Page 37 of 150 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Specifically, old Rupert wants to sell. We don't know how the movie and TV people feel. They might be glad to be away from that old piece of ****.
    Good riddance to bad rubbish, I'd say:

... hopefully, soon, both pieces of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    You’re reading a lot into a speculative news story that has at best second hand paraphrasing of something Feige might have said, and even then the word used was “eager”. Why wouldn’t anyone at Disney/Marvel Studios be “eager” to incorporate the X-Nen into the MCU?
    it depends on the person who are anyone. a person like james mangold and ryan renyolds or young bryan singer? not so much. many fans of comic book worried by how the genre seem to be all about fun and jokes.

is not reading a lot, is reading between this lines. this dude just want to dump everything and just letch on xmen? Did he not see logan or the new mutants trailer and did he now now they he liked DOFP? and the elephant in the room that the people he works for dont make those type of movies?
    why should xmen be incorporated to the mcu when mcu cannot make their movies. it will end with a touchstone agreement. there has to be sense in the end of the deal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    it depends on the person who are anyone. a person like james mangold and ryan renyolds or young bryan singer? not so much. many fans of comic book worried by how the genre seem to be all about fun and jokes.

is not reading a lot, is reading between this lines. this dude just want to dump everything and just letch on xmen? Did he not see logan or the new mutants trailer and did he now now they he liked DOFP? and the elephant in the room that the people he works for dont make those type of movies?
    why should xmen be incorporated to the mcu when mcu cannot make their movies. it will end with a touchstone agreement. there has to be sense in the end of the deal.
    Do you mean Bryan Singer, the child molester?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenHero View Post
    http://www.ibtimes.co.in/sorry-deadp...on-deal-752102

''Sources have confirmed that Disney and Fox Studios have closed the acquisition deal. This means X-Men's Wolverine, Deadpool and Marvel Studio's Avengers will come under one roof.''

It's happening!

Nope! That's not a confirmation article. The headline is misleading. There mostly going of an older CNBC report of the deal nearing hence the wording an "announcement could made next week."

Sorry to burst your bubble. Wait til a site like Variety confirms the deal.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-07-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post

First of all, find me an article where someone said this.

Second, Why would Disney hand off the X-Men property to someone else when they already own the most successful superhero movie studio that exists?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Movies and TV are completely different. The Netflix shows for Marvel have been hugely popular and The Gifted has less than stellar ratings despite all the promotion and hype, while Legion was the only one that got good traction. So multiple MCU shows versus maybe 1 XCU show.
    The Defenders was the most recent, and the least watched of the bunch, iirc. Legion's ratings were nothing to brag about either.

Gawd, Jaddor going to get another thread locked. Can we please just ignore him when he's bashing the MCU? He LOVES Fox-men, everything about them and no one is going to change his mind. He's not a bad poster in other areas but lets discuss for instance how awesome it will be for Stan Lee when he sees his empire reunited. :')

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    The Defenders was the most recent, and the least watched of the bunch, iirc. Legion's ratings were nothing to brag about either.
    Thank you. Also, comparing The Gifted to the Netflix shows isn't even a good comparison. Those numbers aren't released so no one can gauge how well they're doing. Anyone from Marvel Entertainment or Netflix can come out and say: "They're doing wonderfully!" without having to back any of those statements up with actual numbers.

No I don't mind at all. I'm not sure what you are trying to say though. You claim Fox never had a vision because none of their films were official but then you say it's really Marvel. Fox doesn't have any of this stuff going on except for whitewashed New Mutants and Dark Phoenix, although I'd still cancel both of them if I could.

Spider-Man: Homecoming was not a waste and far better received than ASM1 and 2. Thor Ragnarok is considered the best in the Thor trilogy. Avengers vs X-Men is in the works, I guarantee you, even if it's the end of Phase 4, 5, or 6, or whatever, but it's coming. Messiah Complex was trash and can't work without House of M, which you would be against since it involves the Avnegers and thus other Marvel properties and you said you do not approve of that multiple times. Inferno also affected the entire MU in the comics. Since the event was supernatural, you can't possibly expect they'd go that route without including Doctor Strange or someone like that. I don't know what you mean that all of Pixar could be "scrapped by...its all animation." That makes no sense to anyone, and I don't think even you get that. What does animation have to do with anything here? Are you saying animation is expendable?

