• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post

Don't think Jen intended for this to be Storm, but I think it's a close match for a cosmic-magical Ororo. What do you all think?
    This is perfection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    This is perfection.
    It's not perfection cos it's not Storm. Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    these are all great ideas but how as readers can we drive her to be in these stories? it really seems like the solo will be doomed from the start especially if they continue to use her in the fashion they are currently doing. i mean at this current point she is irrelevant. it frustrating because she shouldn't be but frustration wont make the status quo change. it honestly feels like a hopeless cause.
    I think you are taking on too much Kyss. I would love it if we had the answer but.....we don't. And while we do the right thing by making our wishes and support known to Marvel we can't frustrate ourselves over what we ultimately don't have much influence over, let alone control. As much as Marvel would deny it the X-Men as a whole have not been irrelevant to the influential events of the MU and generally stagnant for some time (all of our other comparative character examples aren't in the same boat). They still sell books better than most other properties so they are still here. Fans obviously care. In so many ways this Disney/Fox deal is so crucial to Storm's future and revitalization. No question in my mind that if the deal fell through that Storm (and the X-Men) will continue to remain on a path of self-contained irrelevance.

I am all for doing everything we did last time but Marvel needs to spend time building up Storm's impact/relevance the same way they did:

Captain Marvel
    Medusa
    Black Widow
    Falcon
    Scarlet Witch...

And THEN launch her solo when she has had time to re-resonate with readers. Hell if Marvel ever gave me a contract to just give story plot ideas to help develop Storm I'd happily take the side job and do it for FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    "You can always judge a man by the quality of his enemies." Oscar Wilde

I think the villain thing is a great point.

Shadow King
    Adversary
    Belasco
    Dracula

While Storm certainly has a connection to the above baddies and they all should be a part of her rogues gallery, when these villains are mentioned, I don't think Storm would be considered their arch-nemesis. Not like they way The Res Skull is immediately associated with Captain America, or Green Goblin to Spider-Man or the Mandarin to Iron Man.

Here are the primary heroes I associate with the villains above:

Shadow King - Xavier
    Adversary - Forge (Storm didn't actually beat him. He was summoned and sent back by Forge.)
    Belasco - Illyana
    Dracula - The Van Helsings

The only character that Storm does truly have as an arch enemy is Callisto and I will never see her as an real threat to Storm.

Storm needs a baddie of her caliber and a story with high stakes that pushes her and her powers to the limited to go to the next level.
    Agreed. I'm not opposed to her engaging a well known villain (good for her connection to the MU as a whole) but I do think she needs her own villains, and she has some options from her history + breadcrumbs for new ones:

- Deluge
    - Khan
    - New External (Sister of Candra)
    - Elias Bogan (his defeat would not have happened if not for Storm and her splinter team - he is ripe of fleshing out)
    - Uncle Shetani
    - The DeRuyters (give the old man sons to take up his mantle)
    - The African Gods & there minions that call her a betrayer
    - Daughter of Achmed El Gibar
    - Alien race of the Varden, allies of the Brood, sworn enemies and hunters of the Acanti
    - The Raven's Claw (would probably come up with a better name), world spanning criminal organization with SHIELD level tech and caliber of henchmen

I think we have a lot to pull from her history and have the foundation to create new ones.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

If they will create a new powerful villain for Storm, i prefer a guy with flight, energy absorption and superstrength. Just like Vulcan.

The good thing with a superstrong and flying villain who can absorb energy is that we get to see more action like the villain will fly straight up to Storm and Storm is limited to evading from the enemy's punches and kicks and even use ice or wind to evade or shield herself from attacks. And we might see Storm using her powers differently like a concentrated ball of lightning or wind on her hands so she can punch the enemy with stronger force too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    The bone sword, you mean?
    Yeah, sorry about that message sounding odd, speed texting from my phone at work.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Yeah, sorry about that message sounding odd, speed texting from my phone at work.
    I have the same problem.

BANNED

I hope Chad Bosewick is kind enough to inform and promote about the upcmoing ongoing solo series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    "'Black Panther' Reigns With Early 100 Percent Rotten Tomatoes Score"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ercent-1082554
    I hope Disney will think about giving Storm her own movie too.

Everyone keeps talking about what kind of powers and abilities they want Storm to have. None of that sh!t matters. All you're going to end up with is an uber-powerful Storm that no one wants to write because they'll have to keep topping the feats they did last story arc to appease an increasingly rabid fan base. And in the process, she will become a caricature of herself(See Wolverine for proof).

I get it, we want a badass Storm doing awesome stuff. I'm a comic fan. I want to see cool stuff too. But let's not Dragon Ball Z Storm. I'm sure I'm in a minority of one when I say this but I don't want an omega, cosmic, magic, telekinetic, invulnerable, immortal Storm with a healing factor that will let her regenerate from a glob of saliva.

I do want a powerful Storm but not to the point where she starts to look like a mary sue. And I'll say it again. Don't let her series read like a Vertigo title. It won't last long.

Okay, I know what's coming my way so I'm ready......

There's no need to discuss stuff happening in other threads thank you very much. It will give me less of a headache. Keep this thread to Storm discussion and not about other posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Everyone keeps talking about what kind of powers and abilities they want Storm to have. None of that sh!t matters. All you're going to end up with is an uber-powerful Storm that no one wants to write because they'll have to keep topping the feats they did last story arc to appease an increasingly rabid fan base. And in the process, she will become a caricature of herself(See Wolverine for proof).

I get it, we want a badass Storm doing awesome stuff. I'm a comic fan. I want to see cool stuff too. But let's not Dragon Ball Z Storm. I'm sure I'm in a minority of one when I say this but I don't want an omega, cosmic, magic, telekinetic, invulnerable, immortal Storm with a healing factor that will let her regenerate from a glob of saliva.

I do want a powerful Storm but not to the point where she starts to look like a mary sue. And I'll say it again. Don't let her series read like a Vertigo title. It won't last long.

Brace yourself. I completely agree . Glad to see some like minded fan.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Brace yourself. I completely agree . Glad to see some like minded fan.
    Ha! It's nice to have back-up!

I've never had tea at this temperature before.Attachment 61752
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

I'm not in this category. I just want a nice Balanced Storm yes i'd like to see her full potential and explore her powers more, but truth be told Storm already powerful as it is.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-07-2018 at 08:22 AM.

BANNED

I disagree with you. How can Storm save and protect our planet if she encounters powerful villains like Thanos and Galactus? Even Meggan and Invisible Woman was able to hurt/beat Galactus.

Even Thor is extremely powerful yet still interesting. Same with Superman and Wonder Woman. Isnt Nova very powerful too?