View Poll Results: Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, Talent?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Former Head of State and XSE Director Ororo Munroe

44 24.86%
  • Former Head of State and Frost Industries CEO Emma Frost

36 20.34%
  • Former Sears Catalog Model Jean Grey

71 40.11%
  • Other write in (say why)

44 24.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I won't deny that, but Cyclops was easily one of the most qualified people for the role considering he had led the X-Men most of his teen
    Scott only lead fighting team. He is not a diplomat or politicien. He could be the right leader for an army but not for a nation. His "solution" to the human/mutant relationship was to do a revolution. And anyway, most of the world still see it as a terrorist.

Several time, with or without Xavier, Jean represented the mutants (or at least part of them) to the government. She was the spokeswoman choosed by Xavier. She was also the headmistress of the Xavier Institute when the X-Men really "official" and public knowledge. She was one of the mutant that governments trusted the most. That's in part because she usualy was the voice of reason and was trying to find peaceful solution.

Scott's relationship with governments was a lot more conflictual. Most governments and nations wouldn't trust him especially after his "revolution".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Let's see every plausible candidate:

Cyclops : dead.
    Storm : failed at her job, replaced by Kitty.
    Kitty Pryde : doing a poor job in Gold.
    Emma Frost : crazy since Cyke died.
    Magneto : doing a good job in Blue.
    Jean : doing a magnificent job in Red.

Considering Magneto and his team will clash with Emma and Havok in the next arc of X-Men Blue (Cry Havok), him and Jean Grey are the two best current leader. But my choice is Jean Grey.
    Or maybe we could go with Storm being written in-character instead of that out-of-character crap we have seen over the last few years and she would be the best candidate. The majority of her tenure as an X-Man establishes Storm to be the number 1 pick for the job.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Get some perspective. Jean was acting headmistress when she was alive and Xavier wanted her to take over for him. This is a direct continuation of that.

If anything, it's sad Jean had to be killed off for 14 years so they can have the Cyke/Emma led show.

In addition during those years Storm was marginalized, Rogue shipped off to the Avengers. If anything tons of stuff was move around for Cyke/Emma to "work."
    Jean was not killed for Emma. Jean was killed because there were no other stories to be told with the character, to be honest. She had ran her course. Now, they are stealing Storm concepts to prop up Jean while holding Storm back in Gold.
    Last edited by rutog98; 02-09-2018 at 01:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So, what exactly would this Mutant Nation leader lead?

There's all of 200 grown mutants, half of which were super villains. The remaining mutant population(which can't be more than a few thousand at this point) should all be barely pubescent children. That's not a nation. That's a school. You know, like the X-Men have largely centered around since 1963.

Let Jean be headmistress of the school. But before you try to scale her up to leader of a mutant nation, remember the last time she was headmistress of the school the students rioted high on drugs, and one of the teachers turned out to be their greatest enemy, blew up the school, took over NYC and marched thousands of humans into ovens before killing Jean....
    I didn't consider all of this. Maybe Jean isn't cut out to be headmistress either. I think the X-Men Red concept should have gone to Ororo. She could have taken Kurt and Gambit with her to start up this international team with Namor, Trinary, and a reformed Sabertooth on the team instead of the Wolverine ripoffs while Jean came back and took over leadership of Gold from Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Now, they are stealing Storm concepts to prop up Jean while holding Storm back in Gold.
    They turned Jean into an african? Because that's about the only concept Storm has currently.

Don't complain if you get this kind of answers because you are really begging for them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    There should be elections and different parties presenting their projects for Mutankind so the incumbered voter would choose democratically.. who exacly have elected the X Men? Or Charles or Magnus? Is the next step of evolution going bacwards as far as freedom in concerned and choose dictatorship as the form of Governing themselves?

I think the X-Men can present some candidates to be the representatives. Maybe a ticket of esponsability of Ororo+Jean+Emma. Ororo would make a good Prime Minister/President candidate. Emma should be Chancellor of the Exchequer/Ministry of Economy. Jean should be the Foreign Affairs Secretary etc..
    Don't be surprised if after the third extinction mutantkind ends up ditching the X-Men as whole and voting for magneto.

I didn't consider all of this. Maybe Jean isn't cut out to be headmistress either. I think the X-Men Red concept should have gone to Ororo. She could have taken Kurt and Gambit with her to start up this international team with Namor, Trinary, and a reformed Sabertooth on the team instead of the Wolverine ripoffs while Jean came back and took over leadership of Gold from Kitty.
    Look, we have to stop seeing these characters as people accountable for their actions. Xorn got past Charles, Emma, and Jean because that's the story Morrison wanted to tell. Namor killed thousands of Wakandans at Emma's behest because that was the story those writers wanted to tell. Emma has had several student bodies slaughtered because that's what those writers wanted to tell. Ororo was an ineffective leader against a cloud because that's the story Marvel wanted to tell. Kitty is as Guggenheim writes her to be. The age of these characters acting and changing in reasonable ways over hundreds of issues is over. We as fans just have to make peace with that fact and change our habits accordingly.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Scott only lead fighting team. He is not a diplomat or politicien. He could be the right leader for an army but not for a nation. His "solution" to the human/mutant relationship was to do a revolution. And anyway, most of the world still see it as a terrorist.