The X-Men have not outgrown the Marvel Universe. If anything, Marvel has all grown, leaving the X-Men far, far, behind and Fox-men fanatics like you have not grown with it either. Fox will be owned by Disney/Marvel, so the contract is sold to them as well. The rights is not even an issue here but you are making this up to appease yourself.

The Fox-men fans are in the minority and everyone outside of here is celebrating.
    Fox most certainly had a vision although it came to them rather late and almost by accident as a result of Deadpool's success. The original franchise was certainly a mess but Deadpool, Logan, X-force, Gambit, and New Mutants all appear to be seeking to carve out a niche that was otherwise not well developed in the superhero genre.

Movies and TV are completely different. The Netflix shows for Marvel have been hugely popular and The Gifted has less than stellar ratings despite all the promotion and hype, while Legion was the only one that got good traction. So multiple MCU shows versus maybe 1 XCU show.
    Not exactly true. Iron Fist was universally panned and not well received. Don't think Defenders was all that well received either.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Instead Comcast would be buying 20th Century Fox who in essence would keep their rights and their independence as a separate legal entity for which Comcast is the owner.
    That's what I think is the most likely scenario... I still don't think this deal will ultimately happen(I'd like it to). I do think we're bound to be disappointed when it's announced that Comcast beats Disney to buying most of Fox. But honestly I really couldn't care less about the X-Men in the MCU as Fantastic Four is the one that I really care about. The first family started the Marvel Universe there's a whole bunch of characters tied to the FF license that would be perfect for the MCU. With the X-Men? I can take or leave, really.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Fox most certainly had a vision although it came to them rather late and almost by accident as a result of Deadpool's success. The original franchise was certainly a mess but Deadpool, Logan, X-force, Gambit, and New Mutants all appear to be seeking to carve out a niche that was otherwise not well developed in the superhero genre.

Not exactly true. Iron Fist was universally panned and not well received.
    Nonsense. Everything MCU is perfect, even the separate-canon TV shows.
    Comply.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Thank you. Also, comparing The Gifted to the Netflix shows isn't even a good comparison. Those numbers aren't released so no one can gauge how well they're doing. Anyone from Marvel Entertainment or Netflix can come out and say: "They're doing wonderfully!" without having to back any of those statements up with actual numbers.
    Well the bigger issue is that Fox relies on ad revenue and the purpose of The Gifted is to generate Ad Revenue over the course of several weeks by being popular enough so that Fox can charge more fees to show ads during it being viewed.

The Netflix shows are a completely different model as Netflix doesn't have ads during the shows. They make their money by having pay pay to subscribe and the impact of any one show on the decision of someone to subscribe to the thousands of shows Netflix shows is almost impossible for us to determine.

And even if there was an impact, the fact is the shows come out all at once. So if I were that hard up to watch the Punisher, I could simply spend 9.99 for the one month, watch the entire Punisher series over that one month and then cancel my subscription at the end of that month. By contrast, for The Gifted, I have to tune in over 13 weeks.
    Last edited by remydat; 12-07-2017 at 05:52 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member

Inhumans is about on par with Fox's worst-I think it makes 2015's Fantastic Four look like Avengers

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I think Iron Fist was the reason why Defenders had such a low viewership.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    That's what I think is the most likely scenario... I still don't think this deal will ultimately happen(I'd like it to). I do think we're bound to be disappointed when it's announced that Comcast beats Disney to buying most of Fox. But honestly I really couldn't care less about the X-Men in the MCU as Fantastic Four is the one that I really care about. The first family started the Marvel Universe there's a whole bunch of characters tied to the FF license that would be perfect for the MCU. With the X-Men? I can take or leave, really.
    Yeah, because all the proof has been point that way :rolls eyes: