Page 585 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 8548553557558158258358458558658758858959563568510851585 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,775 of 75153
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    What the flaming hell was Paul doing out there in the first place? He knew there were protesters around, you mean to tell me there wasn’t another route he could’ve taken (one with far better security) to get to wherever it was he was going? That whole thing smells of a setup to make him look like a victim that had been assaulted by violent lefties, something that’ll get endless play on Faux News.
    Something they may have learned from the recent shooting. Put themselves in dangerous situations in order to drum up outrage against the protests. Hoping this will motivate people to vote for Donny.

Saying Paul should have walked a different way because there were protesters is not valid. When that child was pepper sprayed by police in in the protest we didnt say "Well the parent should not have taken her to a protest in a time the protests were known to get out of control and the police over react." We said how dare the police do this. Paul has the right to walk down any street he wants and should not be mobbed. That is the right of every American. Maybe it was a set up Maybe not. We could say the police pepper spraying a child would not have been an issue if the parent did not take the child do a dangerous situation. But the child had a right to be there. Paul walking near protesters would be a non issue if they did not mob him.. but he had a right to be there. if it was a set up they played right into his hands.

I question the judgement of a parent who brings a child into what could be a dangerous situation, and I question Paul's judgement for doing the same. Neither was a smart thing to do in the times we live right now. And it was not smart of the protesters to play into what may have been Paul's Plan by acting the way they did.
    Last edited by babyblob; 08-28-2020 at 11:42 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    What the flaming hell was Paul doing out there in the first place? He knew there were protesters around, you mean to tell me there wasn’t another route he could’ve taken (one with far better security) to get to wherever it was he was going? That whole thing smells of a setup to make him look like a victim that had been assaulted by violent lefties, something that’ll get endless play on Faux News.
    I got a better question-why was he and his wife out there walking? He should have been in a CAR.

Meanwhile

https://www.cbs46.com/breonna-taylor...6e19187c0.html

Jamarcus Glover, Breonna Taylor's ex-boyfriend, has been arrested on drug charges, according to Louisville Metro Department of Corrections records and his attorney.

Glover was booked on Thursday on a number of drug-related charges, including complicity possession of a controlled substance for cocaine and heroin, complicity trafficking in marijuana, complicity tampering with physical evidence and complicity to trafficking cocaine, records show. He's being held on bond of $50,000.

Glover was a focus in a narcotics probe by Louisville, Kentucky, police that eventually led officers to Taylor's home in the early morning hours of March 13.

A CNN investigation found that detectives had linked Taylor's home to Glover, who was suspected of supplying a local drug house. Police said Glover had recently used Taylor's residence as his "current home address," according to an affidavit for a search warrant. The detective who wrote the affidavit said he saw Glover walk into Taylor's apartment in mid-January and leave with a package before going to a "known drug house."

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    [RL="https://www.cbs46.com/breonna-taylors-ex-boyfriend-jamarcus-glover-has-been-arrested-on-drug-charges/article_d8e0f5df-f0f5-5130-ba33-2dc6e19187c0.html"]https://www.cbs46.com/breonna-taylors-ex-boyfriend-jamarcus-glover-has-been-arrested-on-drug-charges/article_d8e0f5df-f0f5-5130-ba33-2dc6e19187c0.html[/URL]
    I have to wonder how much of this is payback or a way to discredit the current movement going on In Lousiville?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It doesnt matter who he is or what is politics are. He shouldnt be mobbed and knocked down in the street.
    Aaaaaaactually, these days, people's "politics" are killing Americans in astonishing, frankly frightening numbers. If your "politics" involve the death of 180,000 Americans via inaction, maybe getting knocked down and mobbed is getting off easy. Actions, or inactions, have consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Aaaaaaactually, these days, people's "politics" are killing Americans in astonishing, frankly frightening numbers. If your "politics" involve the death of 180,000 Americans via inaction, maybe getting knocked down and mobbed is getting off easy. Actions, or inactions, have consequences.
    And we all bash Trump and other Republicans for their actions. Yet doing the same thing. Resorting to violence and intimidation on someone because of their politics makes them no better then the other side they claim to detest. I hear the Dems on here and in the media claim all the time they are better then that. Set up or not the protesters last night in the case of Paul did not show that. And those who justify their actions are not showing it.

You can only push good people so far.

Violently overthrowing an incompetent government that is dead set on harming the people... well, it's happened before.

I'm not condoning violence, or suggesting anyone do it, but I am saying I can certainly understand being so fucking done with this administration, and the Republicans going along with it, that you feel you have very few options left, if any at all.

180,000 dead, and still no plan. Not a care in the world for those dead, and the families left behind. If you (the royal you) still vote Republican in November, then you're okay with all of that, too. Sorry, that's just how it falls now. Your vote says I am fine with these facts. Fuck these politicians that are fine with this.

I believe in voting. Vote locally. Don't be a single issue voter. Vote for policies that help people. Vote for politicians that take action to help people. Stop listening to their opponents and look at their records. Take out the government you hate by installing the one you want.

