View Poll Results: Who has the best chance of a successful on-going solo series post-SECRET WARS

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

2 1.09%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

2 1.09%
  • ICEMAN [Robert ‘Bobby’ Drake]

34 18.58%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

7 3.83%
  • KAROLINA DEAN / LIGHTSPEED [Julie Powers]

7 3.83%
  • LIVING LIGHTNING [Miguel Santos]

2 1.09%
  • THE 'MIGHTY' DESTROYER [Roger Aubrey]

2 1.09%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

60 32.79%
  • MORPH [Benjamin Deeds]

0 0%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

20 10.93%
  • POD [Aikku Jokinen]

3 1.64%
  • RAWHIDE KID [Johnny Clay]

3 1.64%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan] / HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

36 19.67%
  • OR… resurrect FREEDOM RING [Curtis Doyle] and give it to him

1 0.55%
  • OR… out MONICA RAMBEAU and give it to her

4 2.19%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I hope Iceman's book does well. He's one of my favorite X-Men, but they tend to not do to well when they stray from the x-herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    I hope Iceman's book does well. He's one of my favorite X-Men, but they tend to not do to well when they stray from the x-herd.
    That's mostly because X-Men are designed to be team characters. They don't typically have their own supporting cast or rogues to help push the story. If Iceman is going to succeed it needs to be somewhat insular or at least find it's own direction away from the greater X-Men narrative.

It needs to take more cues from Ms. Marvel rather than Storm.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yeah, it just goes to show talking about issues helps.
    Agreed; it always helps to raise these issues and hopefully (in our own, small, CBR way) the message might be heard (even if only as a whisper)

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    DITTO! When I read Midnighter I remember being so jealous for DC fans; because I wished we had an out and proud gay solo series. So I am keeping my fingers crossed this can be that.
    #pleasepleaseplease
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Mighty Member

Moondragon and her journey to overcome her obsessive competitiveness/perfectionism at everything just enough to not alienate those around him (kind of like Omi from Xiaolin Showdown crossed with a Pre-Heresy Fulgrim).
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 12-23-2016 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Miss America is actually the perfect choice.

Getting high profile exposure through Ultimates, is both lesbian and Latina, has a fun power set for a Sliders style book (think something like that Dazzler book X-Treme X-Men) and is a kick arse character.

Have her take Kate along to make it a buddy book (this may mean her leaving Hawkeye) and boom, I think you have a fun premise for a good year or two.
    <sigh>

If only they'd followed THIS suggestion instead.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Oh, the irony... America was the most popular choice, and it turned out to be such a turn off for so many people. I haven't checked out the book yet and I hope I like it better than some, but yeah, it's definitely not the reaction I was expecting. Hopefully Iceman will be THE queer solo people have been waiting for.

Also, can we get a book for the next ones in the poll besides Iceman, please? There's so much potential for Wiccan and Hulkling with the established Demiurge and Space King mythologies. I don't know how no one at Marvel has thought of turning it into an epic mystical/cosmical duo book.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Also, can we get a book for the next ones in the poll besides Iceman, please? There's so much potential for Wiccan and Hulkling with the established Demiurge and Space King mythologies. I don't know how no one at Marvel has thought of turning it into an epic mystical/cosmical duo book.
    Oh yes please.
    It can easily be a DUO book, but then give each of them separate arcs to follow or alternate between. Teddy can pursue the Excelsior stuff with the Knights Infinite and his extraterrestrial heritage and Billy can further expand upon the familiarization of his powers by visiting assorted magical realms and magical authorities.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

YES, that's exactly how I think a Wiccan & Hulkling duo book should be. I know a lot of people have some issues with them always being associated with each other, but a duo book with a split narrative would be better than a solo book of just one of them with the other just being the background fiancé. Unless both of them got solos, which, let's be real, is very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh yes please.
    It can easily be a DUO book, but then give each of them separate arcs to follow or alternate between. Teddy can pursue the Excelsior stuff with the Knights Infinite and his extraterrestrial heritage and Billy can further expand upon the familiarization of his powers by visiting assorted magical realms and magical authorities.
    Yeah, going with the young lovers separated by duty angle would be neat. Start them together for the intro arc, have their storylines force them apart for one arc (because keeping them apart for too long would be cheating the audience), then bring them back together for the magical, interdimensional space opera finale.

