Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

All Star Squadron
    RCO036_1621966048.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Pretty hilarious how this thread went silent as soon as the many doubters were proven wrong. I don’t mind saying I told you so because I’m sure everyone here is happy to have the JSA back.

(Any second now majorhoy will show up to complain that it’s not the ‘real’ JSA.)
    I'll wait in reserve on that, but did they say yet whether it's definitely a series that starts this August?

We may have to wait until tomorrow to see if this an actually scheduled run yet; if it's an ongoing vs. a mini-series; etc.

For all we know, it could just be a tease for something that may be coming in the "near future".

And yeah, I'm not sure how thrilled I am about it at this point. Need to hear more to decide if it has been worth waiting this long for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'll wait in reserve on that, but did they say yet whether it's definitely a series that starts this August?

We may have to wait until tomorrow to see if this an actually scheduled run yet; if it's an ongoing vs. a mini-series; etc.

For all we know, it could just be a tease for something that may be coming in the "near future".

And yeah, I'm not sure how thrilled I am about it at this point. Need to hear more to decide if it has been worth waiting this long for it.
    Actually my assumption would be October or September, given how Alan Scott's big role in Infinite Frontier is finding missing JSA members, some of whom I'm assuming will be on the line-up, and September is when the final issue of Infinite Frontier comes out.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm gonna wait till an official announcement as this will be another empty tease with empty promises for the moment. I'm not gonn have false hopes till DC officially confirm that the JSA is returning.

Once there is official confirmation, I'll be happy because I kinda like the line-up and the fact that Cyclone is there.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    All Star Squadron
    RCO036_1621966048.jpg
    lol, Pat's old costume does look a bit like Wally doesn't it, I can see why they used him for this spoof of Where's Wally.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Pretty hilarious how this thread went silent as soon as the many doubters were proven wrong. I don’t mind saying I told you so because I’m sure everyone here is happy to have the JSA back.

(Any second now majorhoy will show up to complain that it’s not the ‘real’ JSA.)
    Your continued optimism when it comes to this company is very admirable. As for me, DC has screwed with the property and the fans for so long that I can’t help but be cynical. It’s been nothing but constant teases and empty promises for years now. I’ll believe that this book is launching when it’s actually on the shelf.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 05-26-2021 at 07:40 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

It went silent before that, and all discussion about the new team has taken place in the other thread, if you'd bothered to look before trying to be snarky.

Boisterously Confused

I'll freely admit my surprise and wrongness. With that said, I would say that schadenfreude is not a good look on anyone, but one of the driving forces behind it is alleged to be "justice," and I don't see where you've got any toward the major.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Actually my assumption would be October or September, given how Alan Scott's big role in Infinite Frontier is finding missing JSA members, some of whom I'm assuming will be on the line-up, and September is when the final issue of Infinite Frontier comes out.
    Well, we've had the September and October solicitations now. . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, we've had the September and October solicitations now. . .
    When (IF?) DC starts a new JSA series, I expect it to be with enough press that we don't miss the announcement. They've been playing around with hints and teases for so long that a Justice Society #1 won't quietly appear deep in a month's solicitations.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    When (IF?) DC starts a new JSA series, I expect it to be with enough press that we don't miss the announcement. They've been playing around with hints and teases for so long that a Justice Society #1 won't quietly appear deep in a month's solicitations.
    Depends on how many new Bat-books get introduced in the same month. . .

This from another thread . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    JSA Series not happening according to Bryan Hitch

https://mobile.twitter.com/THEBRYANH...97607155290115
    However, that comment by the poster doesn't tell the whole story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    The JSA series is not being drawn by Brian Hitch according to Brian Hitch.
    And the actual reply by Hitch on Twitter was:
    Not with me, I’m afraid. Tried but it didn’t come together.
    6:51 AM · Aug 6, 2021
    So we still have to wait and see if/when anything further may ever happen towards the JSA getting their own book.

NOTE: For all we know, something could still be announced in the near future, just not with Bryan Hitch involved at this point.

I love the JSA. Love em. I am really hoping DC gets their $hit together and gives us a ongoing by the end of the year.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member

Batman and the JSA,

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Batman and the JSA,

from DC Special #29 (August-September 1977)