Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ducktales 2017

Default Ducktales 2017

The hour pilot is one for the next 24 hours on Disney XD.

So far they have mentioned Cape Suzette, Saint Canard and Spoonerville plus a commercial showed louie drinking pep and we saw a gold sun coin and one of the construction bots in scrooges garage

If they bring back Darkwing Duck ill tune in. Duck tales/Tale Spin/Rescuers were shows i liked as a kid but not enough to get back into now. Darkwing had the added bonus of being a parody of batman. Also Gargloylee disney, season 1 was a masterpeice. If you wont go live action bring it back to tv. But keep Shakespearian angle dont dumb it down for kids.

Ultimate Member

I thought that there was some talk lately about bringing Darkwing Duck back...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I thought that there was some talk lately about bringing Darkwing Duck back...
    I hope they bring back all of those old 90's Diz Toons.

Well they mentioned saint canard in the Ducktales pilot which is Darkwing's home town and supposedly the creatures said Darkwing will appear. I think we even saw an image of the rat chatcher at Disney's mini con before comic con propper.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If they bring back Darkwing Duck ill tune in. Duck tales/Tale Spin/Rescuers were shows i liked as a kid but not enough to get back into now. Darkwing had the added bonus of being a parody of batman. Also Gargloylee disney, season 1 was a masterpeice. If you wont go live action bring it back to tv. But keep Shakespearian angle dont dumb it down for kids.
    It's been confirmed Darkwing is going to appear and St. Canard (along with Cape Suzette, and Spoonerville) was mentioned in the first episode.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

Loved the premier. It was 1/3rd a reboot of original, 1/3rd stuff from the comics that the original show left out, and a final 1/3rd of modern reinvention.

I know all the in-jokes and references are being discussed online, but I haven't seen anyone mention an obvious one: in the classic cartoons Donald wears a blue sailor shirt, but in the comics (to simplify the printing process?) he always wears a black version of the same basic sailor shirt. In the pilot Donald starts out in the blue shirt, the blue shirt is destroyed, and by the end of the episode he's acquired the black shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Thank you for posting that. I didnt think i wanted to see it but after watching it i really liked it. Now i wish i had DisneyXD lol

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Yea I Saw this On YouTube a few Days ago and all I have to say is ~~~~~~ DANGGGGGGG THAT WAS GOOD!!!

Seriously, I had some High Hopes for this but They Really Pulled this one out! I Like the Voice Actors and the Most Critical Scrooge was well done, he has the Old yet Youthful Energetic Old-Man Style down very well. I don't watch yet Doctor Who, but the Good Doctor sold me on his Scrooge Really Well, Well Done. ;-)

I like the fact they are giving the Nephews and Webby their own personalities, while I like them in the original they where really clones, but here they are Creative with each one and extremely likable! Also the guy playing LaunchPad was PERFECT and his Comedy made me LMAO So Much! XD

I can go on with this, but Everything Was Great, I was a Fan of the Original and One of My Favorite Disney Afternoon Shows!

I am Proud to say this Show has Me Hooked Already!

Please let us know when the next one comes out on TV!

Also, Really Like the New Intro and Theme, Just as Catchy as the Original! ;-)

DUCKTALES WOOOO-HOOOO INDEED!

Last edited by CJStriker; 08-22-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Spectacular Member

It was okay, but the voices were too jarring for me to get over. Scrooge's old voice actor was too iconic in the role. They could have found someone with a bit more of that tone. Launchpad didn't sound right either. Donald always sounds like Donald..... it just gave me an off vibe. None of the other character changes bothered me. It made me break out some old school Ducktales right afterward, actually.... good times.

Mighty Member

I remember the old "Ducktales" fondly... in an ocean of astonishingly bad cartoons with bad art and even worse writing... this show felt like a honest-to-goodness real cartoon.

okay, I'm exaggerating. but if you watch all of "G1 Transformers", 80s "G.I. Joe", "the Smurfs", and top it off with "Rubic: the Amazing Cube" then the majesty of "Ducktales" becomes more readily apparent. XD

hope the reboot turns out better than that dreadful Powerpuff Girls reboot.

Mighty Member

Indeed! Ducktales with Alvin and the Chipmunks, Dinosaucers, Smurfs, New Adventures of Mighty Mouse, Gummi Bears, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers and Wuzzles were creator driven shows back then in the 80s to break ground in a sea of shows based on merchandise like TFs or GI Joe or He-Man and also with Thundercats which was an original idea with Thundarr and there was Real Ghostbusters which was writer driven by good writers and won an emmy even for some satire and those shows sparked off the creator driven animated shows of the 90s and all that.

Getting ready to watch the first new episodes of the show. Day trip of Doom introduction of the Beagle Boys and The threat Dime Chase introduction of Gyro Gearloose
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

This show is practically perfect in every way. So far though I am not a huge fan of the villains
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"