Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Supposedly he has pants/the labcoat look at some point.
    Cool, although I meant more about his physical design. I never liked his face in ASM1

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah, plus its really nameist when you think about it. If I were an Otto, I'd be embarrassed to even see the movie! Besides, Peter Parker is an odd name itself, and Ned is nerdy as heck for a modern name. Michelle Jones is ok I guess, she's got the least ridiculous name of all four of them.
    Maybe it's more that his villain name is also Dr. octopus

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Maybe it's more that his villain name is also Dr. octopus
    I guess that only really makes sense if he tells them that, although Otto never called himself Dr. Octopus in the movies.

I guess that only really makes sense if he tells them that, although Otto never called himself Dr. Octopus in the movies.
    Yah it would be weird for Otto to introduce himself that way. It was just a press thing in his universe. Maybe I could see him introduce himself and then say that the press used to call him by that other name. But I have to assume Otto wasn't too fond of the moniker.

I'm also kind of wondering if the arms still control him to an extent or if he now overrides them completely. Seems like because at the end of SM2 he said "I will not die a monster" and sank the reactor thingy that the latter is true and he can now make his own decisions and is sane.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-17-2021 at 07:34 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

These are supposedly variants, so they may not have the same origins/personality/etc.

I still think Dr. Strange is rather suspect.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Tom Holland says that it's time to pass the mantle to Miles. What? He's only 25. I can see Tom playing Spidey at least two more times.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Tom Holland says that it's time to pass the mantle to Miles. What? He's only 25. I can see Tom playing Spidey at least two more times.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    You're not too old to play Spider-Man until you literally have a class room of 30 year-old adults tucking their knees under little desks built for teenagers.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah it would be weird for Otto to introduce himself that way. It was just a press thing in his universe. Maybe I could see him introduce himself and then say that the press used to call him by that other name. But I have to assume Otto wasn't too fond of the moniker.

I'm also kind of wondering if the arms still control him to an extent or if he now overrides them completely. Seems like because at the end of SM2 he said "I will not die a monster" and sank the reactor thingy that the latter is true and he can now make his own decisions and is sane.
    Did Raimi's Octavius even read the papers? I thought he just holed himself up in the warehouse and did Shakespearean monologues with his tentacles!

What would they even do with Miles? Other than age him up so they don't do high school Spider-Man again.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Dudes probably just burnt out. Give him a year or 2 break between SM 3 & 4 and maybe he’ll be good to go for another trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Did Raimi's Octavius even read the papers? I thought he just holed himself up in the warehouse and did Shakespearean monologues with his tentacles!
    He sounds like a big anime fan!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Y'know, I wonder if Jonah might be the final member of the six. Spider-slayer Jonah, that is.

Or maybe Tinkerer, who gives Ock and the others upgrades, maybe with Chitharu tech.

Too bad Michael Mando might never get to be Scorpion
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

I mean, it's not like Peter Parker hasn't had a dozen movies. While this version is too young in a way, it's not necessarily true of the Multiverse.

What would they even do with Miles? Other than age him up so they don't do high school Spider-Man again.
    They shouldn't have done it in the first place. We already saw high school Peter twice. Yet the other contemporary Avengers are now in their 30s, 40s & 50s (and with Jan & Hank, even older!). Ideally Miles should've been the high school MCU Spider-Man to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Y'know, I wonder if Jonah might be the final member of the six. Spider-slayer Jonah, that is.

Or maybe Tinkerer, who gives Ock and the others upgrades, maybe with Chitharu tech.

Too bad Michael Mando might never get to be Scorpion
    Tinkerer sounds kinda lame, and Jonah usually isn't outright evil, so much as antagonist
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 11-18-2021 at 03:56 PM.

^He was in Homecoming and didn't go to jail. Maybe he doesn't have to be part of the six but maybe their tech support.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Dudes probably just burnt out. Give him a year or 2 break between SM 3 & 4 and maybe he’ll be good to go for another trilogy.
    I do think Holland is serious. He will quit by the time he is 30 as he says. Probably because Holland sees the writing on the wall about how comic films are perceived in the industry, the fear of been typcast and also maybe the subconscious truth Holland knows His Spiderman can only stick around and have his stories written around a disney formula which offers little growth for the character.

if anyone tries to doubt this point, Disney is planning to make a Spiderman cartoon in his freshman high school year. they do have a thing for making sure, Spiderman never becomes a proper adult, which is going to become an issue for Holland who in many close range shot of the newest trailer for no way home, he does not look like a teenager anymore, so why should he stick around when he turns 30 for real in real life? even if a new trilogy is considered, will Holland's Spiderman be in college? at 30, he will still be trying to pass for an 18 year old college kid? I dont see that happening. Again, cannot help but commend Sam Raimi approach to the character and his series.

In the second act of Spiderman 2, mary jane already had a fiancé, harry was running his father's business. peter was having mid life crises, trying to keep his house and support Aunt May. The characters had grown a lot between 2 films, so it did not matter much that Maguire and Franco were in their late 20s in the second film. they looked the part and did act the part. Holland has had 6 movies and he is still doing high school stuff. I can see why Holland (the actor) is ready to say good bye to the character in about 5 years.
    Last edited by Castle; 11-18-2021 at 04:23 PM.