Several time, with or without Xavier, Jean represented the mutants (or at least part of them) to the government. She was the spokeswoman choosed by Xavier. She was also the headmistress of the Xavier Institute when the X-Men really "official" and public knowledge. She was one of the mutant that governments trusted the most. That's in part because she usualy was the voice of reason and was trying to find peaceful solution.

Scott's relationship with governments was a lot more conflictual. Most governments and nations wouldn't trust him especially after his "revolution".
    Most of the decimation era was a never ending war of enemy after enemy, and cyclops was really qualified to put them through that. Because honestly you don't negotiate with the dark avengers, trask, selene, Purifiers, sentinels or friends of humanity. It was an uphill battle not a politics issue

Also most of the leaders of earth won't trust Jean after blowing that poor woman head on camera...

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    They turned Jean into an african? Because that's about the only concept Storm has currently.

Don't complain if you get this kind of answers because you are really begging for them.
    Don't forget about Goddess, hadari yao, royalty of a long line of priestess, badass fighter, second best leader of the X-Men after C1k3, weather witch and literal Queen
    Last edited by wano; 02-09-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Or maybe we could go with Storm being written in-character instead of that out-of-character crap we have seen over the last few years and she would be the best candidate. The majority of her tenure as an X-Man establishes Storm to be the number 1 pick for the job.
    We can't go back 15 years. Too much happened lol.

Don't forget about Goddess, hadari yao, royalty of a long line of priestess, badass fighter, second best leader of the X-Men after C1k3, weather witch and literal Queen
    Did I miss the part where Jean became any of this? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    We can't go back 15 years. Too much happened lol.
    Can't let continuity get in the way of a good story. #numarvel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Can't let continuity get in the way of a good story. #numarvel
    But Bendis is gone already!

Astonishing Member

Mesmero was depowered in M Day, he even had a story about him having to live like a normal human.
    He has his powers back with no explanation of how it happened.

We also have a Cassandra Nova story that will almost certainly not acknowledge that Ernst is in a way Cassandra Nova. She is what happened when the Nova mummudrai was tricked into possessing the body of Stuff, the synthetic Shi Ar Imperial Guard shapeshifter. In Here Comes Tomorrow Cassandra Nova Xavier tells Martha/No Girl "you can still call me Ernst"

Magneto will attack Sebastian Shaw soon in X-Men Blue. Shaw had his memories erased by Emma a decade ago and hasnt done anything particularly evil ever since. He even saved the XMen kids from the Avengers.
    Shaw and Emma were also acting very friendly to each other in New Tian even though she commited a terrible human rights abuse to him.

Emma is sane and an antihero in some books, evil and grief striken in others.

Marvel has no editors, and writers don't care about continuity. At least since Schism. Aaron was the first writer we got like this. He had Sauron and Toad in the Hellfire Club. Toad murdered the wife of Lykos to use her life energies and turn him again into Sauron. I am sure Aaron didnt know that or didnt care.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Mesmero was depowered in M Day, he even had a story about him having to live like a normal human.
    He has his powers back with no explanation of how it happened.

We also have a Cassandra Nova story that will almost certainly not acknowledge that Ernst is in a way Cassandra Nova. She is what happened when the Nova mummudrai was tricked into possessing the body of Stuff, the synthetic Shi Ar Imperial Guard shapeshifter. In Here Comes Tomorrow Cassandra Nova Xavier tells Martha/No Girl "you can still call me Ernst"

Magneto will attack Sebastian Shaw soon in X-Men Blue. Shaw had his memories erased by Emma a decade ago and hasnt done anything particularly evil ever since. He even saved the XMen kids from the Avengers.
    Shaw and Emma were also acting very friendly to each other in New Tian even though she commited a terrible human rights abuse to him.

Emma is sane and an antihero in some books, evil and grief striken in others.

Marvel has no editors, and writers don't care about continuity. At least since Schism. Aaron was the first writer we got like this. He had Sauron and Toad in the Hellfire Club. Toad murdered the wife of Lykos to use her life energies and turn him again into Sauron. I am sure Aaron didnt know that or didnt care.
    Secret Wars - that's why!

I think Emma was amazing in Secret Empire and really shone in being a leader during a very difficult time - so, goddamn, if she could find some consistency in anything that would be good
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Red, Blue, Gold, and Astonishing seem to be continuing the trend of playing loose with continuity.