Page 632 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1325325826226286296306316326336346356366426827321132 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 17573
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    People were telling me that I sounded authoritarian because I wanted to vote the moderates out of the Democratic party. This is guy is saying he wants a progressive politician to have a heart attack.
    The only person pushing the narrative that Paul wanted Sanders to have a heart attack is you. Voting all the moderates out of the party isn't very democratic, and will make the Democrats a niche party, rather than a Big Tent that's required for them to compete on the nationals scale with the Republicans. Progressives don't have the numbers, otherwise they'd be higher than a single digit in congress and no elected leadership positions.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Bernie Sanders Scores Decisive Win At 2020 Nevada Democratic Caucuses

The senator is the clear front-runner in the Democratic primary, and demonstrated his strong support among working-class Latinos. Beyond the crowing by Sanders acolytes who are increasingly getting on my nerves with their unwarranted attitude, let's see if Bernie can maintain his momentum which can be fickle. Once again, if he's the candidate come November, I'll vote for him. The BIG picture is beating Trump, and I don't care who gets the job done.

It’s A Great Day For American Democracy

Despite the freakout from TV pundits, the Nevada caucuses are a cause for optimism in dark days. Perhaps the great experiment known as Democracy isn't dead yet.

Trump Security Adviser Unsurprisingly Says He’s Seen No Evidence Of Russia Helping Trump

Robert O’Brien denied that Russia is trying to interfere in the 2020 election in Trump’s favor, and brought up Bernie Sanders’ 1988 honeymoon in Moscow. Talk about idiocy, but then, that's what Trump henchmen specialize in spewing.

Election-Year Trump Says He’s Ready To Float Farmers On Another River Of Taxpayer Cash

He again falsely claimed that the bill would be covered by tariffs “coming into the country,” when tariffs are actually paid by U.S. importers and consumers. Let's see, Republicans hate welfare, but their Dear Leader wants to give farmers just that. Typical two-faced bullshit from the GOP.

Dick Van Dyke Urges Fellow Way-Past-Boomers To Vote For Bernie Sanders

The 94-year-old screen legend quipped that “somebody younger, like Bernie, is just the perfect candidate.” Heh! Gotta admit I got a chuckle out of that.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-23-2020 at 02:35 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Listen at this point your best alternative is Biden who has failed to win a primary state in multiple elections across his career and Bloomberg who is a Republican that they entire progressive wing won’t vote for. And 4 years ago an establishment candidate who was in the Obama administration and ran as a third Obama term lost. So realistically you never had a good option
    I've got no real skin in the game besides geo-political stability, I'm busy dealing with the Trump rip-off installing eugenics fanboys in my nation after the Socialst progressive I voted for got utterly crushed because the fools decided that scary white people took precedence over people dying in the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That's happens to front runners, they get attacked for being on top. Did you think this when Biden was the front runner? Sanders is supposed to be a fighter, not to fragile that he can't take competition in a primary. Children being in cages is no excuse for everyone to surrender to Sanders, he certainly didn't give Hillary that courtesy.
    Paul says he wants Bernie to have another heart attack and your first instinct is to tell us that front runners get attacked.

What happened to denouncing people? Can't you do it when it's one of your fellow anti-Bernie posters?
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

People were telling me that I sounded authoritarian because I wanted to vote the moderates out of the Democratic party. This is guy is saying he wants a progressive politician to have a heart attack.
    No you sounded like an Authoritarian....because you sounded like an Authoritarian. Shouting "Fall in line or leave" "We will destroy you" etc etc (paraphrased of course) does not the most democratic party make.

Though I will say I dont agree with Bullion, but I understand where he's coming from. To him Bernie is an obvious failure who will inevitably lead to more Trump and the misery he will cause. None of us cant say we dont wish Trump would just leave already.
    Last edited by jetengine; 02-23-2020 at 02:39 AM.

The only person pushing the narrative that Paul wanted Sanders to have a heart attack is you.
    He admitted it.

You don't want him to die, but you do want him to suffer another heart attack and you hope won't kill him.

That's so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    It would save many innocent lives. It's an easy choice.
    There is no other way to interpret his post.

Voting all the moderates out of the party isn't very democratic
    Voting isn't democratic?

Last edited by Superbat; 02-23-2020 at 02:42 AM.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

By your logic then Hillary should have as well because she actually lost. You are literally being despicable right now because you aren’t getting your way and revealing what many of us thought about all your rhetoric for the last few years. You don’t care about all the shit Trump is doing. You don’t care about who is best positioned to beat him. You just want to win your way or no way.

If a Trump wins, don’t ever complain about anything his admin did. You are complicit
    Can you imagine how much better the world were if left wingers had not pushed for Nader?

He admitted it.

Voting isn't democratic?

I believe the issue is less voting ans more 'one voice only'
    Democracy should allow all ideas to thrive not kill all but progressives

It’s disgusting that babies are literally in cages because of the Trump administration and you are so upset at not getting what you want that you are attacking the frontrunner. We need unity now.
    We are doing that because we will see more babies in cages with a front runner with too much baggage to beat Trump/Pence. Don't you ideologues DARE take the moral high road. You will get people killed with your purist views and your social experiment.

All with the help of Putin's bot army, as we know now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    No you sounded like an Authoritarian....because you sounded like an Authoritarian. Shouting "Fall in line or leave" "We will destroy you" etc etc (paraphrased of course) does not the most democratic party make.
    No sorry that doesn’t work here. The same people wishfully talking about Sanders having a heart attack are the same people that went around for several years trying to shame people for daring to say anything critical of Hillary because of the impact of Trump. So no. Right now people are just revealing who they really are and what we suspected. It was never a two street of a call for unity. It was bs gaslighting. We all knew that, but now it’s just confirmed

The only person pushing the narrative that Paul wanted Sanders to have a heart attack is you. Voting all the moderates out of the party isn't very democratic, and will make the Democrats a niche party, rather than a Big Tent that's required for them to compete on the nationals scale with the Republicans. Progressives don't have the numbers, otherwise they'd be higher than a single digit in congress and no elected leadership positions.
    Paul and I just want his doctors to tell him that the risk of another heart attack is too big if he takes on this stressful role. It's quite apparent that running for president is not healthy for the man. He should go home and fish.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Paul and I just want his doctors to tell him that the risk of another heart attack is too big if he takes on this stressful role. It's quite apparent that running for president is not healthy for the man. He should go home and fish.
    Yeah, that would be the best option. Healthy Sanders, healthy country. Kumba-fucking-ya.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I believe the issue is less voting ans more 'one voice only'
    Democracy should allow all ideas to thrive not kill all but progressives
    If they can keep winning elections they'll remain in the party but don't expect us to treat them any better than they treated us.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Extraordinary Member

We are doing that because we will see more babies in cages with a front runner with too much baggage to beat Trump/Pence. Don't you ideologues DARE take the moral high road. You will get people killed with your purist views and your social experiment.

All with the help of Putin's bot army, as we know now.
    People on this board said a long ass time ago that Hillary couldn’t beat Trump and they got told they were being divisive. She had more support from Sanders voters than she gave to Obama and she still lost. So no. It’s just sour grapes cause people aren’t getting their way. If people meant what they said they would show a unified front like they screamed at progress to. But no you’ll spend the next few months periodically entering the thread to take a shot at the person most positioned to face Trump and create division. You don’t really care, you’d rather him win than win in the way you don’t like.

His doctor's haven't told him that and they would know better than you.

Your candidate not being able to beat Sanders is not a reason for him to leave. Pick a better candidate next time.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us