Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Right?! It's nuts.
    But to bring it back to Ben...let's not forget another Spider-Man story that happened during the 00s..."The Other: Evolve or Die", in which Peter is killed by Morlun and resurrected as the Other. In 616, Kaine befalls this fate, and was resurrected as the Other later on. If Zdarsky is alluding to that, I'm thinking Ben may be sharing Kaine's fate in this series.
    Wouldn't be the first time they've mixed Ben and Kaine together, but this might be the first time they've leaned more to Ben then Kaine.

Right?! It's nuts.
    But to bring it back to Ben...let's not forget another Spider-Man story that happened during the 00s..."The Other: Evolve or Die", in which Peter is killed by Morlun and resurrected as the Other. In 616, Kaine befalls this fate, and was resurrected as the Other later on. If Zdarsky is alluding to that, I'm thinking Ben may be sharing Kaine's fate in this series.
    Also remember, this takes place in 2006, the same year (if I'm remembering correctly) when The Other was released, right before Civil War, which basically shows that is exactly what this is referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Ben Reilly gets brutlaly and anticlimatically killed off in the previews and the point of discussion is over how old a 59-year old Mary Jane looks. Makes sense.
    It's pretty embarrassing...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention how Peter immediately prioritizes everything but his family.

Oh, and Peter's beard. Tony Stark has facial hair. Failed Reed Richards has facial hair. Maybe facial hair in this universe is a sign of failed morality or something .
    (Honestly, that's what we should be talking about, lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Ben Reilly gets brutlaly and anticlimatically killed off in the previews and the point of discussion is over how old a 59-year old Mary Jane looks. Makes sense.
    on the subject of ben, i think it mostly works. its somewhat anticlimactic but it’s also not his story

personally, i would have had ben almost take down morlun before being “red vipered” and beaten. if only to make the point that ben, as peter’s exact duplicate and spider-man for a decade, is no less capable than him...and maybe to add a touch more pathos.

on a tangent, this ben is more angry than his 616 counterpart
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    on a tangent, this ben is more angry than his 616 counterpart
    He might be projecting to come off tougher in his old age.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He might be projecting to come off tougher in his old age.
    possibly, or it could just be a manifestation of the way his life went. he was pretty aggressive in the last issue too
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Right?! It's nuts.
    That's an interesting idea I thought too, but there's a catch. You see, both Peter AND Kaine suffered this fate in 616. Only thing is that, as consequence of Mephisto's deal in One More Day, history changed and Peter never suffered that transformation. In Peter's case, he became more spider but remained mostly human, while the Other became "Miss Arrow". In Kaine's case, however, Kaine became more Spider than Man, having something like a were-beast case. If I have to guess, I believe Ben will suffer Peter's case and become "more spider but remaining mostly human", which could take us to Miss Arrow debuting.

Most than anything, I want Peter's family staying safe from both, "Civil War" (no assassination ordered by Kingpin) and Morlun (who could track Spider-Man's family to catch him).

By the way, I just though about something. Ben unmasked is really a big problem for Peter, but I believe we could have something better than "One More Day" to turn it back. First, if Ben suffers the Other's evolution, it means Peter Parker AND Spider-Man can still appear in public. Second, if Ezekiel is still alive, maybe he will help Peter AND save his company from Stark. (Although, Ezekial was quite old when he debuted, and if Peter is already old here, how old could Ezekiel be?). And third, if radiation is still Morlun's weakness, we could have the key to his defeat in "Life Story #3". I mean, in Pennsylvania, it fells a nuke, right? Well, if the place is irradiated like Chernobyl or something like that, Peter could trick Morlun to bring him here to defeat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Also remember, this takes place in 2006, the same year (if I'm remembering correctly) when The Other was released, right before Civil War, which basically shows that is exactly what this is referencing.
    Exactly! That year was picked for a reason!

Astonishing Member

Exactly! That year was picked for a reason!
    Still, the synopsis said "The superhero CIVIL WAR rocks the world!", which means Morlun must have attacked when the war already started.