Astonishing Member

Oh yes please.
    Love this idea

These are 2 of my fave characters from marvel in "recent" years and their shared mythos you describe would be fun imo

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Love this idea

These are 2 of my fave characters from marvel in "recent" years and their shared mythos you describe would be fun imo
    Thanks.

RIGHT? I mean, there is such a wealth of riches to mine from for stories.

Teddy's got:
    Further exploration of Excelsior, the Knights Infinite history, his being the reincarnation of Dorrek Supreme. All of that.
    There is always potential for a space/time contiuum caper involving enemies trying to undo his birthright by keeping Mar-Vell and Anelle apart.
    The oh-so-necessary RESCUE OF XAVIN from the Majasdenians.
    Revisiting Kl'rt's (the Super Skrull from the original YA run) impersonation/standing in for Teddy amidst the Skrull empire and his whereabouts.
    Meeting and Genis-Vell or Phyla-Vell.
    A potential run in / crossover with the Inhumans and Noh Varr on their quest through space for Terrigen in Royals

Billy's got:
    Further examination of the source of his power -- mutant? magical? other? IS there a source?
    His destiny as the Demiurge.
    Further exploration of his relationship with Tommy and their shared connection to Mephisto and Wanda and Vision.
    Further exploration OF Tommy by way of his brother tagging along? Where is Tommy from? Who were his folks? etc etc etc. (BRO)ad Trip!
    Branching out to other magical realms (Asgard?) and authorities (Strange? Wanda? Voodoo? Nico? Loki? Enchantress?)
    Connections to other mutants/magicians (Magik? Pixie? Amanda Sefton?)

Astonishing Member

Thanks.

RIGHT? I mean, there is such a wealth of riches to mine from for stories.

Teddy's got:
    Further exploration of Excelsior, the Knights Infinite history, his being the reincarnation of Dorrek Supreme. All of that.
    There is always potential for a space/time contiuum caper involving enemies trying to undo his birthright by keeping Mar-Vell and Anelle apart.
    The oh-so-necessary RESCUE OF XAVIN from the Majasdenians.
    Revisiting Kl'rt's (the Super Skrull from the original YA run) impersonation/standing in for Teddy amidst the Skrull empire and his whereabouts.
    Meeting and Genis-Vell or Phyla-Vell.
    A potential run in / crossover with the Inhumans and Noh Varr on their quest through space for Terrigen in Royals

Billy's got:
    Further examination of the source of his power -- mutant? magical? other? IS there a source?
    His destiny as the Demiurge.
    Further exploration of his relationship with Tommy and their shared connection to Mephisto and Wanda and Vision.
    Further exploration OF Tommy by way of his brother tagging along? Where is Tommy from? Who were his folks? etc etc etc. (BRO)ad Trip!
    Branching out to other magical realms (Asgard?) and authorities (Strange? Wanda? Voodoo? Nico? Loki? Enchantress?)
    Connections to other mutants/magicians (Magik? Pixie? Amanda Sefton?)
    they could headline a new run of tales to astonish or journey into mystery bouncing around the marvel universe

I would love this

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    they could headline a new run of tales to astonish or journey into mystery bouncing around the marvel universe

I would love this
    I would love them to call it "Excellent Adventure". You know, because their names are Bill and Ted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    I would love them to call it "Excellent Adventure". You know, because their names are Bill and Ted.
    A very not bogus idea☺

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Lots of buzz that Mar-Vell is returning soon.

That could mean some Teddy time
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God