Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And gods yes the Titans need to get beyond the nostaliga thing. That's choked them to death over the last....twenty-ish years?
    I've recently realized that it's a shame that the DC series set in the main canon (alas, often the only regular canon these days) all have to take place at the same time. I think it would be neat to have a Teen Titans book set in the present with the group still in their iconic roles (Dick as Robin, Donna as Wonder Girl, etc. with the NTT there as well)....and a Titans book, set in the future where the stories of the JL have come to a close and the Titans have take over their role as the Earth's first line of defense. Not as legacies (barring Wally as a new Flash), and not as a new JL, keep the Titans name with unique identities like Nightwing and brand new characters in their age range. The main problem with the Titans as a team is that they can never advance to the JL's spot even if it's the most natural progression for them. We could also get the iconic sidekicks back and also get to see them as adults. Also, we could have two Flash books: one set in the present with Barry, and one in a possible future with Wally as his successor. Maybe a Young Justice book with Tim's generation could take place around the same time as the Titans book.

Coordinating this would be a nightmare I imagine, but it's too bad it won't ever be tried. So far, when the Legion of Superheroes are around they are the only book not set in the present, but in the far ass future. And in the Silver Age, we got Superboy's adventures alongside his adventures as an adult.

Instead of doing a Titans set in the near future, why not do a Teen Titans set in the past?

That would fix the coordination problem. We know what the DCU looked like during the "early years" of the League.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

That would fix the coordination problem. We know what the DCU looked like during the "early years" of the League.
    We do??!?!

Given the current state of DC continuity (or, as we say, "continuity"), I feel like I have no idea. I see constant discussion on this board about whether the most recent version of the founding of the Justice League (The New 52 version) was actually a "founding," or a "refounding" after the League had been around for a while and then - I'm not quite sure - took something of a break. Or, at least, whether it will be treated that way post-Rebirth and post-Doomsday Clock.

And, if that's so, whether J'onn J'onzz was a founder but not a refounder, and whether Cyborg was a refounder but not a founder. And, of course, Cyborg's status is entangled with what earlier Titans stories would look like.

[Note: In Justice League #38, out today, Vic says, "I founded this team, Simon." Well, that's one data point...]
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Being Robin is the closest thing that you think that would make Dick an "A-lister"?

Having his own (still current) solo-series as Nightwing wouldn't do it? Having his run as Batman (which, last I was aware, was still part of his current back-story) wouldn't count?!?

I would agree. If you walk up to the average person on the street, they don't recognize the name 'nightwing'. Being Batman for a while is no more A-list than Azrael accomplished either... But most people can finish the phrase "Batman and ...." Robin is just iconic.

As for what I would do with the Original titans? I frankly don't think they should be a 'team' any more. With so many teams in the dcu, they don't really NEED them. They don't fill a specific niche that is needed... What I would like to see is them become solo/teamup concepts. They aren't really a 'team'... they're friends. They're Family. When one of them is in trouble they should be calling them first. Nightwing teams up with Roy, or Wally calls Cyborg for a hand with something. Cyborg's first call on his phone is Starfire.

Pretty much the way Green Arrow shows up just to joke around are hit the bar when Hal's on earth. They would be the high school/college buddies that still get together on the weekends.

SOME could still be mentors helping the new sidekicks find their own path ala John's Teen Titans run. But the major players... they should have their own lives and own adventures and not really hanging out on monitor duty like it's a 'job'.... Titans should be 'more' than that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Instead of doing a Titans set in the near future, why not do a Teen Titans set in the past?

I think a Titans series set in the future without the League around would solve their problem of being irrelevant as adults because they would finally have a purpose.

This isn't really doable in the current setup though, as we are too deep in to Rebirth. This was a hypothetical for another reboot if one should ever happen.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Nightwing should tell the League to stay out of their business he used to put up a bigger fight when he wore the elf booties
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Nightwing should tell the League to stay out of their business he used to put up a bigger fight when he wore the elf booties
    Nightwing would do better as Agent 37 instead with Spyral go with S.H.A.D.E or somehow join I/O,he was an incredible intelligence agent way better than a superhero. Get Tim Drake or Jason Todd to join the Titans or someone that's not connected to the Bat
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think a Titans series set in the future without the League around would solve their problem of being irrelevant as adults because they would finally have a purpose.

This isn't really doable in the current setup though, as we are too deep in to Rebirth. This was a hypothetical for another reboot if one should ever happen.
    Hey, why not go . . . Titans Beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    We do??!?!

Given the current state of DC continuity (or, as we say, "continuity"), I feel like I have no idea. I see constant discussion on this board about whether the most recent version of the founding of the Justice League (The New 52 version) was actually a "founding," or a "refounding" after the League had been around for a while and then - I'm not quite sure - took something of a break. Or, at least, whether it will be treated that way post-Rebirth and post-Doomsday Clock.

And, if that's so, whether J'onn J'onzz was a founder but not a refounder, and whether Cyborg was a refounder but not a founder. And, of course, Cyborg's status is entangled with what earlier Titans stories would look like.

[Note: In Justice League #38, out today, Vic says, "I founded this team, Simon." Well, that's one data point...]
    Well, I mean, you know, most of the time we do.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

An older Raven would have been a good fit for the Terrifics. Her background in magic would have made her a good counterpoint to Mr. Terrific's science based viewpoint. Faith versus reason after all.

Bumblebee should have studying with Atom as his protege like in YJ. Mal could be a street level hero in Ivy town working the normal crimes while Karen handles the sci-fi stuff. You could pitch a romantic comedy book based on them trying to be partners working two seperate beats.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-08-2018 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Trust me, elf booties can give anybody the confidence they need!
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/