Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Titans #4 Preview

http://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-...t-in-titans-4/

Yeah...i don't know how i feel about Linda being a damsel so quick....

i've really tried hard to like this book but the bad characterization and weak villain have made it difficult to get excited about. maybe they should have made a "Return of Wally West" mini series separate from the main Titans book.

I was enjoying the book until this honestly. Team was top notch, characterization was on point and I loved Kadabra in Waid's Flash.

But this is the most bland route Abnett could have taken the story. I hope Kadabra won't be involved "too much" in Wally's erasure. His motives and speeches took a nosedive.

Seriously what is it with Flash books and losing steam at the end? Anyway I hope issue will be better than the preview.

Looking good from where I'm sitting .

I'm loving what Abnett's doing with Kadabra. I just wish this was less Wally focused and more team-focused, though I guess that's the consequence of having the book deal with the returned Wally.
    Last edited by Frontier; 10-24-2016 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looking good from where I'm setting .

I'm loving what Abnett's doing with Kadabra. I just wish this was less Wally focused and more team-focused, though I guess that's the consequence of having the book deal with the returned Wally.
    Yeah same here, I love Wally but I kinda wish his return already happened but I won't complain. I got my favorite characters back together again on my favorite team.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Well, preview really doesn't feel like this is anything but an additional Flash book.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    i've really tried hard to like this book but the bad characterization and weak villain have made it difficult to get excited about. maybe they should have made a "Return of Wally West" mini series separate from the main Titans book.
    Yeah. A mini-series would have been brilliant for Wally, he can get all the focus without anyone getting annoyed and the Titans could be about the actual team.

This also could have shuffled to main Flash book too. But I think they wanted to use Wally to sell this team. I'm not bothered, we had tons of Raven and Donna focused arcs before, it's a change of pace.

I'm more worried about Kadabra's writing than the team, really.

BANNED

The problem isn't Wally centricness, the problem is that this book has no purpose other than to to lead in to a story that's years away from happening. This team exists because they used to hang out decades ago so they're hanging out now. It may have worked as a one shot but not as a series. When this book gets a purpose beyond feeding bread crumbs for Rebirth then it will actually become good.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    The problem isn't Wally centricness, the problem is that this book has no purpose other than to to lead in to a story that's years away from happening. This team exists because they used to hang out decades ago so they're hanging out now. It may have worked as a one shot but not as a series. When this book gets a purpose beyond feeding bread crumbs for Rebirth then it will actually become good.
    This isn't totally true. If Abnett could handle the characterization better and Booth was better at drawing "down time" I would be more than okay with a book that was 60/40 superheroics/hanging out.

This doesn't feel like a team book though, its Flash and the Titans.

Problem is establishing Wally into DCU proper is important, especially with Flash franchise gaining momentum again. This should have been the first arc of Flash instead of Godspeed stuff and THEN they should have put Wally to Titans. I think this was more on marketing than organic storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    This is contradictive.....Finding out time heist IS a purpose, maybe not the kind you like?

I'm hoping this team becomes more involved with timeline-cosmic matters instead of same villains, kinda like Ultimates to JL's Avengers.
    Last edited by Waterfall; 10-25-2016 at 06:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Problem is establishing Wally into DCU proper is important, especially with Flash franchise gaining momentum again. This should have been the first arc of Flash instead of Godspeed stuff and THEN they should have put Wally to Titans. I think this was more on marketing than organic storytelling.

This is contradictive.....Finding out time heist IS a purpose, maybe not the kind you like?

I'm hoping this team becomes more involved with timeline-cosmic matters instead of same villains, kinda like Ultimates to JL's Avengers.
    Finding out the heist is a waste of time, the main beats of that story will be covered 2 years from now. This book should be about why these characters are hanging out now, the "we used to hang out and we're bros" excuse doesn't work, the circumstances that got them together back then are no longer applicable now. How long will they continue to define their teams purpose using the stolen time non sense? and what exactly is the pay off? eventual restoration of Pre-Flashpoint continuity from the looks of it. Why not just restore their history in the first issue properly and have them move on? this book is just a place holder, a mega filler.

I just don't really get why they're friends other than the fact that they are supposed to be.

Like I would love to see a well written scene of Wally talking to Nightwing about how awful it is that the love of his life doesn't even know him, and what he should do in that situation.

Why do they keep swapping out the covers at the last minute? (its only annoying because i prefer the original solicit cover)I hope the next months cover is real because the November solicits were revealed after kadabras reveal.

The Problem with the wally focus is that no one else is doing anything worthy of note and they are not even acting like a team. The Thought boxes are most to blame since that should not be used in a team book where the character is supposed to be interacting with different people. I am reading Wally West thoughts, having him be at the forefront of the story with the other Titans sharing page time with their puppet controlled duplicates. This should have been a Return of Wally West mini-series with a Titans book following as others have stated. The main problem with the Titans Franchise post COIE was the doom and gloom added with the constant continuity fixing/changing stories for Donna Troy, Raven etc.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

My problem is although I like the book I don't absolutely love it, which is the exact same reaction I've had to these Titans books over the years, and the art is a big turn off to me as well. Between the two I think I'll be dropping this very soon.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 10-25-2016 at 10:26 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG