Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I suppose it is not feasible that we just drop this insane MCU hatred thread drift that makes actually posting on topic impossible?
    I've found if you discuss the MCU in any thread on this board it will eventually turn into this.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    Its not batman music. Its poor music from hoemcoming. That does not add to the story telling.Ah, spiderman belongs in the action comedy genre? Haha. Best joke ever.Do you know why it is a lie and pure nonsense? 2 crucial reasons.

1. His most famous and most important storyline ever was ...the night gwen stacy died. No joke there
    2. His very dangerous and formidable villains gallery who kicks a lot of hiss assesss. No joke there.
    3. His most famous Spiderman TAS animation was not comedy at all

that cartoon got very complex and quite gritty, that marvel had to censor a lot. https://ap2hyc.com/2015/09/top-6-rid...imated-series/

You don't censor action comedies unless they are r rated.

Homecoming is action comedy because it had to appeal to the kids had to be on purpose very idiotic and generic.How did TAS come up with a better spiderman than homecoming?So not ultimate? One did, I am sure of it.

And the cringeness continues, correction Disney wanted this Spiderman to not be intelligent- they gave him iron man suit and put him in high school and made aunt may hot and not having him fight like any real person would?
    Raimi spdierman is intelligent because he made his suit and knows how to fight with this strength and is always conflicted between his two sides..he is not there to impress anyone talkless of stark. he wanted to impress MJ and learned the hard way.

First 12 pages was not pretty positive. No one called it the best spiderman movie ever, it was more mixed. since this is the real world. Oh boy, this is just awful the state of mcu. So much lies and rewrite of history of spiderman amazing mythos. The same tactics was used in xmen, it failed. it does hurt the mcu credibility
    And the X-Mens most famous story is the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix saga. Does that mean they are some type of space opera? No, it's the most famous story because of how it was written and the development it's development for the characters. Also Spider-Man is mostly a jokey character who faces hard ships in his life especially when he gets older. That Spider-Man your talking about is a college student who's been at the superhero game for years. Also please tell me how your aunt is suppose to be this fragile old woman who can barely handle herself? Cause last time I checked if you a teenager aunt's and uncles are suppose to be around there 30-40's.

Ultimate Member

It is funny, and the bad guy didn't steal his suit from a Power Rangers set.
    The Spider-Man suits, both the home-made one and the Stark one look way better.

Also, vastly superior music. Sorry, I love Danny Elfman, but he dropped the ball on that one. Oh, and it most actors don't look 10 years older than the characters they play. And it has webshooters.

That is so not what "high stakes" means.

When you have a dude who want to use the Power Gem to obliterate a planet, that's high stakes. Tone doesn't come into it.
    Not to mention a better actor playing Spider-Man, a villain who has actual defined and believable motivations, and a better female lead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    And the X-Mens most famous story is the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix saga. Does that mean they are some type of space opera? No, it's the most famous story because of how it was written and the development it's development for the characters. Also Spider-Man is mostly a jokey character who faces hard ships in his life especially when he gets older. That Spider-Man your talking about is a college student who's been at the superhero game for years. Also please tell me how your aunt is suppose to be this fragile old woman who can barely handle herself? Cause last time I checked if you a teenager aunt's and uncles are suppose to be around there 30-40's.
    spiderman jokes around but he is more sarcastic than cheesy kids comedy.

you mean like raimi was in college too? why was mcu so obsessed with high school again?

wrong about aunt may, aunt may was always drawn quite old in the comics and was like that in tas.

she was not in her 30 or 40s, that is lie.

do you know all the lies you people tell just makes mcu looks even more worse than film makers say they are?

Ultimate Member

Ultimate Aunt May was in her late 40's to early 50's, and quite spry for her age as well. Also she's that way in the current cartoon as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    I've found if you discuss the MCU in any thread on this board it will eventually turn into this.
    And it is always the exact same poster. Who is probably banned for doing this under another screen name.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    They are also the most famous stories because they stand out from the usual X-Men and Spider-Man stories in theme and tone.
    Spider-Man is not about dead girlfriends and being all emo and depressed and super serious while fighting complete evil to the death.

