Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would you date or be firends with a telepath?

This doesn't have to be exclusive to x-men characters who are telepaths, but just psychics in general? For me it would be no for the most obvious reasons of not wanting people to read my thoughts.

I honestly don't know. On one hand it would be pretty cool and easy if the other person could always read your thoughts and thus you wouldn't have to explain everything to them since they'd always understand what you're trying to say and I imagine that it would be beneficial in a relationship at certain points. But then there's the other side. Would it even be a possibility for a relationship to last if the other person could always read everything you're thinking. There would be no possibility of telling white lies and you always need to be able to tell some white lies when it comes to women. lol. I guess my answer would be that I might be open to the idea as in I might try it out but I doubt it would work very well.

I would be of Jean or Emma.

I'd be friends with benefits any day with Jean or Emma.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    This doesn't have to be exclusive to x-men characters who are telepaths, but just psychics in general? For me it would be no for the most obvious reasons of not wanting people to read my thoughts.
    Who's to say you'd get the choice? Where telepaths are concerned, if they wanted you to be their friend or date them, they could just tweak your mind to make it your idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I'd be friends with benefits any day with Jean or Emma.
    Amen to that.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    If there were real-life telepaths, and I KNEW they existed. I dont know, I mean my first thought is I'd be scared out of my mind and try not to think coherently at all to confuse or disguise things. But that might not work and I'd probably eventually mess it up. So you just have to HOPE the telepath is a REALLY NICE person.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Isn't the answer really this?: if you claim you wouldn't be a friend, you're prejudiced against telepaths.

I whould only get close with a telepath, if he/she tought me how to guard certain secrets and toughts from them.
    To be honest, dating a telepath seems more healthy than having telepath friends, at least if its a serious relantionship I can show all my secrets and get the same thing in return (in a healty relantionship) and it whould be easier to talk and to realy know your partner. Besides, a good telepath can make things in bed REALY interesting.
    but having someone in my friends groups, no, it whould make everything a lot more tense than it should be.

BANNED

That depends... Do I have the mutant ability to block my thoughts from her or any telepath in general?

I love how people think first of Jean instead of Xavier when we talk about "telepaths".

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I love how people think first of Jean instead of Xavier when we talk about "telepaths".
    Isn't there an entire thread titled "Is Professor X a jerk?" Of course no one wants to be friends with him.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

If I was attracted to a guy who's a telepath and I trusted him not to abuse his power then I'd have no problem dating him. Personally though, I'd rather be the telepath. Telepathy and telekinesis has always been the super-powers I'd most like to have, as long as it doesn't come with that Phoenix levels of God-power baggage to deal with.

Oh for sure.

I'd purposely think the weirdest things around them just for trolly purposes.

BANNED

The reality is that a telepath wouldn't be friends with anyone. Think of all the mindless garbage that goes through your head. Think of all the offensive or sexual thoughts you have about any and everyone for good or bad and how you out of decorum don't voice most of it. Guys especially tend to sexualize everyone into one of three categories: do-able, do-able if drunk, and there isn't enough alcohol in the world. I doubt a telepath could stand the sheer idiocy, depravity, and offensiveness they'd be subjected to by any and everyone and would thus isolate themselves.

Even when it wasn't offensive it would drive the telepath mad. You get "we built this city, we built this city on rock and roll" stuck in your head and are repeating the chorus over and over and you not only drive yourself mad but the telepath who now is hearing you repeat and has it in stereo because they now have it in their head. And then when you finally get it out of your head something trips "I'm a Barbie Girl in a Barbie World, hooked on plastic, its fantastic" at which point the telepath murders you.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 06-24-2016 at 12:02 AM.