know. I won't admit more than that since I still have my pride. You rarely use the hammer on me though and that may be part of the reason why. The hammer is a lot of fun to watch though. You've been in fine form lately.

Yes I can see you taking it upon yourself to educate those around you. Racial, cultural and religious differences are some of the hardest to understand and I find most Westerner's are ingnorant to the facts of growing up in Muslim predominate countries. I myself know far less than I should about such things so I try not to form too many preconcieved notions or form too strong an opinion. You were wise to educate yourself.

Don't take this the wrong way but I think as you grow older you'll probably find you take a more subtle approach to debate. Each recipient requires a slightly different approach to be successful and the anonimity of the internet rarely allows us to understand other parties like we could IRL. I suspect you're likely a touch softer in person but I could be wrong. The internet empowers strong views and stronger delivery. The perspective I know to be true is that just as Jean believes, there's a time for diplomacy and a time for war.
    I'm glad to hear that I had a positive effect on you then. Yes, perhaps since I actually respect you, I've been more civil to you than others. I'm glad to hear that someone appreciates my posts, especially after being told to stay away from the Cyclops thread.

There is a lot that Westerners, but mainly Americans are ignorant of, which is fine for me to say, since I'm also American. I'm glad I managed to convince this woman to change some of her views, although I definitely did not have it in me to rehabilitate her completely.

I didn't take it the wrong way and I definitely agree with you. I usually only bark like this when I'm very passionate about something, which tends to be Jean and the X-Men. As of now, I haven't really met anyone outside of the internet that's actually had similar tastes as me, and the ones who do, I generally agree with or they don't have much knowledge. Let's just say though that one friend of mine learned not to talk about Jean anymore to me when she made the mistake of saying that she didn't even like her very much. I'm generally softer in person, but usually I don't find reasons to blow up at so there's also that. I think I'd be more bark (or maybe even bite), if I had friends who had spouted to me some of the trash opinions that I've seen on here.

BANNED

Tyke and jeen get a second chance at making it work with the love of their lifes why not take it. Tyke is now the one going after her in some ways that shyness he had is going away because he found out they get married. There is a issue with the 05 where magneto attacks and jeen and tyke get stuck together, she tells him is not no ones fault if he never asked her out. I think tyke and jeen where togethere before they got toss into the future. But then he was writing a letter for her in new x men just before beast gets there so i am confused if they where together or not.
    Not sure how old they are now, but in some AU's, they married right before the second genesis team of X-Men came, so they could potentially be of that age to marry again.

That's a really good point I hadn't considered actually. Traditionally Scott was very cautions with Jean because he couldn't imagine she actually had feelings for him. Now that he knows he's been much more aggressive in his pursuit of her than his older counterpart was. If anything if actually a role reversal as Jeen has been the one who's pulled back and pushed Scott away. Good insight.

I'm glad to hear that I had a positive effect on you then. Yes, perhaps since I actually respect you, I've been more civil to you than others. I'm glad to hear that someone appreciates my posts, especially after being told to stay away from the Cyclops thread.

There is a lot that Westerners, but mainly Americans are ignorant of, which is fine for me to say, since I'm also American. I'm glad I managed to convince this woman to change some of her views, although I definitely did not have it in me to rehabilitate her completely.

I didn't take it the wrong way and I definitely agree with you. I usually only bark like this when I'm very passionate about something, which tends to be Jean and the X-Men. As of now, I haven't really met anyone outside of the internet that's actually had similar tastes as me, and the ones who do, I generally agree with or they don't have much knowledge. Let's just say though that one friend of mine learned not to talk about Jean anymore to me when she made the mistake of saying that she didn't even like her very much. I'm generally softer in person, but usually I don't find reasons to blow up at so there's also that. I think I'd be more bark (or maybe even bite), if I had friends who had spouted to me some of the trash opinions that I've seen on here.
    Sorry about your friends poor choice of words lol. I'm glad we tend to agree on about 90% of x-men topics so I don't have to deal with your wrath directly but it's still important for people who respect each other's opinions to voice their disagreements. I'm sorry you feel so turned off by the opinions of your fellow fans. This should be fun, or at least diverting way to enjoy being an x-men fan. If that's not the case you may want to think about enjoying this hobby a different way. I'm pretty sure you enjoy your time here though.

This is a verily niche hobby now days so I wish you the best of luck finding someone who share's your hobby, passion and opinions on the x-men IRL. That's a tall order.

Just finished reading the preview of JG 10. Any thoughts on how this is going to wrap up for baby Jean? Since she seems like the only hope for Jott at the moment, I'm hoping she sticks around but I've seen a lot of theories leading to here being gone post Phoenix Resurrection.

BANNED

Sorry about your friends poor choice of words lol. I'm glad we tend to agree on about 90% of x-men topics so I don't have to deal with your wrath directly but it's still important for people who respect each other's opinions to voice their disagreements. I'm sorry you feel so turned off by the opinions of your fellow fans. This should be fun, or at least diverting way to enjoy being an x-men fan. If that's not the case you may want to think about enjoying this hobby a different way. I'm pretty sure you enjoy your time here though.

This is a verily niche hobby now days so I wish you the best of luck finding someone who share's your hobby, passion and opinions on the x-men IRL. That's a tall order.

Just finished reading the preview of JG 10. Any thoughts on how this is going to wrap up for baby Jean? Since she seems like the only hope for Jott at the moment, I'm hoping she sticks around but I've seen a lot of theories leading to here being gone post Phoenix Resurrection.
    She's more of a Rogue fan, which wasn't a problem, when I thought she liked both but just liked Rogue way more. That clearly didn't end up being the case and it was nice to be the one talking down to the other for once in the friendship. She certainly was surprised, because I don't usually get like that with her, so I think she knew in that case it was better to shut up.

I probably exaggerated a little and there are some people on here that I like to verbally spar with, if that means anything. Although tbh, I don't find all I post here to be very fun all of the time, but I can't stand by and let false narratives be preached, especially since I'm already seeing people start to slowly grasp the truth. So it's all worth it then.

Yes, the MCU is in far more demand, but even then most people don't have much to say about it other than general comments.

I'm honestly done with Jeen at this point and just waiting now for Phoenix Resurrection. My only interest in her would be to bring back Jott, but I'd feel better about her if she fixed her hair.

That's a really good point I hadn't considered actually. Traditionally Scott was very cautions with Jean because he couldn't imagine she actually had feelings for him. Now that he knows he's been much more aggressive in his pursuit of her than his older counterpart was. If anything if actually a role reversal as Jeen has been the one who's pulled back and pushed Scott away. Good insight.
    magneto and professor x help Tyke out in some ways so he had better luck

1c.jpg

I like that Tyke is trying to win her back. Not that Jeen now is pushing him. I kind of like the new way they are slowly growing together.

my fav interaction of 92's x men lol

1as.jpg

BANNED

my fav interaction of 92's x men lol

1as.jpg
    Mine too lol. Plus the Christmas sweaters. I wish I could buy those.

Mine too lol. Plus the Christmas sweaters. I wish I could buy those.
    I never though about the christmas sweaters before lol
    now I kind of want to see Tyke and Jeen with them.