Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    Before OMD he didn't have a child.
    And that's a reason for the writers to not let his balance his life?

That is what I'm talking about...

For the writers, having a wife and a child is a reason for not letting Spider-Man be the hero he was before OMD...

And after seeing every hero being killed by the Regent, there was nothing else that could be done also... So, he would also had died if he went with the avengers...

This Spidey is NOT the same Spidey that was on the raft in Secret Wars #3. Just like there are different versions of different characters scattered all around Battleworld, this Spiderman and the current 616 Spiderman are not one and the same.

Or am I wrong?
    Pull List
    Marvel - All Marvel.
    Image - Saga, Walking Dead

Creator and host of Informal Talks podcast at InformalTalks.com and on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    How adorable was baby Annie in her DD pajamas?
    Very! I wonder why he's her favorite.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XFan View Post
    This Spidey is NOT the same Spidey that was on the raft in Secret Wars #3. Just like there are different versions of different characters scattered all around Battleworld, this Spiderman and the current 616 Spiderman are not one and the same.

Or am I wrong?
    You are correct. The 616 Spidey emerges from the life raft in SW #3. The Spidey in RYV is different, as are all other Battleworld versions.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    You are correct. The 616 Spidey emerges from the life raft in SW #3. The Spidey in RYV is different, as are all other Battleworld versions.
    you think this Spidey will encounter 616 Spidey?

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOK78 View Post
    you think this Spidey will encounter 616 Spidey?
    Maybe, I'm guessing as the series moves on there will be a lot of bleed through with heroes encountering their alternates. It's got to be called Secret Wars for some reason.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

It felt like the comic really went out of it's way to say "this isn't the married Spider-Man you're looking for" so I felt kind of disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    It felt like the comic really went out of it's way to say "this isn't the married Spider-Man you're looking for" so I felt kind of disappointed.
    exactly. was hoping for a continuation of what hav\e felt like marvel universe with married peter instead of

"what if everyone dies and peter quits being spider-man"

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    exactly. was hoping for a continuation of what hav\e felt like marvel universe with married peter instead of

"what if everyone dies and peter quits being spider-man"
    Only the first issue. He obviously becomes Spidey again.

Wow, didn't expect it to go where it did in the first issue. That was quite a start! Looking forward to see what is next! This could definitely lead to cool things considering the cover for part 4. Or not. We'll see.

BTW... Perhaps the claim of this being "THE LAST SPIDER-MAN STORY" only pertains to the first issue?!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Yeah, same here. Feels more like an attempt of saying that "SEE, Peter can't be Spidey and married at the same time! SEE!".

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, same here. Feels more like an attempt of saying that "SEE, Peter can't be Spidey and married at the same time! SEE!".
    I didn't get that vibe. It may only mean he can't be Spidey with a kid...

... unless that kid also has powers and is able to defend herself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Seeing as this is only the first issue, I'd wager that the rest of this series will show how he can manage to juggle both. Certainly, we will see him become Spidey again. And having Peter (temporarily) quit being Spider-Man has been a staple of the series since the Lee/Ditko days. And it had nothing to do with the marriage then. It's always about Peter being unsure where his responsibilities lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Only the first issue. He obviously becomes Spidey again.

Wow, didn't expect it to go where it did in the first issue. That was quite a start! Looking forward to see what is next! This could definitely lead to cool things considering the cover for part 4. Or not. We'll see.
    yeah. he def will be spider-man but i'm more eh about the writing off all the other heroes. feels like a what if isntead of a what we would expect with no OMD

Well that was grim.