Page 462 of 667 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That's like saying "A Doberman is safer in a neighborhood with kids than a Pit Bull..."

How about the kids get to live in a neighborhood that doesn't have a Doberman or a Pit Bull in it?
    You're a dogist. You don't deserve dogs.

Extraordinary Member

https://nypost.com/2019/08/14/wild-v...brian-cashman/

And a white 1 percenter gets police guns pointed at him because cops think he stole his own car.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Highest housing debt, higher than 2008.

Bond market flashed higher than 2008. The benchmark T-note broke below the 2 year rate, worse than 2008.

Citigroup down 6%. Bank of America, 4.3%, J.P. Morgan ... 3.5%. The banks are in free fall today.

And all the other things I've been talking about the last few weeks are happening today.

The equity market is on borrowed time after the yield curve inverts, which means we're 6-18ish months away from a recession.

Welcome to the Trump Recession.
    I'm wondering if today will be the day without a "bounce back" the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I'm wondering if today will be the day without a "bounce back" the next day.
    It's going to happen anytime between now and 18 months from now due to the inverted yield ... 6 months seems to be most people's guesses ... and 2 days in a row will be followed by a steady drop.

Make sure your savings account is healthy.

October 2007 looked like August 2019, and September 2008 rolled in. So there's a long window for the same market. But this one has been more volatile, has a stupid self-inflicted trade war, and the housing market has a higher debt ratio then when the last one hit. So this one could happen faster, be longer, and cut deeper.

But the Trump Dump is coming.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-14-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's going to happen anytime between now and 18 months from now due to the inverted yield ... 6 months seems to be most people's guesses ... and 2 days in a row will be followed by a steady drop.

Make sure your savings account is healthy.

October 2007 looked like August 2019, and September 2008 rolled in. So there's a long window for the same market. But this one has been more volatile, has a stupid self-inflicted trade war, and the housing market has a higher debt ratio then when the last one hit. So this one could happen faster, be longer, and cut deeper.

But the Trump Dump is coming.
    Down 800 now.

Extraordinary Member

Once again. I hate Trump

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Once again. I hate Trump
    I love that he is calling the guy he hired clueless.

What's that say about you, chief?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Iowa Farmers Turn on Trump After Feeling the Sting of China Tariffs

This is happening mmore and more as Farmers are reaching a breaking point.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Will the Trump Dump be contained in the USA ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Will the Trump Dump be contained in the USA ?
    Sadly not, when it hits the fan everyone's going to be covered in trouble.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Normally I stay away from threads like this. As I come here to relax and news threads dont fill that role. But something is really bugging me. And that is Jeffrey Epstein.

I was in prison for four years. In hat four years we had three suicides. Non of those inmate got an Fbi probe into their deaths. No officer was ever fired or placed on leave. In one case one of the inmate told the officer he was going to kill himself. The officer just laughed and told him to go away. That night the inmate hung himself. He was back at work the next day. Why all the over the top investigation into his death? I know what he did was horrible and he needed to face justice. I mean congress is calling for a probe. What is it about this guy that makes him so special. He is not the first human trafficker to die in prison. Does it have to do with the fact that he was so rich that he is getting treated special? It really upsets me to see this man getting so much special treatment.
    My take:

The average civilian neither knows or cares about exactly how fucked up the Prison System is.

Its way easier for those people to believe that there was a concerted effort from various parties to silence Epstein than it is to believe that this is the standard level of oversight
    in Jail but this time somebody well known killed themselves while the Guards did **** all about it.

So now heads have to roll because people for the first time ever NOTICED the screw ups and corruption.

People wanted to see Epstein go to trial because he was rich and maybe had dirt on other Rich dudes that he might have informed on to save himself.

Now people are denied all that so somebody has to be responsible for it.

Police Officers shot in Philly, standoff at a house. Shooter is inside, the police have it surrounded.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Police Officers shot in Philly, standoff at a house. Shooter is inside, the police have it surrounded.
    And for good measure it's near a major university.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/14/u...niversity.html
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Reports from news stations are chaotic at best, but word has it six officers were shot, but no fatalities. Neighbors near the scene say something like a hundred shots had been fired by the shooter, perhaps an assault rifle. Another report said it all began with a search warrant that went south.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!