By the way, I forgot another "way out". Do you remember that, because of the Civil War, the Skrulls' Secret Invasion was discovered? This could also work as a way out of this mess for Peter because Ben was unmasked, using the Skrulls as a excuse.

Also, I hope they will show us that just like Mayday (MC2) and Annie (RYV), Peter's twins also have spider-powers.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 07-12-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

*Sorry, double post and I don't know how to erase it*

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Still, the synopsis said "The superhero CIVIL WAR rocks the world!", which means Morlun must have attacked when the war already started.

By the way, I forgot another "way out". Do you remember that, because of the Civil War, the Skrulls' Secret Invasion was discovered? This could also work as a way out of this mess for Peter because Ben was unmasked, using the Skrulls as a excuse.

Also, I hope they will show us that just like Mayday (MC2) and Annie (RYV), Peter's twins also have spider-powers.
    By the way, I hope they will show us that just like Mayday (MC2) and Annie (RYV), Peter's twins also have spider-powers.
    You got a point there with "Secret Invasion". There are so many major events that happened in the 2000s for the Marvel Universe. I'm thinking Zdarksky may just use the ones relevant to Spidey. But I could be wrong! I can't guess anything in this series and I love it. As for the twins, one of them will no doubt have spider-powers. Maybe not both though.

Astonishing Member

You got a point there with "Secret Invasion". There are so many major events that happened in the 2000s for the Marvel Universe. I'm thinking Zdarksky may just use the ones relevant to Spidey. But I could be wrong! I can't guess anything in this series and I love it. As for the twins, one of them will no doubt have spider-powers. Maybe not both though.
    That'd be an interesting twist! A bit akin to Superman/Batman Generations where spoilers:
    Clark and Lois' daughter Kara had powers and became Supergirl, while their son Jonathan was exposed to Gold Kryptonite as a fetus, grew up without powers, and resented his sister and father
    end of spoilers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    That'd be an interesting twist! A bit akin to Superman/Batman Generations where spoilers:
    Clark and Lois' daughter Kara had powers and became Supergirl, while their son Jonathan was exposed to Gold Kryptonite as a fetus, grew up without powers, and resented his sister and father
    end of spoilers.
    Yeah, but that doesn't work here. Both twins WILL have powers, one way or another. Question is, what it could "awake them".

+ Mayday's powers (MC2) didn't awake until her teen years, similar to how mutant powers awake with puberty.
    + Litle Benjy's powers (MC2) were probably awaken sooner because of him being exposed to Carnage's symbiote. (Gosh, that was a sick story!).
    + Annie's powers (RYV) were probably awaken when she was a kid because of either being exposed to Venom's symbiote or because of the inhibitor chips designed by Peter to hide her from the Regent's scanners and stuff.

So, considering these twins had quite peaceful lives, far from their father's enemies and the dangers than come with them, maybe they didn't manifest them yet. But with Morlun and the Civil War possibly calling at their home?, I bet they will awake them.

Yeah, but that doesn't work here. Both twins WILL have powers, one way or another. Question is, what it could "awake them".

+ Mayday's powers (MC2) didn't awake until her teen years, similar to how mutant powers awake with puberty.
    + Litle Benjy's powers (MC2) were probably awaken sooner because of him being exposed to Carnage's symbiote. (Gosh, that was a sick story!).
    + Annie's powers (RYV) were probably awaken when she was a kid because of either being exposed to Venom's symbiote or because of the inhibitor chips designed by Peter to hide her from the Regent's scanners and stuff.

So, considering these twins had quite peaceful lives, far from their father's enemies and the dangers than come with them, maybe they didn't manifest them yet. But with Morlun and the Civil War possibly calling at their home?, I bet they will awake them.
    How do you know both of the twins will have powers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    How do you know both of the twins will have powers?
    There's no reason to believe one of them won't have powers. I mean, they are both Spider-Man's kids, and his powers doesn't come from an unpredictable gen like Mutant's Gen-X; which can make one twin have powers, and the other don't. This is a mutation than involves radiation, like the Fantastic Four, so there's no reason for one twin having powers and the other one being "normal".