Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Went on Tales of Wonder today to preorder Thor by Jason Aaron omnibus which comes out on 3/29. Aaaand it's not there...? What is going on? Where are you guys ordering your books now?
    After the great covid delays of late 2020, I stopped pre-ordering and went back to taking chances on IST on the day of.
    Amazon still has Thor for 3/29 though.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Went on Tales of Wonder today to preorder Thor by Jason Aaron omnibus which comes out on 3/29. Aaaand it's not there...? What is going on?
    I think this question has come up before. ToW changed their processes last year. You can now only order books for about a month after they're solicited. They don't take pre-order after that deadline passes.

All-New Member

May I ask for some guidance on the new Marvel omnibus? I have the following omnibi/OHCs

1. X-Men Volume 1 Omnibus (2009)
    2. Original Inferno Prologue OHC (2014)
    3. Original/Expanded Mutant Massacre OHC (2018)
    4. Alias Omnibus (2006)

I was wondering if it was worth upgrading to the newest releases or if there is any new content I am missing with these new releases? Is the paper, binding, and overall construction better with the new releases?

Thank you!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oberatixx View Post
    May I ask for some guidance on the new Marvel omnibus? I have the following omnibi/OHCs

1. X-Men Volume 1 Omnibus (2009)
    2. Original Inferno Prologue OHC (2014)
    3. Original/Expanded Mutant Massacre OHC (2018)
    4. Alias Omnibus (2006)

I was wondering if it was worth upgrading to the newest releases or if there is any new content I am missing with these new releases? Is the paper, binding, and overall construction better with the new releases?

Thank you!
    I can speak to the first three on your list, and can tell you there's no reason to "upgrade" to the latest printings unless you have a thing for sub-par paper quality and binding.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

I wish they would just release the full list of what issues each series is broken up into for the Epic collections... this waiting to see when it's solicited, if ever, to find out is for the birds. It's been almost 10 years of the line, it's nice it's still going, but they reprint a ton of volumes for stuff I don't even want. I'm mostly amazed it's been kept as branding since they're all out of order, so no kind of consistency among buyers can be maintained.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    After the great covid delays of late 2020, I stopped pre-ordering and went back to taking chances on IST on the day of.
    Amazon still has Thor for 3/29 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I think this question has come up before. ToW changed their processes last year. You can now only order books for about a month after they're solicited. They don't take pre-order after that deadline passes.
    Thanks guys! I hope we get back to normal sometime soon.

I can still preorder on CGN. Weird how those are still available but IST can't keep up.. I find that strange. Weird times...

Do CGN and OPB both fulfill their preorders without fail? I've only dealt with IST and ToW for the most part.
    Last edited by j0nnyboy; 01-20-2022 at 04:11 AM.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

CGN has only been offering pre-orders for a couple of months now. It's a new thing for them and probably not enough time has gone by to get an accurate track record for "without fail."

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I’ve preordered books 1-2 times with CGN, it felt like it took a bit, but I have always gotten my books in really good shape. They get back to you when you send an email.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Had any of Master of Kung Fu been collected before the releases of the omnibuses and Epic collections?

I’ve preordered several books since CGN has done preorders and I’ve received four of them so far without issue. Darker Than Scarlet arrived today.

Changing gears…. Is there some kind of guide to finding all of the various Annual crossovers from the early 90’s in the epics? I noticed some epics will have all of the parts like Days of Future Present but others only have parts of the crossover Annuals like the Korvac Quest are broken up (unless we get all four parts in a theoretical GOTG Epic Collection since they’re the one constant and that’s how the Omnibus did it.) Kings of Pain is missing just the New Warriors part (!?!) in the X-Men Epics, but the X-Force one will have all four parts.

I guess I should just buy the Atlantis Attacks book (its epic styled, right? And hope they do an Evolutionary War one to match.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

In the recent past you could find both the Atlantis Attacks and Evolutionary War omni's at bargain bin prices. Not sure their status now, but if you aren't opposed to the format that's a good way to get both stories in full.

Regarding the Epics - the inconsistency can annoying. I've noticed some will reprint the annuals in full (including irrelevant back up stories), while others just reprint the main feature/crossover story.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Had any of Master of Kung Fu been collected before the releases of the omnibuses and Epic collections?
    I could be mistaken but I believe the Omnibuses followed by the Epic Collections (not yet completed) collected the Master of Kung-Fu for the very first time.

Astonishing Member

New Marvel omnibus coming in October.

I almost thought for a second when the title came up that it was Peter David’s Captain Marvel. Just a split second. I’d rather have that in Epic or Complete anyway..

Spectacular Member

Pretty embarassing that this is only now getting a release, especially given some of the dren that Marvel has released in this format over recent years.