BANNED

They are also the most famous stories because they stand out from the usual X-Men and Spider-Man stories in theme and tone.
    Spider-Man is not about dead girlfriends and being all emo and depressed and super serious while fighting complete evil to the death.
    so you did not know the impact of gwen's death?

no spiderman is not emo or been depressed, but most of the time he is super serious and yeah he fights evil to death.

what raimi did was strike a good balance of all the sides of spiderman and his world. Homecoming is just that so raven rebooted.

this is one of the last ever fights of spiderman in the TAS cartoon, this is not make it into any mcu movie.

Looked at spiderman's reaction, tell me if it is a joke or action-comedy.

ah, looks very much like the of the raimi movies.

BANNED

There are no words to express how much I do not care for the hopelessly watered down 90's cartoons based on various Marvel comics.

BANNED

I am happy I found this thread because I have important add on. please we all should read this . film director david fincher on mcu movies and the negative impact it has on movies and hollywood.

David Fincher Criticizes Marvel Studios’ Filmmaking Approach. anther film makers say mcu movies have no plot or real substance and is neither adult or complex or tell compelling stories. (hey, i say this all time too) funny because this are all the praise the movies such as X2 and DOFP gets.

take it on David

“Look, there’s a very large talent pool of people who are- don’t feel there’s much for them in terms of sustenance working for Marvel. And I think that if we can make a playground for them that is thoughtful, adult, interesting, complex, challenging stories and figure out ways to pull them into it, there’s a chance at something that isn’t lassoed and hogtied by three acts. And there’s something else that doesn’t have to be 22-minute half hour or have a cliffhanger. I think it is an exciting time.”

https://heroichollywood.com/david-fi...arvel-studios/

I thought of this because he would have been a good choice for a gambit movie thanks to fight club. but again another high ranking film director tells us how bad mcu movies are to film making and criticizes their content and story. oh, can all this veterans film makers be so wrong, I don't think so.

There are no words to express how much I do not care for the hopelessly watered down 90's cartoons based on various Marvel comics.
    but Homecoming is even more watered down than the 90s cartoons .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    I am happy I found this thread because I have important add on. please we all should read this . film director david fincher on mcu movies and the negative impact it has on movies and hollywood.

David Fincher Criticizes...
    Do you know what an appeal to authority fallacy is? Because you use them a lot.
    Also, Finch went on to slam all of Hollywood in that interview, and the specific things he doesn't like about Marvel also apply fully to the Fox-verse. He right now thinks that places like Netflix are the place to be.

but Homecoming is even more watered down than the 90s cartoons.
    It's not actually.
    The X-Men cartoon is a retelling of specific X-Men comics, watered down.
    Homecoming tells its own story. It's its own thing. There is no comic you can point to to say, "look, the original version of Homecoming was much deeper with more deaths".

And it has the only version of the Vulture ever I can take seriously.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

They would let the current creative take the wheel. Just look at Legion and Gifted.

it wouldn't make sense for mutants to appear out of nowhere in the current MCU. They'd be better off keeping them separate for the moment and waiting until both the franchises need a reboot to merge them then.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    They would probably be more influenced by offshoot comics like Ultimate X-Men. The Fox movies started before the change of management at Marvel, so they draw more heavily on the Claremont comics than the MCU does on pre-2000 comics.

Also I think judging from what the MCU has done with Spider-Man, the MCU's X-Men approach would be more youth-oriented. The characters would be younger and it would be more like a teen drama. They don't approach all their movies that way, but I think they would go for something like that with X-Men to make it younger and hipper, especially if they got the X-Men back but Fox kept Wolverine (much like Sony has held back some Spider-Man characters).

And it would probably ease up on the time travel and try to make the movies easier to follow, because the MCU is not known for complicated storytelling; for better or for worse, they like simple stories.
    I loved Ultimate X-Men, so I'd be totally fine with what you just suggested !
    People would scream about mutants being the off-shoot of a failed governmental experiment though.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    it wouldn't make sense for mutants to appear out of nowhere in the current MCU. They'd be better off keeping them separate for the moment and waiting until both the franchises need a reboot to merge them then.
    Mutants did suddenly appear out of nowhere in the 616... With later retcons inserting characters like Wolverine and Apocalyps into older history. Just saying.