Also jesus, getting knocked down just ain't that rough, my dude.
    Last edited by Joker; 08-28-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Saying Paul should have walked a different way because there were protesters is not valid. When that child was pepper sprayed by police in in the protest we didnt say "Well the parent should not have taken her to a protest in a time the protests were known to get out of control and the police over react." We said how dare the police do this. Paul has the right to walk down any street he wants and should not be mobbed. That is the right of every American. Maybe it was a set up Maybe not. We could say the police pepper spraying a child would not have been an issue if the parent did not take the child do a dangerous situation. But the child had a right to be there. Paul walking near protesters would be a non issue if they did not mob him.. but he had a right to be there. if it was a set up they played right into his hands.

I question the judgement of a parent who brings a child into what could be a dangerous situation, and I question Paul's judgement for doing the same. Neither was a smart thing to do in the times we live right now. And it was not smart of the protesters to play into what may have been Paul's Plan by acting the way they did.
    Man, f*** Rand Paul.

Guy is a massive libertarian ***hole who can get his fellow Republican neighbor titled enough to beat the s*** out of him until he loses a chunk of lung. He gets what, bumped into? And he's acting like the crowd was there to tear him to pieces and only leave his hair plugs behind as a warning to others.

He's a goddamned Senator worth millions. If he chose to, he could hire private security, NOT THAT HE NEEDED IT. He's not a victim because he's a s***ty human being who always votes for himself and no one else and people dare to give him dirty looks for it.

He's just lucky his neighbor wasn't waiting in the crowd to finish the job from their yard waste feud.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    You can only push good people so far.

Violently overthrowing an incompetent government that is dead set on harming the people... well, it's happened before.

I'm not condoning violence, or suggesting anyone do it, but I am saying I can certainly understand being so fucking done with this administration, and the Republicans going along with it, that you feel you have very few options left, if any at all.

I believe in voting. Vote locally. Don't be a single issue voter. Vote for policies that help people. Vote for politicians that take action to help people. Stop listening to their opponents and look at their records. Take out the government you hate by installing the one you want.
    I agree with all of this. That is the real way to change things. I dont believe in violence as a way to change the systems. Sometimes it is a necessary step. But man it has to be like the nuclear option for me to agree with something like that. The problem is too many people who bitch and moan about how things are do not vote. they would rather burn buildings and and shoot protesters to get what they want. (granted he was too young to vote.) But how messed up is a society that a 17 year old shooting protesters is justified by people? Where talking about violence and intimidation against government officials is okay. That says more about our society as a whole more then any one party and that is a very hard thing to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post
    The last time the POTUS was assassinated was in 1963. The President's security has upgraded since then. There were a couple of assassination attempts after 1963, but thankfully none succeeded.

I fear that the Curse of Tippecanoe will happen this year, regardless of whoever wins the election, unlike the years 1980 and 2000. I mean both Biden and Trump are already over 70 years old and have some rumored medical health issues

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_Tippecanoe
    That is true, but I wouldn't put it past a determined Trump supporter who has access to high-powered weapons.

Side note- I never remember even hearing about the attempt on George W. I thought the worst thing ever thrown at him were some shoes.

BREAKING NEWS- apparently the reason Jacob Blake is handcuffed to his bead is because there is an outstanding warrant for his arrest for an alleged 3rd degree sexual assault by an outside law enforcement agency.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Man, f*** Rand Paul.

Guy is a massive libertarian ***hole who can get his fellow Republican neighbor titled enough to beat the s*** out of him until he loses a chunk of lung. He gets what, bumped into? And he's acting like the crowd was there to tear him to pieces and only leave his hair plugs behind as a warning to others.

He's a goddamned Senator worth millions. If he chose to, he could hire private security, NOT THAT HE NEEDED IT. He's not a victim because he's a s***ty human being who always votes for himself and no one else and people dare to give him dirty looks for it.

He's just lucky his neighbor wasn't waiting in the crowd to finish the job from their yard waste feud.
    And if a republican said this about Biden or Harris people would lose their minds. I am not comparing the two at all. Their records are much different but to some republicans he is the devil who would think attacking Biden is the only way. Yet if it were said we would go nuts on how wrong he is, how much of an idiot he is someone who deserved to go to jail. It smacks of people being hypocrites. I hate when I see hypocrites in the Republican party and I hate when I see it with Dems.
    Last edited by babyblob; 08-28-2020 at 12:39 PM.

People should be comfortable walking in public spaces. The moment a reasonable expectation of safety changes, the protest should be shut down. If pro-life protesters treated someone like Ron Wyden the same way, it would be equally intolerable.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Man, f*** Rand Paul.

Violence is bad. We should not make fun of someone for being the victim of violence, or blame them for being assaulted.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Hey Mets, 180,000 Americans are dead because of people like rand Paul. Deaaaaaad. He got knocked down. It’s called perspective.

And don’t even start with a realistic expectation of safety in public when we are living in a public health NIGHTMARE because people like Rand Paul have still taken no real action. Fuck that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Violence is bad. We should not make fun of someone for being the victim of violence, or blame them for being assaulted.
    That is assuming it played out the way alleges it did. If it didn’t go beyond basically following him around while chanting, then I doubt he was in any imminent danger.

EDIT: Correction - they knocked him down once, which admittedly isn’t the best look on the part of that crowd. So I can understand his personal perspective at least
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 08-28-2020 at 12:54 PM.